Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18366 Views

Re: It's all in the name 15 Aug 2023 21:05 #399885

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Traveling takes its toll. It lowers the strength we have to fight. 
Having time with less structure is no good. Terrible, actually.
My friends, there is good news too. Vacation is almost over:)
And all of us should learn from our friend, Eccentric Composer, and have a battle plan before our next vacay
Keep trucking! Ah, my dear friends, it is wonderful to be here!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 15 Aug 2023 21:24 #399886

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 25 Jul 2023 04:40:
Hi dear friends, friends who mean so much to me. There are a few things I wanted to share, but for now I'll just say one. I had the opportunity to shmooze with Heeling, and I was so blown away by his selflessness, by his putting his own needs and desires behind his wife's. I must say, he taught me so much. In every single day that we interact with our wives, I'm sure that there wants and plans and desires and schedules, and how often do I REALLY think to myself "my wife's need/desire/want/event etc is just as important as mine, and I should work on respecting her to the point that I should be mevater. I'm sorry to say that I'm not proud of my answer. But Heeling inspired me by sharing some of his story, and I began working on it. I have a long way to come, so I hope G-d will grant me many more years so I can get to the finish line before I go
Takeaway: Respect your wife's desires! For real, they are just as important as yours, and your job is to be mevater
Takeaway # 2: there is so much to learn from every person here. And I second HHM's nomination...

Humbling 
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: It's all in the name 16 Aug 2023 20:34 #399977

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Do we count a year based on the Jewish calendar? On the secular calendar? On the date, or the amount of days? T4, for those that know what that means....

Re: It's all in the name 16 Aug 2023 20:42 #399978

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov to Eerie for reaching a clean Jewish calendar year + 5 days!!!!!

Wow! that awesome!

(I dont know what T4 means...)
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: It's all in the name 17 Aug 2023 05:10 #400007

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 16 Aug 2023 20:34:
Do we count a year based on the Jewish calendar? On the secular calendar? On the date, or the amount of days? T4, for those that know what that means....

Mazal Tov, Heilige Chaver. 

וקוי ה יחליפו כח יעלו אבר כנשרים וגו 
keep climbing and soaring higher and higher and lifting everyone up along with you!! 

Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 17 Aug 2023 14:12 #400019

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder

!!!מזל טוב

May you celebrate many more clean years together with us and continue to be mezakeh es horabim.
When you will come up to shomayim (don't like to think about it...) you will discover that in fact you have more clean years that you ever lived, These will be all those days that you helped others to defeat their yetzer hara.
LECHAIM!!!! 

My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2023 14:13 by true_self.

Re: It's all in the name 18 Aug 2023 18:52 #400076

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Heeling wrote on 16 Aug 2023 20:42:
Mazel Tov to Eerie for reaching a clean Jewish calendar year + 5 days!!!!!

Wow! that awesome!

(I dont know what T4 means...)

It's hard to explain. Ask your local 6th grader...
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2023 18:52 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 18 Aug 2023 21:09 #400089

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I know what T4 means, but have not managed to figure out why in the world T4 means that....

Either way, you Harav Eerie shlita, my heilige Yedid, should IMYH keep on towing us all all behind your shining, lit up, beautiful MONSTER TOWTRUCK!!!!  
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 28 Aug 2023 20:57 #400559

• DeletedUser7982
  • Current streak: 83 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Reb Eerie, as you suggested to me yesterday, I just read your thread, the beginning, and some further back and forth....all I can say is, wow wow wow!!  please allow me to make a very belated [year later] comment, (and I know my comment here may be unnecessary to you at this point, you're probably waaay over this, a year later, and this goes back 79 PAGES!) I am amazed at the courage it took you to come here, and write about what brought you here, especially being in your position...I seems like in the beginning this was very very difficult for you! And many people wrote to you, that they would not lose one iota of respect for you. 

I second that! I would not only lose one iota of respect, it only increases my respect and admiration for you! You are as real as it gets!

A year ago, HHM wrote: You will b'ezras Hashem not only be fine, but probably you will end up assisting many others with this challenge as you extricate yourself from this mess. Hatzlocha.

​He was "eerily" on target.........

Re: It's all in the name 28 Aug 2023 21:28 #400560

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: It's all in the name 28 Aug 2023 21:36 #400561

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I've seen the Rosh Yeshiva Reb Chaim O. mention many times that reading the thread of The Gardner Of Grodno is very powerful. I have not read it myself, but I will start now, beH. Just did page 1...hey, they give us 90 days here, don't they?

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2023 22:34 #400815

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
A while ago there was a Vayimaen video where the speaker quoted his friend that shared an idea that helped him work on shmiras einayim in the street. He said he bought himself a clicker counter, and every time he walks in the street and looks away, he clicks. This helps him in a few ways. Number one, it keeps him cognizent and on guard. Number two, one of the primary forces of the YH is the negativity that we feel when we do the wrong thing. And here we keep feeling that it's an exercise in negativity, and clicking and tallying the wins helps shift the perspective to an exercise in positivity, as it keeps track of the wins. I have shared this thought with some of my dear friends here
I write this today because a dear friend here, who does not post much, told me a few days ago that this literally changed his life! He added that for him it works so well because it turned shemiras einayim into a competitive sport that he can win, how many clicks can I get today? He works in places where traveling always present challenges. and this one piece of advice ( which I suspect originally comes from a different friend that also hardly posts) changed it for him. And maybe it will do so for you too!
Clickers can be bought on Amazon. I make no commission.
www.amazon.com/s?k=manual+clicker+counter&crid=2NNZQRH3XN19P&sprefix=manual+clicker%2Caps%2C184&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_14
Last Edit: 03 Sep 2023 22:35 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2023 22:36 #400816

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 03 Sep 2023 22:34:
A while ago there was a Vayimaen video where the speaker quoted his friend that shared an idea that helped him work on shmiras einayim in the street. He said he bought himself a clicker counter, and every time he walks in the street and looks away, he clicks. This helps him in a few ways. Number one, it keeps him cognizent and on guard. Number two, one of the primary forces of the YH is the negativity that we feel when we do the wrong thing. And here we keep feeling that it's an exercise in negativity, and clicking and tallying the wins helps shift the perspective to an exercise in positivity, as it keeps track of the wins. I have shared this thought with some of my dear friends here
I write this today because a dear friend here, who does not post much, told me a few days ago that this literally changed his life! He added that for him it works so well because it turned shemiras einayim into a competitive sport that he can win, how many clicks can I get today? He works in places where traveling always present challenges. and this one piece of advice ( which I suspect originally comes from a different friend that also hardly posts) changed it for him. And maybe it will do so for you too!
Clickers can be bought on Amazon. I make no commission.
www.amazon.com/s?k=manual+clicker+counter&crid=2NNZQRH3XN19P&sprefix=manual+clicker%2Caps%2C184&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_14

Love it!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: It's all in the name 03 Sep 2023 22:54 #400817

• DeletedUser7982
  • Current streak: 83 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea, will checkout the link!

Your commission is of the spiritual kind;)

Re: It's all in the name 04 Sep 2023 02:11 #400822

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's the Vayimaen video
www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?v=219582
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes