Welcome, Guest

so glad for this forum
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: so glad for this forum 371 Views

so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 03:16 #403292

Hi all,

I am 21 keinen hara (not married) and for nearly half my life I have been stuck doing what we all know we shouldn't. It started in a library computer and I remember to this day the first time. And I was thinking 'it's not so bad it'll only be one time'

How wrong I was and it took me long enough to get here.

I thought to get the same effect from a 12 step program but I an paranoid about my voice being taken by AI cuz it is possible to be identified from you're voice itself nowadays. so text will have to suffice.

I am so glad this exists that there's a community of erliche yidden to rally behind and grow with tog ether.

Would love to hear from you all here your stories. and we may all benefit from that chizuk that only real human comradere can get you.

Thank you
Forkintheroad

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 05:03 #403294

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha. What have you tried?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 07:09 #403301

• tp1
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome!

i am pretty new here as well.
I wish you much hatzlacha with your journey. 

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 14:18 #403310

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!

Please check out these great resources:
1) The Battle of the Generation: a sensational free ebook that seriously gets you excited to fight and win this fight.
2) The Fight: an incredible audio series from Rabbi Shafier.

Links are below in my signature. Wishing you much success!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 18:04 #403323

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! This is a safe anonymous community so feel comfortable.
Many of our stories are out there already and you can check them out to get tips and chizzuk, also try the f2f program it really helped me in the beginning when I joined.
Hang around and make some wonderful friends that will beH be with you along your journey to freedom.
Wishing you much seyatah dishmayah.

All the best.
True self
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 22:40 #403351

Thank you. I have tried filters but here's the thing, every filter can be bypassed if you know how to do it.. and I have come to realize thati the only way out is getting to the root of this problem.

The closest thing that worked for a time was a system on the same principle as webchaver which basically made my internet browsing public to my entire family. It is obviously very sad that they scare me more than the King of Kings, but that is human nature and I will make the most of it. Things were okay for little while. While making everything i did on a computer public had obvious downsides, it actually worked for a month or two.. until I found a way to get around that tooand were back to square one.

The horrible truth is thatI am just too good for filters 99% of the time, this is not bragging, but the very opposite of gaivah. I am jealous of people who can't get around thers and therefore don't have this problem.

And of course filters only help with P and not M..

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 22:43 #403352

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
How about an accountability partner?

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 22:49 #403353

Thank you and you too!!

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 22:51 #403354

I have started f2f, be ezrasH it will be successful. Thank you for the warm welcome

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 22:53 #403355

Is accountability partner like webchaver or is this a gye thing? Sorry iam new

Re: so glad for this forum 06 Nov 2023 23:44 #403359

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
No, it means having a real live person that you are in touch with.

Re: so glad for this forum 07 Nov 2023 00:32 #403363

• bright
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The closest thing that worked for a time was a system on the same principle as webchaver which basically made my internet browsing public to my entire family. It is obviously very sad that they scare me more than the King of Kings, but that is human nature and I will make the most of it.

Rabbi Yochanan ben zakkai told his tamidim you should fear Hashem like you fear basar vedam, that is above most of us not much to be ashamed of.... Having someone to speak to made it feasible to remain clean. Whats in the dark is quite scary indeed. Try reaching out to Hashem Help Me.
Nothing good grows in the dark. 

Re: so glad for this forum 08 Nov 2023 01:16 #403425

I am becoming increasingly terrified that you might have a point..

Re: so glad for this forum 08 Nov 2023 02:05 #403428

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
forkintheroad wrote on 08 Nov 2023 01:16:
I am becoming increasingly terrified that you might have a point..

So you are terrified of sentient carrots and pencils. Congratulations. 
But seriously do something about it then
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi
Last Edit: 08 Nov 2023 02:06 by foolie.

Re: so glad for this forum 08 Nov 2023 22:03 #403465

Sentient carrots and pencils???
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes