Welcome, Guest

general question
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: general question 139 Views

general question 02 Apr 2024 02:13 #411107

Hi i joined the GYE program Jan. 15, which is 188 days ago, I learned the techniques how to help my addiction and very much devoted to get clean and live freely on the right path staying focused and vigilant to my problems, confident in my goal it would work to bring me to ever lasting freedom

My question though is: ever since i started my journey on GYE i never had an urge or downfall, which means I cant really utilize the tools and guidance I get on the program, which I think would very much help me in real life situations, anyone with any idea for me?

Re: general question 02 Apr 2024 04:00 #411112

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopingforbetterdays wrote on 02 Apr 2024 02:13:

Hi i joined the GYE program Jan. 15, which is 188 days ago, I learned the techniques how to help my addiction and very much devoted to get clean and live freely on the right path staying focused and vigilant to my problems, confident in my goal it would work to bring me to ever lasting freedom

My question though is: ever since i started my journey on GYE i never had an urge or downfall, which means I cant really utilize the tools and guidance I get on the program, which I think would very much help me in real life situations, anyone with any idea for me?

Hi

First ,congrats 188 days is incredible.
I don’t think you should be concerned that you don’t have strong urges etc. It’s  a huge brachah that you don’t have to deal with the terrible nisyonos some of the guys here deal with. Definitely don’t worry about utilizing the program. It’s like saying you want car trouble to use your AAA , or get sick G-D forbid to utilize all that the healthcare benefits insurance has. Be proactive, take steps to be ready to deal with a challenge if it does ever come. But don’t look for a fight so to speak.

Re: general question 02 Apr 2024 18:12 #411134

• eerie
  • Current streak: 738 days
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW! 188 beautiful days! Keep it up!
Totally agree with I-man. Would add, there are probably parts of the techniques you are using that apply to life's challnges in general, which gives you the room to practice and internalize what you have learned
The only other thing I'd say is, stay vigilant. Don't go nuts, but stay vigilant
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: general question 02 Apr 2024 22:37 #411144

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 993 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopingforbetterdays wrote on 02 Apr 2024 02:13:

Keep reviewing the techniques.  A little bit every day will ingrain it in you. The best time to strengthen and prepare yourself is when you don’t have strong urges.  Preparing now can save you a whole lot of grief later…:
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: general question 04 Apr 2024 01:35 #411248

I wanna thank you all for all your support, am accepting your advice and chizuk. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes