Welcome, Guest

The post I never wanted to Make
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The post I never wanted to Make 409 Views

The post I never wanted to Make 15 Nov 2023 20:17 #403708

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
After close to years clean, with Hashem's help, I fell without Hashem's help. I fell after first getting complacent, then actively shrugging off things which could have helped stop it. Over the course of a few days I built up excuses and delusions, not utilizing the tools I've developed over this past time, and letting the Ruach Shtuss engulf me fully. I didn't reach out. I didn't talk it out with those amazing people who would have loved to help me avoid this. I stifled my feelings. I browsed on unprotected computers without accountability, seeing things with the justification that having the skin filter on is enough, although I'm letting my imagination run wild. I fell back into the same pattern of deceit and half-truth that has damaged me in the past. Ignoring the consequences, I shut the part in the back of my brain screaming not to. And then, in the end, even without me touching myself, I released. And in that moment, the excuses dropped. I am grateful to Hashem for giving me these past 675 days. Thank you to HashemHelpMe, Vekham, Eerie, Cordnoy, Dov, to my Rabbeim, therapists, and all the others who have inspired, encouraged, advised, and uplifted me to this point. I now face the prospect of a Nisoyoin Hashem  wanted me never to have, but that I have, through my own bad decisions and carelesness, unfortunately placed myself into.
Getting up after a fall. Here we go.

B'ezras Hashem Yisborach, Day 2
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 15 Nov 2023 21:36 #403715

Painful stuff, Refuah Sheleimah, pal.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

One thing I want to understand, though:

I fell without Hashem's help

Really? Was your heart not beating? Did your nervous system stop? Did you not ejaculate?
I think Hashem was very much there, helping you every second. Probably shaking his head and saying, "Son, I made a promise to mankind, if this is what you choose, this is what I'll do for you."

We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 15 Nov 2023 23:27 #403724

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry about that it isn't fun. I remember my first fall. 

When you were counting your hundreds of days did you give the credit to hashem ? I am sure you did.

So a fall is also from Hashem (I don't know why) - Not that it makes it feel better.

But you got up again and that's what counts!
Hatzlacha!
Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 16 Nov 2023 14:21 #403736

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Please read Chapter 21 of The Battle of the Generation. It's about the proper perspective when you brought challenges upon yourself.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 16 Nov 2023 14:55 #403737

• ybird
  • Current streak: 304 days
  • Gold Boarder
Unfortunately i know the feeling, i fell after 692 days clean, and now i'm back to 38, still bittersweet, try to block out your mind for the next 10 days, i was very sad and couldn't bring myself to reset the chart, 
but kudos to you for coming up right away

and lets dance together for 1367 days we had together combined (that's close to 2 MILLION minutes of holiness)
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 16 Nov 2023 15:45 #403742

• tp1
  • Senior Boarder
Keep strong!

you have proven to yourself that you can stay clean for an extended period of time. Iyh you will get back there. 

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 16 Nov 2023 20:57 #403753

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry, it itches really bad, But it's amazing to see you back so fast, you are an example for all of us that even if we fall after so many days we shouldn't give up, The next few days you stay clean are worth much more that the last few days before you fell because now you face a nisayon of giving up and you are not, just as your YH is not giving up.
Talk to hashem in your own words and tell him how much you really want to get closer to him.

P.S. Put those 675 in your archive not in the garbage.

May you have a speedy recovery.
True self
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2023 20:57 by true_self.

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 19 Nov 2023 23:34 #403830

Keep coming back
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 27 Nov 2023 02:45 #404100

• forging on
  • Current streak: 671 days
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you! thank you for not giving up! Thank you for sharing your pain with us your strength with us and your resolve with us. My heart aches for you. I had a fall after only half a year clean and I just remember it feeling so stupid. Like I wasted my fall on that?! I could have watched something good and actually enjoyed instead of just falling to something that never would have gone on my radar when I was head deep in this stuff. In the end I realized my fall was my biggest mark of success, If I wasn't clean for so long than I could not have fallen. The yetzer hara was losing his grip on me and I had a fall to prove it.

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 27 Nov 2023 05:08 #404104

• optomism
  • Senior Boarder
Man your like a billionare who lost a million dollars.  I'm the pauper who struggles to stay clean for a week and feels rich when 10 days clean. 
I dont even know how to feel bad for you. Like your a gadol mammish and your crying like this.  I don't know man your too holy. 

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 27 Nov 2023 16:19 #404114

This post makes me feel better. Here I am thinking I'm terrible because I can't go consecutive weeks anymore but you have now given me chizzuk. Thank you

Re: The post I never wanted to Make 27 Nov 2023 17:08 #404118

• poij
  • Fresh Boarder
wow that's so bad. Sorry to read that you've lost your streak.....
Yaakov limps for the rest of his life. It means that we are always held back from the yetzer hara
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes