Welcome, Guest

Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 2014 Views

Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 13:13 #56291

• shivisi
Hi!

This is my first visit to the forums and my first post. However, I have been getting the daily emails for a few months by now and they were a tremendous Chizuk for me. I must say that since I started reading them first thing in the morning, my whole day was better. I even started sharing some of the nice thoughts with my wife after work. She asked me where do you pick up these nice Vertlech lately and I told her that I signed up for the GYE chizuk list!

Let me introduce myself if I may. I am a regular heimishe guy with a lovely wife and a nice family B”H. It is hard for me to relate to some of the stuff on GYE because they seem too strong for me. I feel that there is a much needed section missing in GYE and that is just simple chizuk for שמירת עינים for us regular folks who don’t have an addiction (yet…). However, since I can relate very much to a 12 step program having seen how it turned around lives for close friends who suffered for years from other addictions (alcoholism, etc), I do relate to your great work you do. Please keep it up.

Here is what works for me. Today, we don’t have a Beis Hamkidush. So חז"ל told us that when we daven, it is in place of the קרבנות that we used to be מקריב in the holy temple. In other words, a Davening with כוונה is just as holy to Hashem since we can’t be מקריב a קרבן now days. When I walk on the street and I come across something indecent (a billboard, immodest woman, etc) and I feel it is hard for me not to look, I just say Hashem, this is very hard for me. But I will hold myself back and keep my eyes holy for you and please accept it as a קרבן.

Here is something else we should all know. Some people think that looking at p*** is a big עבירה but looking at images that for the אומת העולם is considered ok is not a sin. They don’t think it is a big deal. It is. Our holy Torah says ולא תתורו אחרי לבבכם ואחרי עיניכם. The Torah does not give ratings. PG17 is fine but if you are yeshivish than stay away from PG18 and if you are orthodox than stay away from PG21. No… If it is lust, it is a sin.

Internet filter:
This is a must. It is not the perfect solution since you can still see many stuff that are not… lets just say you would be ashamed to look at them in your shul בין גברא לגברא. It is more in the בחינה of בוחר הרע במיעוטו.

Internet accountability:
Get one of these filters that also sends a daily report by email on all the sites you visited. This will not only help you not to stray away, IT WILL MAKE YOU FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE IN YOUR WORK! You will be able to get much more work done.

Again, please if possible devote a new section for simple chizuk in עניני קדושה for people who are not addicts and don’t need a 12 step program but of course like all of us need chizuk daily.

May Hashem bless all your great work and together בדיבוק חברים may we all merit to keep ourselves and family hold and hasten the coming of Machicah.
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2010 13:15 by .

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 13:34 #56294

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all welcome...

Second, Re.
shivisi wrote on 04 Mar 2010 13:13:

Again, please if possible devote a new section for simple chizuk in עניני קדושה for people who are not addicts and don’t need a 12 step program but of course like all of us need chizuk daily.

I second the motion!!!!

Third, Regarding what you said about even 'standard' material being an avaira:
It may be true, but for someone deep into P___ and its ilks..., It may not be best to focus just yet on something that is way beyond them...

Like R' Dessler writes we have to fight the battle at the level we are currently at...

This further illustrates your point that it is a different ball game for a non-addict...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 15:19 #56301

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I feel that there is a much needed section missing in GYE and that is just simple chizuk for שמירת עינים for us regular folks who don’t have an addiction (yet…).

Dear Shivisi,

We have a special Daily Chizuk e-mail for exactly such a thing! It's called "the Shmiras Ainayim Chizuk e-mail". Why don't you sign up for that?

See list #2 on this page. And press on the numbers at the top of the page on the "pink" bar to see hundreds of previous "Shmiras Ainayim" e-mails sent out!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 15:46 #56308

• bardichev
I third the motion

if you are heimish you will understand the

what our Babbes (oy were they smart) used to say

"men ken nisht zayn a bissel allapotosh" (pregnanat)

it's either shemiras einayim or not

i was spending some time in the hospital recently

"regular" TV is very very close to p&*n

so we gotta do what it takes to battle our way

and guess what ??
stay on the forum and you will be matzliach!!!

keep on trucking

bardichev

oh I"m also heimish!!!!

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 16:22 #56321

• shivisi
Barditchev,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am getting both emails and it has been a tremendous chizuk for me. I was just asking if there is a section on the site also for regular chizuk. And as I wrote, I do relate very much to people that do need a 12 step program because I have seen what it had done for close friends of mine who suffered and their lives (and that of their families as well!) was mamesh turned around to the best.

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 16:35 #56326

• bardichev
read bardichevs battle for fun practical chizzuk

read battle worn for teef non 12 step stuff

read anything dov ever wrote he is on superstar in the 12 steps

read rage he is just as crazy as me

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 16:42 #56332

• MosheW
  • Current streak: 90 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Bardy:
IS YOUR CAPS BUTTON BROKEN?
;D ;D ;D

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 17:26 #56341

• bardichev
vutt??

oy dee kepp buttin yoiy!!!

AHHH

KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Re: Hi, my name is Shivisi and I am new here. Please read what works for me... 04 Mar 2010 17:33 #56346

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2010 17:35 by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes