Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18369 Views

Re: It's all in the name 08 Dec 2022 18:40 #389163

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi to all of the people that make Hashem so proud! I'm so proud to 'know' you all and I'm touched that you have joined me on my journey towards freedom from P & M. Today marks two weeks since I opened up and posted, the first time I ever let it out of my own mind. I really can't believe what a difference it made to open up and talk, and I'd like to make a 'kitzur shulchan aruch' of what I've learned these past 2 weeks, what helped me so far and made a huge difference in my life.
1-Share!
This was my first literally life-changing point. The feeling of isolation, of not having someone connect to me in this struggle, I see now that it was choking me. The minute I posted what was hidden in my heart for the last 10+ years and saw people respond, the whole landscape changed. We need to have somebody hear us out, respond, show caring. So, SHARE! Which leads us to 
1a-Reach out to someone live!
No question that this was the most important and effective thing. The greatest game-changer. Before I posted I thought I would never have done it. It is excruciatingly painful, embarrassing, the works. I even wrote in my first post that I just can't talk to anyone about it. After I posted I realized that this is what I need. So I bit the bullet and I did it. It is so hard to just open up and tell somebody all the things you've done wrong, and they don't even know you and all your virtues, but it is worth anything in the world. After I did it I felt such a relief, like a release of tons of built up pressure. I also learned that it's not as hard as I thought it would be, because the person listening to me knows my struggles and accepts me, appreciates me, understands the effort it took to reach out, and respects me for that. To speak to someone is to have someone hear you out in a personal way, to listen to your hearts pain and struggles, and to offer tailor-made advice and direction. There is no one-size-fits-all for almost anything, and definitely not in this struggle. To have somebody talk to you, where you are holding, to hold your hand and lead you, ain't nothing that compares. And connecting to someone gives you
2- Accountability
Yes, signing up to GYE gives a certain amount of accountability, that's why I signed up in the first place, but it's all in my own heart and mind. How many people have I seen come and go in the last two weeks alone? But if we have someone that we can reach out to, someone that can reach out to us, it's something so much more real. Someone I can call that I'm having trouble with something, someone I can even call and tell that I fell. I know he'll still accept me, love me, respect me. And I know he'll help me stand up again. That creates real accountability.
3-STOP LOOKING DOWN AT MYSELF
I learned, from some of your responses and from talking to some of the special people that reached out, how wrongly I was looking at myself. As long as I'm looking at myself as a two-faced ganav, there is so little hope for me to fight the YH. Because I'm a loser anyway, I'm worthless anyway. I learned to work on looking at myself positively, seeing all the things I do right in my life, and even in this arena, the fact that I'm still fighting, see that all as reflecting positively on me. The YH will have a much harder time convincing a self-respecting dude to slip up
4-REASSESS ATTITUDE TOWARDS SEX
I'm working on changing my whole attitude towards the natural urge and desire for sexual expression. I learned that I can train myself to think differently about the whole thing, it is not a NEED, it is not a necessity, a thing my physical or emotional heath REQUIRES. It is a desire, nothing more. A strong desire, but nothing will happen to me if I deny myself that pleasure. I wrote about some of how I'm trying to retrain myself in the BB Forum. I also keep reminding myself from time to time, yes, it's enjoyable. Yes, I like it. Yes, I'm human. But I don't require it. Besides for the fact that thinking this way is so helpful in my struggles, it has also had an enormous impact on the dynamics of my marriage, in a most positive, constructive way. It's being married the way it was meant to be. Included in this is retrain my thought patterns about P, to realize that it's mamash poison to the human mind. The more I'll retrain my brain to think negatively about it, the greater my chances of not falling in there again. 
5-Avoid Confrontation
I learned that I have to see the test coming, and do my utmost to avoid it. I (or anybody) should not use unfiltered devices. Where it's absolutely necessary to use a dangerous device, do what I can to make sure I don't fall. Let somebody know that I'll be using it. (Forgive me if here I will go off on a tangent. A few weeks ago (before I joined the GYE family:)) I traveled, and I stayed in a hotel. It was not clear whether my wife would join me on the trip, and we had many conversations about whether she should come along with me or not. In the end she did. BH she did. When we were discussing it I did not tell her, but there's no question in my mind that if she would not have come I would have fallen, the question is only how far I would have fallen. I had nobody else nearby to create a deterrent of any kind. BH nothing happened, but that's because my wife was with me. Not everybody has a wife, and not always is the wife available to travel along, but we must think ahead. I should have just told her that that's what I need her for, but I was stupid, and found it beneath me to tell her I need a shmirah. But we all do need shmirah. And we have to do whatever we can to protect ourselves. Figure out how, ask for ideas, but protect yourself. I'm talking to myself here, but I think most people reading are probably similar to me)
Dear brothers, thank you for allowing me in to your beautiful family! Thank you for joining me on this incredible journey!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 08 Dec 2022 21:19 #389176

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 08 Dec 2022 18:40:
Hi to all of the people that make Hashem so proud! I'm so proud to 'know' you all and I'm touched that you have joined me on my journey towards freedom from P & M. Today marks two weeks since I opened up and posted, the first time I ever let it out of my own mind. I really can't believe what a difference it made to open up and talk, and I'd like to make a 'kitzur shulchan aruch' of what I've learned these past 2 weeks, what helped me so far and made a huge difference in my life.
1-Share!
This was my first literally life-changing point. The feeling of isolation, of not having someone connect to me in this struggle, I see now that it was choking me. The minute I posted what was hidden in my heart for the last 10+ years and saw people respond, the whole landscape changed. We need to have somebody hear us out, respond, show caring. So, SHARE! Which leads us to 
No question that this was the most important and effective thing. The greatest game-changer. Before I posted I thought I would never have done it. It is excruciatingly painful, embarrassing, the works. I even wrote in my first post that I just can't talk to anyone about it. After I posted I realized that this is what I need. So I bit the bullet and I did it. It is so hard to just open up and tell somebody all the things you've done wrong, and they don't even know you and all your virtues, but it is worth anything in the world. After I did it I felt such a relief, like a release of tons of built up pressure. I also learned that it's not as hard as I thought it would be, because the person listening to me knows my struggles and accepts me, appreciates me, understands the effort it took to reach out, and respects me for that. To speak to someone is to have someone hear you out in a personal way, to listen to your hearts pain and struggles, and to offer tailor-made advice and direction. There is no one-size-fits-all for almost anything, and definitely not in this struggle. To have somebody talk to you, where you are holding, to hold your hand and lead you, ain't nothing that compares. And connecting to someone gives you
2- Accountability
Yes, signing up to GYE gives a certain amount of accountability, that's why I signed up in the first place, but it's all in my own heart and mind. How many people have I seen come and go in the last two weeks alone? But if we have someone that we can reach out to, someone that can reach out to us, it's something so much more real. Someone I can call that I'm having trouble with something, someone I can even call and tell that I fell. I know he'll still accept me, love me, respect me. And I know he'll help me stand up again. That creates real accountability.
3-STOP LOOKING DOWN AT MYSELF
I learned, from some of your responses and from talking to some of the special people that reached out, how wrongly I was looking at myself. As long as I'm looking at myself as a two-faced ganav, there is so little hope for me to fight the YH. Because I'm a loser anyway, I'm worthless anyway. I learned to work on looking at myself positively, seeing all the things I do right in my life, and even in this arena, the fact that I'm still fighting, see that all as reflecting positively on me. The YH will have a much harder time convincing a self-respecting dude to slip up
I'm working on changing my whole attitude towards the natural urge and desire for sexual expression. I learned that I can train myself to think differently about the whole thing, it is not a NEED, it is not a necessity, a thing my physical or emotional heath REQUIRES. It is a desire, nothing more. A strong desire, but nothing will happen to me if I deny myself that pleasure. I wrote about some of how I'm trying to retrain myself in the BB Forum. I also keep reminding myself from time to time, yes, it's enjoyable. Yes, I like it. Yes, I'm human. But I don't require it. Besides for the fact that thinking this way is so helpful in my struggles, it has also had an enormous impact on the dynamics of my marriage, in a most positive, constructive way. It's being married the way it was meant to be. Included in this is retrain my thought patterns about P, to realize that it's mamash poison to the human mind. The more I'll retrain my brain to think negatively about it, the greater my chances of not falling in there again. 
5-Avoid Confrontation
I learned that I have to see the test coming, and do my utmost to avoid it. I (or anybody) should not use unfiltered devices. Where it's absolutely necessary to use a dangerous device, do what I can to make sure I don't fall. Let somebody know that I'll be using it. (Forgive me if here I will go off on a tangent. A few weeks ago (before I joined the GYE family:)) I traveled, and I stayed in a hotel. It was not clear whether my wife would join me on the trip, and we had many conversations about whether she should come along with me or not. In the end she did. BH she did. When we were discussing it I did not tell her, but there's no question in my mind that if she would not have come I would have fallen, the question is only how far I would have fallen. I had nobody else nearby to create a deterrent of any kind. BH nothing happened, but that's because my wife was with me. Not everybody has a wife, and not always is the wife available to travel along, but we must think ahead. I should have just told her that that's what I need her for, but I was stupid, and found it beneath me to tell her I need a shmirah. But we all do need shmirah. And we have to do whatever we can to protect ourselves. Figure out how, ask for ideas, but protect yourself. I'm talking to myself here, but I think most people reading are probably similar to me)
Dear brothers, thank you for allowing me in to your beautiful family! Thank you for joining me on this incredible journey!

You are so inspiring. I cant express how inspiring you are. Just thank you.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: It's all in the name 08 Dec 2022 21:24 #389177

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder

This is the exact beautiful message we can hear about a healthy attitude towards sex. This is the exact kind of message I was talking about, when i said we need to hear from our BBs to reprogram our brains. Honesty. Balance. We have desire. Yes it is enjoyable. No we don't need it. Your growing in your connection to your wife- physically, emotionally.  Pure Emes.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2022 21:25 by human being.

Re: It's all in the name 09 Dec 2022 11:48 #389203

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
No question that this was the most important and effective thing. The greatest game-changer. Before I posted I thought I would never have done it. It is excruciatingly painful, embarrassing, the works. I even wrote in my first post that I just can't talk to anyone about it. After I posted I realized that this is what I need. So I bit the bullet and I did it. It is so hard to just open up and tell somebody all the things you've done wrong, and they don't even know you and all your virtues, but it is worth anything in the world. After I did it I felt such a relief, like a release of tons of built up pressure. I also learned that it's not as hard as I thought it would be, because the person listening to me knows my struggles and accepts me, appreciates me, understands the effort it took to reach out, and respects me for that. To speak to someone is to have someone hear you out in a personal way, to listen to your hearts pain and struggles, and to offer tailor-made advice and direction. There is no one-size-fits-all for almost anything, and definitely not in this struggle. To have somebody talk to you, where you are holding, to hold your hand and lead you, ain't nothing that compares. 

For me personally, when I opened up to a safe person who already knew "the normal side of me", it brought the recovery to a whole new level. The knowledge that I can have the struggle accepted as just another part of me, the real and whole me, brought the 2 lives together.(I believe @Dov calls this the Captain Kirk Moment.)  It took some time until I was ready for such a step, and it also took time to identify a safe person a. someone I could trust to keep the information private. b. someone who I wouldn't be ruining by opening up to. (I believe beyond oversharing there can also be overburdening on someone else sometimes)
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: It's all in the name 09 Dec 2022 16:16 #389209

Forgive me if here I will go off on a tangent. A few weeks ago (before I joined the GYE family:)) I traveled, and I stayed in a hotel. It was not clear whether my wife would join me on the trip, and we had many conversations about whether she should come along with me or not. In the end she did. BH she did. When we were discussing it I did not tell her, but there's no question in my mind that if she would not have come I would have fallen, the question is only how far I would have fallen. I had nobody else nearby to create a deterrent of any kind. BH nothing happened, but that's because my wife was with me. Not everybody has a wife, and not always is the wife available to travel along, but we must think ahead. I should have just told her that that's what I need her for, but I was stupid, and found it beneath me to tell her I need a shmirah. But we all do need shmirah. And we have to do whatever we can to protect ourselves. Figure out how, ask for ideas, but protect yourself. I'm talking to myself here, but I think most people reading are probably similar to me)
I'd be careful about asking ones wife to be their shomer in such a situation. Women dont understand this type of struggle. Especially if she doesn't know about ones struggles. Shell think that's kinda odd that her husband has so little self control.

My wife till today doesn't really understand why I'm so "fanatic" about being careful with the internet. I try and not involve her with it. This is my thing I need to do as a a man. Whenever I tried to explain to her the struggle of men looking at women I think it just made her think we're all little disgusting. 

Telling ones wife about their struggles has been discussed in threads on Baal habatim forum. עיין שם
Continued Hatzlacha and thanks for all the thoughts and chizuk you're sharing with us!

Re: It's all in the name 09 Dec 2022 18:49 #389217

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm totally maskim, JTJ! You write so clearly and sensibly, keep posting your insights, my friend! If a person is ready to reach out to someone who knows them, the "normal side" as you call it, there's no question that someone who knows you well and understands the issues you are facing will be the best person to help you forward. For me it was a little different. First of all, I'm not ready to reach out to someone that knows me. The anonymity is what allowed me to feel comfortable enough to call. It's definitely the best way to reach out to someone you know, I just couldn't yet. Second of all, I don't know if any of my rebbeim can help me as well as HHM did, being that I doubt that they are as well-versed with the issues I face.
I feel it important to mention a point, I felt at first that when reaching out to someone who doesn't know me they'll see me only through my struggles and falls. They don't know the whole me, only the things I've done wrong, and that doesn't feel very good. I still called, because I felt it was the right thing to do and the move that would hopefully help me, but I still had that feeling that it was really uncomfortable to have someone that only sees your weaknesses. But that feeling soon went away, because the type of people that are helpful are the ones that feel your pulse, they show caring, and those types of people, they understand that you are a lot larger than just this struggle. They connect with hartz and they connect on your turf.  And, of course, they are really helpful in clarifying what yes and what not, and what's the proper way forward. I'll just say that even though I never met him, I feel like I gained a new real best friend, who truly cares, accepts and respects me. 
Last Edit: 11 Dec 2022 05:25 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 09 Dec 2022 20:08 #389218

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Chizuk taryag! I'm totally with you on that one. Every wife is different and every relationship is different. What we share with our wives needs good judgment (like everything else, BTW!). It happens to be that even though my wife knows nothing of my falls in this area, nor does she know that I joined your family, however there were things that I shared with her and I only got respect for them. For example, there was a time (before I had a job)  that I did not use a computer unless somebody was in the room with me, and my wife understood me, and she was often that person. On the other hand, if I were to show her just this thread and tell her it was me, eh, I'd rather not think about it. I personally would not share anything about my falls in this area without speaking to my rebbe first.
But what is the same about all of us is that we ALL NEED SHMIRAH. We have to honest with ourselves and be vigilant, knowing which situations bring on tests. Make sure you don't become a testing ground. how we get that protection, how do we avoid the test, in that we may all be different. But we must remain vigilant and see the YH coming. Have a wonderful Shabbos my friend!

Re: It's all in the name 10 Dec 2022 17:11 #389220

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 09 Dec 2022 18:49:
I'm totally maskim, JTJ! You write so clearly and sensibly, keep posting your insights, my friend! If a person is ready to reach out to someone who knows them, the "normal side" as you call it, there's no question that someone who knows you well and understands the issues you are facing will be the best person to help you forward. For me it was a little different. First of all, I'm not ready to reach out to someone that knows me. The anonymity is what allowed me to feel comfortable enough to call. It's definitely the best way to reach out to someone you know, I just couldn't yet. Second of all, I don't know if any of my rebbeim can help me as well as HHM did, being that I doubt that they are as well-versed with the issues I face. I feel it important to mention, I felt at first that when reaching out to someone who doesn't know me they'll see me only through my struggles and falls. They don't know the whole me, only the things I've done wrong, and that doesn't feel very good. But that soon went away, because the type of people that are helpful are the ones that feel your pulse, they show caring, they understand that you are a lot larger than just this struggle. They connect with hartz and they connect on your turf.  And they are really helpful in clarifying what yes and what not, and what's the proper way forward. I'll just say that even though I never met him, I feel like I gained a new real best friend(really, rebbe:))

Talking to anyone who knows you is a huuuge step, and not necessarily the one that will bring results in the right direction for everyone. I would just say that even though the Rebbi I opened up to wasn't the most well versed in this inyan, the impact of the knowledge that someone could know the truth and still not follow me around with a big sign screaming RASHA UMUSHCHIS was big.
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com

Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: It's all in the name 11 Dec 2022 00:28 #389229

Ashrecha she is supportive of your being as careful as we as men need to be. Continued Hatzlacha 

Re: It's all in the name 11 Dec 2022 03:40 #389246

• emes-a-yid
  • Current streak: 235 days
  • Gold Boarder
Eerie wrote on 24 Nov 2022 19:25:
Hi there all my anonymous friends!
I am on here for a while, most of the time just to sign in and update where I'm holding, but from time to time I do read around some posts on the forums, and I am really at a loss of words when I try to describe what I think about all of you. I'm simply awed into silence. You guys are all amazing, fighting the terrible urges, sometimes in such difficult circumstances, from complicated pasts, I stand humbled. I am so proud to at least be part of the same nation, even if I don't come close. Keep up the fight and may Hashem be with all  of you and may you feel his closeness.
And now, Hi! I gave myself the name eerie because that's what I think about my situation. I am blissfully married to a really special person,(which, I learned from the posts on this site, is not to be taken for granted. It's something that so many of my dear friends here struggle with, their addictions creating issues in their marriage and the problems in their marriage further exacerbating their addictions) and we have seven wonderful kids. I really cannot imagine a better marriage, we respect each other, love each other, communicate beautifully, and my intimate life is wonderful. I believe my wife would say the same.  I am a seriously respected member of my community, I am in a position of chinuch (and I think I do a pretty good job:)), so why oh why on earth am I here? What would the people think if they knew? Would I still have a wife? Would they let me talk to my kids? At that point would I even care about my job or my life's mission? I BH had a wonderful upbringing, loving and caring parents who are very proud of their "successful kli kodesh" son. What would they think if they knew? These thoughts were on my mind as I created my account and the feeling I had was "This is eerie. A mechanech. A talmid chacham. Sought after maggid shiur. This is totally eerie." So there you have it. It's all in the name.
A little about me. I think many of you would disagree but I don't think I'm addicted to P&M. I have normal urges like all healthy people. I have no smartphone (if you would only hear me speak about the downfalls), no computer at home. So where and when do/did I fall? I called a talk line by mistake, I was trying to reach a company. I was horrified. I hung up and told my wife about it. But, of course, my curiosity  plus urge  got me to call. This was probably 10+ years ago, called maybe 10 times total. Can't remember the last time I did that. Then my wife got a smartphone, and we blocked the browser entirely through parental controls, with each of us having half the code. Of course, when I was down I tried a few times and of course I figured out her half. Here and there I would go on really bad sites. Not long thereafter we got rid of that phone. That was also 10+ years ago/ But every once in a while I fall. I once found that one computer in the Yeshiva (!!!!) where I work had no filter. You read that right.. No filter, in the yeshiva computer! I would estimate that once in 2-3 months I went on really bad stuff there. One day I just realized that I need accountability, so I came to GYE. I know I have to answer to someone, I'm going to write it if I fall, and that helps me.
Now you might wonder, what am I writing this for? I am writing it first of all because I feel a kinship and I feel likes it's "therapeutic" to tell my story someplace. Because even the people that I really trust, I can't tell them any of this. I sometimes wish there was an anonymous phone line where I could call and tell a Rav what I struggle with, to get it out of my system. When I was bachur I was really close to my rebbeim, and I shared with them even my deepest secrets and struggles, I would tell my Rebbe if I M'd. BH I didn't stuggle with that much, but I did do it a few times in my bachurishe years, and my rebbe knew/knows about it. Maybe I'm weird that I shared that with my rebbe, but that's me. If I felt an attraction to a bachur I told him, and he understood me, always helped me, never judged me. There's no question that having such a person in my life changed me in unimaginable ways.  Alas, I don't think I'll ever have the nerve to go to anyone and discuss my normal struggles and mistakes at this point. What would a rav or even my rebbe, whom I am still very close to 20+ years later, think if a person in my position came and said "I struggle with this. Once in a while I can fall into watching P." I can't do that, so I'm saying it here. I'm a healthy person with normal urges and desires and it can happen that I fall sometimes. I try to avoid unfiltered machines, when I'm at my parents' house I don't touch their devices,  I told them to never let my kids touch their things and I warn my children to stay away, not even to look at Grandma's phone. But I know that every once in a while I'll find a device, and my urges, desires and curiosity (yes, I am still curious as to what some tags on some sites are supposed to mean. Curiosity is powerful.) can get the better of me. I joined GYE so I have to give an accounting, and I even had a fall since I joined, which I reported. I have a life's story, like everyone else, and here I shared some. Maybe some more another time.

But another reason I write this is because I look at what other people have written here, and I realize how small I am. I, the guy who sits up front at dinners, the guy whom you may have even heard at a dinner or some other place, I look at you in awe. Because I am not torn to shreds like some of you are, I have a happy marriage, and so many of you are working so hard to just keep the pieces in place. You are brutally honest with yourselves, and in spite of being in places I have only read about, doing things out there....in spite of that you are here, trying mightily to get only closer to Hashem, to be good, to be clean. I also struggle, but nowhere nearly as much as most of the people here. And I wish I could shake your hand and tell you how proud I am of you. I am so proud, and I know that I can't imagine how proud Hashem is. Keep it up!!! In this world I'm at the head table at the dinner, but believe me, at the se'udas livyason you guys will be up there, I hope I'll at least be in the crowd

Always great ti hear back the story, chazak!!
To my dear friend reading this:
You are an incredible yid for just being on this site, I am breath taken after each post or new person that comes on and shares a bit about himself, keep it up. You guys are mamash matzlichim in your own ways of growth and Hashem is proud of each one of you! (that includes me too) lol.

KEEP UP YOUR TREMENDOUS UPLIFTING IN THE AVODAH OF EMES!!

Thanks for reading! Stay shtark, I am also being challenged, just build your confidence, never quit no matter what, you are your strongest enemy and yet you are your strongest savior so you choose, I am not saying it's easy but am saying it's possible just takes effort and work!!
-from Emes-A-Yid

Re: It's all in the name 11 Dec 2022 05:16 #389258

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. JTJ, I'm impressed. I really don't think I am anywhere near that yet, (and I don't know if I would do it in the future, obviously I would only tell my rebbe if I had a specific thing I hoped to accomplish by doing so), I am really impressed that you reached out to someone that knew you well. Keep up the shteiging and keep sharing!

Re: It's all in the name 12 Dec 2022 18:03 #389322

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi There all my inspiring friends, GYE family of mine! On most regular days I am in places that I am BH not bombarded with indecent pictures, posters, billboards, etc., but it does happen from time to time that I do have to go to such places. This Friday I had to go to a place that wherever I turned there was another pritzusdig woman or sign, and it really bothered me to be exposed to all this, and it triggers the base urge, but at the same time I realized that for the last long while my senses were dulled and these things hadn't bothered me. Which made me question, on the one hand of course I'm happy to be working on myself to be careful with what I see, and the fact that I was sensitive to what I was seeing made me happy, as I see it as an indication of my growth. On the other hand, actively working on guarding my eyes has made me cognizant of what goes around me, and now all those things trigger a reaction on my part, which makes it all the more difficult to be careful, and feeling the urges inside are not something I enjoy feeling. I imagine that anybody that traveled down this path had this issue, I don't know if there's much to do, because of course we have to guard our eyes, but it's always geshmak to air my thoughts.
Last Edit: 12 Dec 2022 18:04 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 12 Dec 2022 18:45 #389326

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I wrote a little update on my thread in the BB forum
guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/388715-honest-conversation-with-my-wife#389324
Keep trucking, dear friends! and don't forget to post what you are up to​

Re: It's all in the name 12 Dec 2022 21:06 #389332

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 12 Dec 2022 18:03:
Hi There all my inspiring friends, GYE family of mine! On most regular days I am in places that I am BH not bombarded with indecent pictures, posters, billboards, etc., but it does happen from time to time that I do have to go to such places. This Friday I had to go to a place that wherever I turned there was another pritzusdig woman or sign, and it really bothered me to be exposed to all this, and it triggers the base urge, but at the same time I realized that for the last long while my senses were dulled and these things hadn't bothered me. Which made me question, on the one hand of course I'm happy to be working on myself to be careful with what I see, and the fact that I was sensitive to what I was seeing made me happy, as I see it as an indication of my growth. On the other hand, actively working on guarding my eyes has made me cognizant of what goes around me, and now all those things trigger a reaction on my part, which makes it all the more difficult to be careful, and feeling the urges inside are not something I enjoy feeling. I imagine that anybody that traveled down this path had this issue, I don't know if there's much to do, because of course we have to guard our eyes, but it's always geshmak to air my thoughts.

Many have expressed similar sentiments.  I wrote about it a couple of times on my thread.
 Try to remember the opportunity for greatness that is presented each time you reject these urges.  in addition it is brought down from the meiras aynaim (I think that’s the name) that after rejecting these urges is an auspicious time for Tefila….
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: It's all in the name 12 Dec 2022 21:14 #389334

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Vehkam wrote on 12 Dec 2022 21:06:

Eerie wrote on 12 Dec 2022 18:03:

Many have expressed similar sentiments.  I wrote about it a couple of times on my thread.
 Try to remember the opportunity for greatness that is presented each time you reject these urges.  in addition it is brought down from the meiras aynaim (I think that’s the name) that after rejecting these urges is an auspicious time for Tefila….

When I was starting off, (within the first 3 months) I also started noticing things on the street more. I eventually came to realize that since I'd been objectifying every woman beofre, I was still subconsciously starting the process, noticing the urge beginning, and then fighting it or moving on from it. Therefore, combined with the fact that my brain was still looking for the fix, I was noticing the objectification I was doing on the street. But the longer I was clean and the more I worked on it, the better both issues got as well.
Off the forum for now.
jackthejewgye@gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.86 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes