Welcome, Guest

The Eishes Chayil
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Eishes Chayil 146 Views

The Eishes Chayil 28 Jan 2024 18:54 #407727

• seagull
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi to all the Warriors of our generation. I am currently on the path to recovery from internet abuse. It is a process that as we know can take months. And along the way we fall in from time to time. My question is, how should my wife take the situation in a way that is only encouraging to my growth, and what support can she get, going through this period. Please reply if anyone can be of help.

Re: The Eishes Chayil 28 Jan 2024 19:02 #407728

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
seagull wrote on 28 Jan 2024 18:54:
Hi to all the Warriors of our generation. I am currently on the path to recovery from internet abuse. It is a process that as we know can take months. And along the way we fall in from time to time. My question is, how should my wife take the situation in a way that is only encouraging to my growth, and what support can she get, going through this period. Please reply if anyone can be of help.

see guardyoureyes.com/component/content/article/36-resources-for-wives-of-strugglers 

Re: The Eishes Chayil 28 Jan 2024 22:16 #407740

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
One of the best things for her is to speak to the mentor you are dealing with over here.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The Eishes Chayil 28 Jan 2024 23:41 #407744

• parev
  • Platinum Boarder
"....in a way that is only encouraging to my growth,"

I learnt the hard way that I can't be dependant on my wifes support encouragement understanding or willingness to help

However the results spoke for themselves - not necessarily the day count - the attitude and behaviour changes in and out of the bedroom
She is my biggest [silent] supporter since!
Marbitz torah and communal askan in E Yisroel | 30's | Went to rehab | Avid SA'er
Not perfect yet, but a changed person 180 degrees
If you think you know who I am, and want to reach out for further chizzuk, I have nothing to hide in real life and would love to share my ESH with you
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2024 23:42 by parev.

Re: The Eishes Chayil 29 Jan 2024 01:29 #407764

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
parev wrote on 28 Jan 2024 23:41:
"....in a way that is only encouraging to my growth,"

I learnt the hard way that I can't be dependant on my wifes support encouragement understanding or willingness to help

However the results spoke for themselves - not necessarily the day count - the attitude and behaviour changes in and out of the bedroom
She is my biggest [silent] supporter since! 

This may seem obtuse, but would you elaborate a bit on that?

Re: The Eishes Chayil 29 Jan 2024 01:38 #407765

• parev
  • Platinum Boarder
explain your q and ill try to A
Marbitz torah and communal askan in E Yisroel | 30's | Went to rehab | Avid SA'er
Not perfect yet, but a changed person 180 degrees
If you think you know who I am, and want to reach out for further chizzuk, I have nothing to hide in real life and would love to share my ESH with you

Re: The Eishes Chayil 29 Jan 2024 01:40 #407766

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
Trying to gain insight into the silent support- how do you feel her support if she is silent?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes