Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18378 Views

Re: It's all in the name 24 Feb 2023 19:59 #392640

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just realized, all these heilige Yidden that are showing up lately, they don't even know who cordnoy is!!! How crazy is that! I'm sure there were other special and powerful people that posted before I came that I don't know about, but that they won't know him, that's nuts. I think we should start a petition that cordnoy should start posting again. Reb Geshmak!, you in? Get the oilam riled up!!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 26 Feb 2023 09:37 #392682

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder

Totally agree, Eerie. I really wish he would post again, it's such a shame. There's so much to learn from an old timer's perspective. It pierces right through the bluff straight to the point. I'm available to be mitztaref for hatoras nedorim, if necessary..

And you probably never met trouble. He also vanished into thin air from one post to the next some months ago. No farewell party or anything, as if we don't care that he's gone. Brilliantly camouflaged but always so much wisdom and honesty between the lines. If someone could bring him back as well, at least for adar…

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 11:35 #392737

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
You are bringing up a interesting point, but let me first share with you something I have learnt from Reb cordnoy many years ago.
Me and my wife are very very different, and by saying different I mean in many ways, halacha, hashkafa, money issues, cleanses intimacy and the list is long, so how come we still live together, but fight much less and we understand each other much more?
The answer is communication, this works in areas of life. By work, in shul and at home.
I would suggest you to contact him privately through a PM and have an open talk with him.
He is a nice guy who is here to help, and yes we need moderators to keep this platform safe.
More then once was my post deleted or modified by Gye and I am grateful for the system they built up.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 17:54 #392754

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 24 Feb 2023 19:59:
I just realized, all these heilige Yidden that are showing up lately, they don't even know who cordnoy is!!! How crazy is that! I'm sure there were other special and powerful people that posted before I came that I don't know about, but that they won't know him, that's nuts. I think we should start a petition that cordnoy should start posting again. Reb Geshmak!, you in? Get the oilam riled up!!

You make an interesting point.

If you look through the forum, over the years there have been many people who have come and gone. The forum itself has constantly evolved as well (there was a time when men and women shared one forum...).

What I noticed is that the active participants of the forum at any given time are what shape the style of the forum. The conversations happening on the forum today are different than a few years ago. So it may not actually make sense to have old timers chime in today...

If you really miss the oldies keep in mind that all the old forums are still accessible and you can go back and read them all.
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2023 18:00 by shmuel.

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 18:02 #392755

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmuel wrote on 27 Feb 2023 17:54:

Eerie wrote on 24 Feb 2023 19:59:

You make an interesting point.If you look through the forum, over the years there have been many people who have come and gone. The forum itself has constantly evolved as well (there was a time when men and women shared one forum...).What I noticed is that the active participants of the forum at any given time are what shape the style of the forum. The conversations happening on the forum today are different than a few years ago. So it may not actually make sense to have old timers chime in today...If you really miss the oldies keep in mind that all the old forums are still accessible and you can go back and read them all.

Great point. I can vouch that it's true because I actually started here in 2009 .. then took a break and came back in 2019 ... But the overall fact is that it's a good place that's really accomplishing great things!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 18:16 #392756

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
sleeepy wrote on 27 Feb 2023 05:29:

so let him him continue doing his great job as moderator  like tuliemod and menachemmod,and the others that i forgot at this moment .

Tuliemod?
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 19:28 #392761

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder

What I noticed is that the active participants of the forum at any given time are what shape the style of the forum. The conversations happening on the forum today are different than a few years ago. So it may not actually make sense to have old timers chime in today...

I don't understand why it doesn't make sense. Why can't the oldies also add their dimension to shape the style of the forum? I think it's necessary as well as they are more capable of giving some direction and clarity to a fresh starter. 

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 20:27 #392762

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iwillmanage wrote on 27 Feb 2023 19:28:

I don't understand why it doesn't make sense. Why can't the oldies also add their dimension to shape the style of the forum? I think it's necessary as well as they are more capable of giving some direction and clarity to a fresh starter. 

They most definitely can... I am just sharing my observations...
Last Edit: 27 Feb 2023 20:29 by shmuel.

Re: It's all in the name 27 Feb 2023 23:02 #392772

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
I miss R' Dov very much
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: It's all in the name 28 Feb 2023 00:00 #392779

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you,
I have his number and email, I was in touch with him years ago.
To be honest, if I will read all of his long posts I might get very sleeepy.

Re: It's all in the name 28 Feb 2023 21:01 #392837

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
sleeepy wrote on 27 Feb 2023 23:43:

doingtshuva wrote on 27 Feb 2023 23:02:
I miss R' Dov very much

i dont , his posts never really reverbrated  well with me. ashreicha if after reading his posts you became better in this battle! have you already read all of his posts?if not,get cracking! if you really miss him why dont you join dovs desparodos group? i even think theres a number that you can reach out to him. i can get it for you i youre interested.

I'm not an addict, but many of his posts have deep truths. Too harsh for many? Maybe. But unadulterated truth.
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: It's all in the name 01 Mar 2023 00:51 #392845

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
For anybody that remembers my gematria fiasco, today is the day. Go back and read that post. קץ שם לחושך, this heaven-sent place gave me the קץ. To all my friends and brothers, KEEP TRUCKING!

Re: It's all in the name 01 Mar 2023 06:12 #392857

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there all my holy friends and brothers! Today was day 190, I don't think I've been clean this long in 12 years. Today was an extremely stressful and painful day. I did have a fleeting thought for one second that maybe I should try to find something to watch, but I have made a firm and conscious decision some days ago to never ever go back there, that I don't want it. And my decision is for real.  It's just not an option. Hashem please help me for tomorrow too. And the day after. I know I can't do this without Your constant help. I can't do anything without Your help. I beg You please, stand by me and hold me tight so I never fall. Hold me strong so I may live my life the way You want me to, and accomplish all you want me to. There are many good-hearted people, who help me, help others. But I know. Hashem, at the end of the day this is between me and You. Only You can really help. Please give me the clarity to always understand what it is that You want me to do, and how I get there. And please Hashem, help me to never, ever become complacent, I really don't want to ever fall again! This way of living is much happier, healthier, and of course so much holier. Hashem, I choose You. Please choose me, too.
Last Edit: 01 Mar 2023 06:16 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 01 Mar 2023 09:52 #392859

• taherlibeinu
  • Current streak: 29 days
  • Expert Boarder
190 days.. really incredbile!! keep going and don't ever stop! what a beautiful tefilla, There is no doubt in my mind Hashem is listening and cheering you and all of us on!. iyH we should all see incredible Siyaata Dishmaya.. 

Re: It's all in the name 01 Mar 2023 11:35 #392862

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 01 Mar 2023 06:12:
Hi there all my holy friends and brothers! Today was day 190, I don't think I've been clean this long in 12 years. Today was an extremely stressful and painful day. I did have a fleeting thought for one second that maybe I should try to find something to watch, but I have made a firm and conscious decision some days ago to never ever go back there, that I don't want it. And my decision is for real.  It's just not an option. Hashem please help me for tomorrow too. And the day after. I know I can't do this without Your constant help. I can't do anything without Your help. I beg You please, stand by me and hold me tight so I never fall. Hold me strong so I may live my life the way You want me to, and accomplish all you want me to. There are many good-hearted people, who help me, help others. But I know. Hashem, at the end of the day this is between me and You. Only You can really help. Please give me the clarity to always understand what it is that You want me to do, and how I get there. And please Hashem, help me to never, ever become complacent, I really don't want to ever fall again! This way of living is much happier, healthier, and of course so much holier. Hashem, I choose You. Please choose me, too.

absolutely beautiful.  you are a treasure.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes