Welcome, Guest

My Story, Being Honest For Once
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My Story, Being Honest For Once 23724 Views

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 30 Oct 2022 17:34 #386977

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! Just wow!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 30 Oct 2022 17:43 #386979

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! I’m speechless…….
you are an absolutely amazing YID! You are what Hashem wants from this generation! Never did we have such temptations at our disposal all day and night, never did we need such Gvura Dikdusha to be able to stay holy! 
the last stop in this long Gulous is the utter depths of the lowly earth called the 50th gate of Tuma….. a place where Hashem didn’t trust any other generations to approach even angels are afraid to touch such a low place, only US in this generation are entrusted with this monumental task to cleaning up and finding the Precious stones send gems hidden here. Our reward will be forever for every second we didn’t give in and found Hashem instead! 
keep op the amazing works! You are giving us all hope!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 30 Oct 2022 19:22 #386984

chancy wrote on 30 Oct 2022 17:43:
Wow! I’m speechless…….
you are an absolutely amazing YID! You are what Hashem wants from this generation! Never did we have such temptations at our disposal all day and night, never did we need such Gvura Dikdusha to be able to stay holy! 
the last stop in this long Gulous is the utter depths of the lowly earth called the 50th gate of Tuma….. a place where Hashem didn’t trust any other generations to approach even angels are afraid to touch such a low place, only US in this generation are entrusted with this monumental task to cleaning up and finding the Precious stones send gems hidden here. Our reward will be forever for every second we didn’t give in and found Hashem instead! 
keep op the amazing works! You are giving us all hope!

Thank you for the chizuk chevreh. 

I wanted to somehow incorporate what I'm about to write & appreciate the opening to do so - I was listening to a shiur by Rav Ephraim Wachsman last week and he said over the following story: 

"Reb Moishele Metzanbur shared with his brother in law after walking through the bad part of town that the davening he had after passing through the area of nisayon and successfully guarding his eyes was one of the most powerful and uplifting tefilot he had ever experienced. His brother in law told him a big yesod: in such places there are treasure troves of nitzotzot - sparks of kedusha that have been dropped by those who did not guard themselves and who have commited averot in that area. When someone comes through who guards himself and is a kadosh, then he picks up all of the treasure troves of nitzotzot that have been dropped by others and that is why your tefillah was so special."
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 02 Nov 2022 19:45 #387163

BIG WIN TODAY!!!

Was stuck in traffic next to a public elementary school and all the young mothers dressed quite "relaxed" were walking their kids home. ept my eyes on the car in front of me once I started noticing the women walking by. 

How are leggings considered appropriate? It's literally long skin tight underwear. 

Food for thought - we love having guests for Shabbat and make sure to invite guests who will enhance the Shabbat atmosphere in our home and will be a positive influence around our kids. I try to not observe the shape of the wives who come over but some are quite... shapely... so even when modestly dressed you can get a gist of what's going on. I think a modestly dressed frum woman is much more tasteful and appealing than a half naked lady with leggings. Any suggestions on how to handle this pull?
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 02 Nov 2022 20:02 #387164

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 02 Nov 2022 19:45:
BIG WIN TODAY!!!

Was stuck in traffic next to a public elementary school and all the young mothers dressed quite "relaxed" were walking their kids home. ept my eyes on the car in front of me once I started noticing the women walking by. 

How are leggings considered appropriate? It's literally long skin tight underwear. 

Food for thought - we love having guests for Shabbat and make sure to invite guests who will enhance the Shabbat atmosphere in our home and will be a positive influence around our kids. I try to not observe the shape of the wives who come over but some are quite... shapely... so even when modestly dressed you can get a gist of what's going on. I think a modestly dressed frum woman is much more tasteful and appealing than a half naked lady with leggings. Any suggestions on how to handle this pull?

congratulations on your win.

with regard to shabbos, try to work on moving on from those thoughts by focusing on other things that will keep your mind occupied.  If you can't do that you may have to rethink some of these guests..... As you protect the kedusha of your mind more and more, it should be easier to learn to redirect your thoughts even if you happen to notice a body shape...
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 02 Nov 2022 20:24 #387167

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 02 Nov 2022 19:45:
BIG WIN TODAY!!!

Having guests for Shabbat is a great mitzva, however that does not mean we are allowed to put ourselves into a nisayon.  Someone i know was once all fired up about kiruv rechokim and asked Rav Pam zatzal what to do if he has difficulty with immodest guests that he wanted to invite for Shabbat. He answered that he should not invite them for Shabbat and rather contribute financially for someone else that is not affected to have them for the Shabbat meal.  Everyone's nisayon is different. If you are aroused by frum women dressing with the styles of today (which is an extremely common heard trigger here), then reexamine if you should be hosting such guests. And maybe there are strategies to still be able to invite without "awakening the lion". Seating arrangements can possibly make a difference. May Hashem help you figure out a solution.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 17:22 #387214

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I have the same feelings. When i was in eretz yisroel/israel i had a way harder time with shmiras eynayim in geula then in the shuk.
I think most people feel the same way if we are being honest, hit that thank you if you agree to this.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 17:56 #387217

Started exercising every day and my upper back is all tight and knotted up. Have such a taava to get a massage for the sake of an actual massage.... just put bengay on the sore muscles and will not allow myself to go to any such place. 

Blah
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2022 17:57 by ilovehashem247.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 18:21 #387218

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 03 Nov 2022 17:56:
Started exercising every day and my upper back is all tight and knotted up. Have such a taava to get a massage for the sake of an actual massage.... just put bengay on the sore muscles and will not allow myself to go to any such place. 

Blah

So glad you said no to that. Proud of you!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 18:22 #387219

Teshuvahguy wrote on 03 Nov 2022 18:21:

Blah

So glad you said no to that. Proud of you!

Edit: "SAYING" no. As in current. BH This day will be another win... about to have lunch with my wife hopefully that can help

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 18:31 #387220

• teshuvahguy
  • Platinum Boarder
@Ilovehashem247, keep on “saying” it. We want you to have another big win! Seeing other people succeed seems to help me succeed so keep it up, bud!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 22:56 #387230

Hey guys, I won! 

also took some advil  

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Nov 2022 23:18 #387232

• teshuvahguy
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 03 Nov 2022 22:56:
Hey guys, I won! 

also took some advil  

I never doubted. So happy you passed this test! Every success makes us stronger. 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Nov 2022 01:59 #387245

currently working on cleaning up the house for early shabbat prep to avoid pre shabbat [wife] anxiety as per HHM's advice. This is week # 2 of doing so - last week was a success, BH this one will be as well. 

Back still hurts, probably not gonna work out tomorrow. 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Nov 2022 02:13 #387246

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Blah

These are the big wins!  Don’t forget to celebrate.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes