Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72379 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 18 Dec 2011 14:39 #128709

• Old Freind
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
???איפו יוסלה
Post count + 1      true heros are measured by their posts
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2011 17:55 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 18 Dec 2011 17:56 #128718

• Old Freind
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
post count +2    I'm already a hero member        ;D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 20 Dec 2011 21:24 #128873

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef sent me this, and it's so good I'm putting it here on his thread for all to see.

Gevura!

Autobiography in Five Chapters

Nyoshul Khenpo

1) I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost.....I am hopeless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in...it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street.
I walk around it

5) I walk down another street.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 09:02 #129748

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
A message from Hashem!

The Baal Koreh's chumash had the aliyos split up differently than the rest of us. At the aliya of Chamishi, not wanting to end right at the passuk about going down to Mitzraim, he chose to continue until the settling of Yaakov in Eretz Goshen, which is right where Shishi is in our chumashim. I was given that aliya, so I merited an extra long one. Thinking into the words of the Torah I attempted to 'read' into the pessukim some type of message which may be applicable to me.

I was overwhelmed with finding a clear message tying together the beggining of my Aliya with the final passuk of my aliya!!!!!!!

I posted them in the Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros thread. over Here & Here.

I was FLABBERGASTED when, at Shalosh Seudos, I went to listen to a Godol whom I haven't been to in about a year & he said part of what I had thought earlier that day during my aliya!!!!!!!!! (The last piece about Yocheved, occurred to me while listening to his divrei Torah.)

And to make matters even more interesting: He included in his divrei Torah about avoiding the zimah, the immorality in our generation; That is is also a topic which he mentioned last time I was there!!!

(Last year he actually said, "... & it is not an excuse to say they are addicted and cannot refrain..."  [I, personally, choose to understand his words to mean that we can't sit back & continue to act out with the excuse, "Hey, I am an addict. I am powerless. I cannot stop. - So I have a heter to act out!] )

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 15:53 #129768

• goung to be Heilige
Hallow I am no so good in English but I have to right this one in the tora says too weeks ago that yoseph give for his first child manoshe he said that hshem makes him for got of his fathers home. What’s the idea of forgetting of his father’s home and why was it had to be his first blasting to hsem? the answer is that yosephs have allot of people whom to blame about his problems and his neyones and he cold also fell and put it on a odder one he cold say that his father send him to a danger’s place and ruven because he put him in to the hull and yaheda because he sold him. but he didn’t do this things he blast hsem that he makes him forgot of his fathers home and he didn’t blame no one and that makes him go over all nesyones I hope its clear enough

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 15:56 #129769

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yo"Hatz - You are right, there is no heter to be an idiot.

And great post, thanks! Here you 100%.

going to be heilige -

Thanks that was great, sweet, and very clear. Alei v'hatzlach!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 17:56 #129800

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef,
I'm waiting for you to get a job with a 30 minute commute.
(how selfish of me)

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 18:42 #129810

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Yosef, gevaldigger divrei torah! (as usual)

Goingtobeheilig, that is such a great vort, it illustrates what the Rebbe Reb B would say: I am nobody's fault. thank you for sharing that
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 02 Jan 2012 21:45 #129832

• goung to be Heilige
thanks dov

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 04:57 #131491

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Shteeble wrote on 02 Jan 2012 17:56:

Yosef,
I'm waiting for you to get a job with a 30 minute commute.
(how selfish of me)

Hey! YOU are the one who needs to drive distances (at least at first...) 

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 05:54 #131496

• neiroyair
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Expert Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 02 Jan 2012 09:02:

A message from Hashem!

The Baal Koreh's chumash had the aliyos split up differently than the rest of us. At the aliya of Chamishi, not wanting to end right at the passuk about going down to Mitzraim, he chose to continue until the settling of Yaakov in Eretz Goshen, which is right where Shishi is in our chumashim. I was given that aliya, so I merited an extra long one. Thinking into the words of the Torah I attempted to 'read' into the pessukim some type of message which may be applicable to me.

I was overwhelmed with finding a clear message tying together the beggining of my Aliya with the final passuk of my aliya!!!!!!!

I was FLABBERGASTED when, at Shalosh Seudos, I went to listen to a Godol whom I haven't been to in about a year & he said part of what I had thought earlier that day during my aliya!!!!!!!!!

I always had a "thing" for finding messages in aliyahs that I received and I once heard Rabbi Paysach Krohn say that there is something to it.

Call me crazy, but also when they do hagba'ah in shul I try to look for my initials. Now, I have a "nun" in my name, so my eyes catch a regular "nun" then I feel like Hashem is happy with me. If my eyes first catch a "nun sofis/ end of nun" going downward into the abyss, I feel like I've done wrong b'einei Hashem. It's amazing how tried and true the system is for me....I think. Anyway, be matzliach!
You are not the weakest link…Goodbwell hello there!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 05:57 #131497

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
NeiroYair wrote on 24 Jan 2012 05:54:

Call me crazy, but also when they do hagba'ah in shul I try to look for my initials. Now, I have a "nun" in my name

If we call you Crazy, you won't have a "nun" in your name....      ;D

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 14:21 #131514

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Yosef,

Welcome back to your thread.

and to gye

will we see you again before late february?

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 15:57 #131528

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 24 Jan 2012 05:57:

NeiroYair wrote on 24 Jan 2012 05:54:

Call me crazy, but also when they do hagba'ah in shul I try to look for my initials. Now, I have a "nun" in my name

If we call you Crazy, you won't have a "nun" in your name....      ;D

Well Yosef obviously he wouldn't be looking for his english name in the Torah, he would be looking for משוגנע.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 24 Jan 2012 19:54 #131574

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi Yosef, nice to see you in these parts 

Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes