Welcome, Guest

Years of suffering
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Years of suffering 141 Views

Years of suffering 11 Jun 2024 04:20 #415015

Hi everyone,
So I finally built up the courage to introduce myself hoping that this can somehow help me.
I got into p&m in 11th grade and it’s been a long 8 years since trying to stop.
I think like most people here I have had better and worse moments and I’ve definitely had those times that I was clean for a while and thought I was over it as well as those times that I thought I would never be able to stop which is where I kind of am right now.
I think I’ve tried many different ways to stop including speaking to Rabbeim, therapists about it as well as putting filters on my phone ect but as I’ve come to unfortunately learn there’s always a way around a filter and I just don’t really know where to go from here. 
If you guys can please reach out hopefully some of your ideas and tricks may be able to work for me and get me going in the right direction .

Thanks!

Re: Years of suffering 11 Jun 2024 04:32 #415017

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey!
Welcome to the GYE family.
Here you will find hope, warmth, acceptance, and most importantly, growth.
Stick around, read some threads, and keep posting.

(If you're really daring and want to jump right in, reach out to Hashem Help Me (HHM) michelgelner@gmail.com - one of the main mentors on the site. He has helped hundreds, present company included. If you're not ready yet, take your time...)

Re: Years of suffering 11 Jun 2024 10:35 #415020

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 428 days
  • Gold Boarder
justkeeptrying wrote on 11 Jun 2024 04:20:
If you guys can please reach out hopefully some of your ideas and tricks may be able to work for me and get me going in the right direction .

Thanks!

We don't have any magical tricks up our sleeve that will help. Only friends that have been down the same road and understand you all too well. There is a wealth of information that you can pick up, but more importantly are the friends you'll make. They are the most compassionate, understanding, and empathetic group you will find anywhere. Stick around get to know the Oilam around here, find someone who's struggle you identify with, and reach out to him. Like the Yungerman before me suggested, a good place to start would be by reaching out to the Rebbe HHM. He has started hundreds of us on our journey to sobriety. Let the journey begin! You got this!

Re: Years of suffering 11 Jun 2024 13:20 #415027

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Try strengthening yourself with these great free resources:

1) The Battle of the Generation: a sensational free ebook that seriously gets you excited to fight and win this fight. It's a real game-changer.

2) The Fight: an incredible audio series from Rabbi Shafier.

Links are below in my signature.

Also, if you are able and are willing to make the big sacrifice, consider removing the Internet from your phone altogether using something like MB Smart (depending on what phone you have). While such actions are far from a cure-all, it can be a big help.

Wishing you much success!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Years of suffering 18 Jun 2024 17:25 #415356

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How's it going, buddy?
Everything ok?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes