Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18367 Views

Re: It's all in the name 04 Sep 2023 22:34 #400844

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Love the idea, when you first told me about it I started with checking on a paper, but it was not practical so it didn't last long, now that i see this link to get a clicker i'm positive to try it once again.
Perhaps we should make a clicker contest??
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 05 Sep 2023 13:29 #400865

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Original idea! But guys these only count until 9,999 so maybe you should get a few of them. Don’t put yourself in a cap…

You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: It's all in the name 14 Sep 2023 22:31 #401147

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah gut yuhr, my dear friends! This Rosh Hashana is like none other in my life, and it's thanks to you, my dear friends and brothers! Please have me in mind in your tefillos. I will BeH have you in mind in mine
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 18 Sep 2023 21:13 #401214

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Heeling wrote on 05 Sep 2023 13:29:

Original idea! But guys these only count until 9,999 so maybe you should get a few of them. Don’t put yourself in a cap…

I just bought a clicker counter. You can reset them Or buy a few, save them so after 120 they'll come clicking up there on your behalf. Maybe even be buried with them. The Chevra Kaddisha might be wondering...

Re: It's all in the name 18 Sep 2023 21:15 #401215

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 14 Sep 2023 22:31:
Ah gut yuhr, my dear friends! This Rosh Hashana is like none other in my life, and it's thanks to you, my dear friends and brothers! Please have me in mind in your tefillos. I will BeH have you in mind in mine

I had everyone in mind, especially by the words "ויעשו כולם אגודה אחת לעשות רצונך בלבב שלם"

Re: It's all in the name 27 Sep 2023 11:33 #401623

• Fresh Boarder
I bought one too based on your suggestion eerie.

I’m getting 30 clicks or so on the way to work every morning. 

thank you!

Re: It's all in the name 03 Oct 2023 04:28 #401804

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
2152023 wrote on 27 Sep 2023 11:33:
I bought one too based on your suggestion eerie.

I’m getting 30 clicks or so on the way to work every morning. 

thank you!

Wow! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing that. And it all goes to the zechus of Pvibes who told me how much it changed his life. And to the friend who told me about his check system. שכרכם הרבה מאוד!

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 21:59 #403757

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
It's almost a year since I started posting here. A year of learning from so many wonderful friends. I want to share a thought with you, my dear friends. I told this to a friend here yesterday. The YH is called "שאור שבעיסה". Why? Because sourdough takes a small clump of clay, a sticky mixture of water and flour, and it blows up to way past it's real size. Mostly using air. The YH does the same. He takes something that exists, something that we need, end he blows it, he fills it with air, he makes it look so much more important than it really is. We were created with a sex drive for a very specific reason, and yes, it's a naturally strong desire. But the YH, using the world out there as his lackeys, has created such an overblown picture, totally out of proportion, with so much air and nothingness in there. And I have been thinking about this recently, as Hashem has helped and due to good reasons my wife is off limits for a little while, and we still have some time to go, and I was so surprised that it was not bothering me! I really didn't feel anxious, denied, hungry. And so I thank you, my dear friends, and I tell those who came recently, you will see, those fantastic desires, those irresistible urges, they are the YH's concoction, and you will, beH, with work, succeed in putting a pin into his balloon, and you'll feel free
Now, if you've noticed, I used the past tense in the last few sentences. And I feel I should make an admission here. I gotta say, it's hard. In some ways harder than my first post. Because now I have a reputation here, too. What will my friends think of me? What will those who I have encouraged think, are you the guy to help me when you do things wrong yourself? But hey, here goes. I BH didn't look at the worst things out there, but was definitely מגרה ביצרי. I looked at things I know I shouldn't have, when I noticed that for some funny reason my filter let instagram through. And I see the air filling up the balloon. It's crazy how the media out there can make your YH grow.  BH, I got the filter to block it. And I klapped al cheit. And I hope to never ever do that again. But I learned that if you let the YH, he knows how to make that dough rise quickly. If we stay away, the air will slowly dissipate. And know, that what you feel is the balloon, it's not your natural desire and drive
I hope my dear friends don't feel I let them down. And if I did, please accept my repentance, and together, let's keep on trucking!

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 22:11 #403759

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Just to be clear, I could use some chizuk. And my ego could use some, too:)

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 22:19 #403761

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder

R’ Eerie,

I wish you were next to me so I can give you a hug. You’re such a special person. Your words are so beautiful. So simple. So true.

Your so not eerie! Your so loving, caring and giving.

You did not let me down. You taught me that we are all prone to falling into the YH trap, no matter what/when/how long we’ve been working on ourselves.

Strength and determination to resolve shows leadership. A leader is someone who has a following and can still admit to his followers of his mistakes – you did just that.

You are much more special to me now.

Keep on trucking,

You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 22:47 #403762

• Bennyh
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 16 Nov 2023 22:11:
Just to be clear, I could use some chizuk. And my ego could use some, too:)

Go through your posts on OTHER people's threads. There are gems of warm chizzuk scattered all over

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 23:12 #403763

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, I just did something similar. It's very hard to be machazek yourself. So I imagined somebody else, in my position, calling me and telling me his story. And I answered him. It helped. A little. 
What should I tell you guys? I think it's good to get a reality check every once in a while. Like Eerie, chill out a little bit. You ain't as important and as great as you think you are.
I think my ego was (is?) also full of air:)

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 23:40 #403766

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You’re human.
I know, because you have a warm heart, an understanding, warm smile, and the warmest look in your eyes. 
If you’re warm, it means you’re not dead.
And that means that you will have struggles, in one form or another, because that’s why we are here. 

I taste the keen edge and bitter flavor of your disappointment in learning the hard way that your humanity still includes this Nisayon. But you caught yourself, came right on here to talk about it, and feel how strongly it’s not what you want. That’s because you ARE the Rabbeinu Eerie we live and admire. You can find satisfaction in the fact that your accomplishments of the year are real. 
And if you are feeling disappointment that you know now, more than last week, that it’s worthwhile to stay vigilant- that’s not a good feeling. But when thinking it over- doesn’t it make you appreciate even more how far you’ve come? If it’s lurking,  deep in the background, and you’ve kept so far away from it for so long- that’s YOUR Avoda, with Siyata Dishmaya.
I think you can gain from this a greater appreciation for your special past and future accomplishments, Yedidi. 

Looking up admiringly with, 
Chaimoigen
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2023 08:21 by chaimoigen.

Re: It's all in the name 16 Nov 2023 23:57 #403767

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Reb Chaim, first of all, thank you for writing in a vocabulary I understand. Second of all, I'm beH not going to read your post again; I'm afraid it's gonna go to my (already bloated) head
seriously, thanks a million for always being there. Now I know that when I say to the guys "we are here for each other", it's really that way
Keep trucking, chevra!

Re: It's all in the name 17 Nov 2023 00:43 #403768

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If you are really worried about your ego, give yourself two smacks........  but then run to your wife for a hug......
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes