Welcome, Guest

Introducing Myself
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introducing Myself 387 Views

Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 16:10 #404567

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi 
​I'm clean for a while B"H
but struggling in solitude is extremely difficult, hopefully being in touch with fellow strugglers who are understanding & unjudgmental will ease the burden.
Looking forward

Re: Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 16:26 #404568

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello my dear brother,

Welcome! Welcome!

Wow! Clean for a while - what a win! Major! Keep it up,

Struggling alone is not fun, it's extremely difficult. Bro, we are here for you. Rooting for you, let's do this together.

Read. Share. Learn. Grow. Ask.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 16:49 #404569

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the family! As Markz likes to say, the opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is connection. See the video in his signature (if it's still there..)
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 17:15 #404574

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks "Heeling"
one of your sayings "You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.
This is one of my Major struggle/pain/frustration.
i cant live with myself. just forget about the past & look ahead or think about the now are very nice in theory but not in reality

Re: Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 17:41 #404577

• tp1
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome!

Keep posting and build up relationships on this site. 
lots of wise people here. 
im new in my journey as well and working on keeping the right mindset. 

hatzlacha!

Re: Introducing Myself 05 Dec 2023 17:50 #404579

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
samshmuel wrote on 05 Dec 2023 17:15:
Thanks "Heeling"
one of your sayings "You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.
This is one of my Major struggle/pain/frustration.
i cant live with myself. just forget about the past & look ahead or think about the now are very nice in theory but not in reality

Oi that very painful...

Want to share with us some of your struggles and frustration?
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Introducing Myself 07 Dec 2023 16:32 #404690

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
A vital lesson from this Week's parsha  (וישב) פרק לח פסוק יב & פסוק כגWho can be called a friend?the Torah describes a friend "רעהו"the one you can trust with your DARKEST secrets

Re: Introducing Myself 07 Dec 2023 18:57 #404701

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
samshmuel wrote on 07 Dec 2023 16:32:
A vital lesson from this Week's parsha  (וישב) פרק לח פסוק יב & פסוק כגWho can be called a friend?the Torah describes a friend "רעהו"the one you can trust with your DARKEST secrets

Welcome!
You remind me of a nice story... The Rebbe, Reb Zusia told of a marvelous conversation he overheard at an inn between two drunks. “I love you, Ivan,” said one drunkard to the other. “You don’t love me,” said his friend. “I do love you,” repeated the first. “You don’t love me,” insisted Ivan.  “How do you know that I don’t love you?” shouted the first in exasperation.  “Because you can’t tell me what hurts me,” answered Ivan. “If you can’t tell me what hurts me, you can’t try to make it better. And if you don’t try to make it better, you certainly don’t love me.”
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Introducing Myself 07 Dec 2023 22:07 #404712

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
samshmuel wrote on 07 Dec 2023 16:32:

First of all Welcome! Good to see yet another jew joining the battle, another jew that wants to change and become a better person. Stick around to find what works for you, make some friends.....

Second of all, Thanks for the nice insight, as you brought this up I would take the liberty to ask (no need to respond, just something to think of maybe in the future). Did you take any steps to implement this vort? לא המדרש עיקר אלא המעשה.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: Introducing Myself 08 Dec 2023 15:11 #404744

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Oy, Gevald!!  you went quick straight to the point
no I did not implement it,  I did not practiced (yet) what I preached.
my hope is that thru preaching it may lead to practice
by remaining completely silent there is much less hope.

Thanks so much - "True Self" - for your respond and concern
Very much appreciated
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2023 15:14 by samshmuel.

Re: Introducing Myself 11 Dec 2023 15:14 #404804

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2023 11:28 by samshmuel. Reason: Taking it back

Re: Introducing Myself 11 Dec 2023 15:17 #404805

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2023 11:29 by samshmuel. Reason: Taking it back

Re: Introducing Myself 11 Dec 2023 15:34 #404806

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
samshmuel wrote on 11 Dec 2023 15:14:
Disclaimer All Questions I will be asking is not about emunah in divrei Chazl ח"וOn the contrary we are maminim bnei maminim in all י"ג עיקריםThe purpose in all my questions is I'm looking for CLARITY I have suffered for years in silence of inner turmoil which caused עצבות יאוש וכו וכו וכוOver the years I came to the realization that some or all dvrei chazal and especially Aggadah can be misleading if taken literallyin a sense it is like תורה שבכתב no one will say that עין תחת עין is the literal sense of the wordso I will present statements from Talmud/ Rishonim etc. (not in any order, בגדר אין מוקדם ומאוחר) which has been floating around in my head and played a huge role in my struggle.It is my hope that thruדבוק חברים יתברר הענין, ויצא מאפילה לאורAlthough over the years, better said: decades a lot of damage has been done.

פס בסלו - did not work AT ALLאם פגע בך מנוול משכהו לבית המדרשdid not work either and it was precisely after these 2 advise that I fell even lower. then I was thinking maybe I'm so rotten that the Torah was in the category of לא זכה נעשית לו סם מוות   It is very embarrassing, but I have to confess that at one point I was so angry at Hashem why he did not protect me that I did stuffבמזיד ובכוונה להכעיס רח"ל

You are bringing up a very valid point. 

Many people have already seen the dark picture that is painted in many sefarim for someone who slipped in this area. This creates a tremendous amount of guilt and hopelessness. These feelings do more harm than good. The person gets upset by what he sees written in sefarim and then continues to act out and becomes more upset. It is therefore imperative for any person struggling with this nisayon to gain a proper understanding into the words of Chazal on this topic.

Not everything written in sefarim was intended for every person at every time. A person needs to have a Rebbi who tells him what Chazal meant and who they were addressing. Even within the words of Chazal, there seem to be various contradictions. There are some ma’amarei Chazal that give hope and chizuk, while others discuss the negativity and punishments.

Obviously there are no real contradictions in Chazal, and all of their words are true. However, the point being made here is that just as one needs a Rebbi to teach him how to understand a sugya in Shas, so, too, must one have a Rebbi to understand this sugya in hashkafah. Additionally, it’s important to emphasize that anything written in sefarim pertaining to this topic was done with one intention in mind: to help a person grow. If a person sees that he’s acting out more after learning from a specific sefer, or he is falling into a deeper depression, then he is obviously coming away with a message contrary to the purpose for which  was written.

You seem to be dealing with a lot of pain, you're not  bad person at all. As you said, "decades a lot of damage has been done" it does not disappear in a day. Do you go to therapy or did you consider going? 

We are here for you. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Introducing Myself 11 Dec 2023 17:22 #404814

• samshmuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks -DavidT- for your reply and concern.
I'm definitely considering going for therapy 

Re: Introducing Myself 11 Dec 2023 18:45 #404817

• bright
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I really feel for your suffering. Having questions like these are really tough to deal with because of all the self doubt involved. Please dont get upset at yourself for having questions. You are a good searching Jew. The fact that you posted here shows real strength and commitment to Yidishkeit, perhaps even more so than your typical Yid. There is nothing wrong with you. The fact that you are clean despite all this is a testament to amazing internal fortitude and real resolve to do whats right, and show you have real emuna. You know whats right despite all the questions. Its really incredible and inspirational!
Nothing good grows in the dark. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes