Welcome, Guest

I guess I should introduce myself again...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I guess I should introduce myself again... 1623 Views

I guess I should introduce myself again... 04 Feb 2010 02:57 #51067

• coby613
Hello. My name is coby613. Search for my name, new people (I hope to meet all of you) and you probably find my story.  I have started to find men less attractive, have been feeling so for a while. I am about to start a course that will help me fine tune my dating abilities and prospects.  I fall, yes, but much less often than I used to. I am currently in therapy for my sexual abuse and that has helped a lot. Thank you,  everyone, and especially guard, for all the help. I'll try and stop by as often as I can, and hopefully I won't need this site in the future!

Coby613
Last Edit: by .

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 04 Feb 2010 03:58 #51074

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Welcome, back!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 04 Feb 2010 07:20 #51086

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Coby!

Great to hear that the pieces are coming together for you.
Looking forward to hearing more good things.

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 04 Feb 2010 14:07 #51135

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Coby:  Good to see you posting again.  Keep going.

I'm of the opinion that "let go and let G-d" also includes making room for all of G-d's shlichim that He's sending your way.  So let the doctors, let your own capable mind, and let the support of this Forum all come together to help Him provide exactly the support, concern, and healing energy you need and deserve. 

You wouldn't have come (back) here unless you knew this already, and desired it deeply.  So stick around and keep posting-- it surely is part of the healing work that Hashem has brought to your door (okay, your keyboard).

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 07 Feb 2010 03:41 #51631

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to have you back, and I agree - hopefully you won't need us, but we're here for you if you do!

And if you can/want to...you can share with us and help inspire us - there's  lot that you can give!

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 07 Feb 2010 12:38 #51672

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Could I add one PS to silentbattle's post, which I'm sure was on his mind as well. When he said, "hopefully you won't need us,"  I'd clarify he's SURELY NOT meaning you should WAIT until things have dropped to "need."

In other words, you've got permission to see the Forum, and all the other help Hashem is bringing your way, as a GIFT that you can UTILIZE freely and joyfully for making progress. You can come around without knocking down your self-esteem!!

So, remember that it's a gift and not a crutch. Feel free to come around and post, ask, read, whatever. [I bet others would benefit from your progress reports, insights, etc, even if you don't feel the burning need.]

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 07 Feb 2010 17:13 #51713

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Absolutely, Briut.  But please, stop reading my mind, OK?

Re: I guess I should introduce myself again... 09 Feb 2010 21:15 #52286

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Coby, I don't know if you've been tracking one of your earlier threads, in addition to this new "welcome again" thread.  But I had been following your earlier questions about SSA and posed a question about why the guys here seem to have such strong taivas for M-F activities and such aversion to M-M ones. 

The discussion is quite lively right now.

I hope you don't mind if I made that post on your own thread, especially since it sounds like some of your SSA issues are taking a back seat in your mind.  I'm happy for you and hope you continue to make gevaldige progress toward complete serenity etc in this line of work. 

In the meantime, though, I wanted to write and apologize if you didn't want the discussion to continue.  If you want to see it, it's obviously the SSA thread on Breaking Free that has your name as OP.  Thanks. - Briut
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes