Welcome, Guest

My Story, Being Honest For Once
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My Story, Being Honest For Once 27021 Views

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 10 Oct 2024 17:15 #423087

I am going to my parents for the first half of Yom Tov, and plan on sitting with my mother to ask her what happened and to have a conversation about this molestation parsha....

scared of what might come up. 

The truth is hidden from me, and I suspect that this trauma is what kicked off my addiction(s). I've come to realize that addiction (at least for me), is my mind's way of not facing life - especially when it comes to traumatic topics. 

I'm in a headspace where I am ready to face my trauma and work through it... I have no idea what I am opening the door to but I do know that in order to heal, the best way forward is through. 

Please daven for me to have strength and clarity. 
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m grateful for having to focus just on today. 
Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 11 Oct 2024 04:44 #423116

Wow you really went through a lot.
here I was thinking I'd been through difficult circumstances, while there are people out there with stories like yours- cults, abuse...
Not that this is comforting to you in any measure- but you should know that I get chizuk from hearing how others have managed to bridge a crevasse of seemingly unsurmountable circumstances-seemingly much larger than mine.
If you could do it, i certainly should be able to as well.
continued Hatzlocha in the battles, and may we win the war.
Gmar Chasima Tova

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 11 Oct 2024 18:36 #423179

reflecting back on the past two years, i am glad to recognize that i do not hate myself any more
I am a good person
great husband
loving father
humble son
kind friend
honest seller
respectful buyer
I have other parts of me too, but I best not forget those parts of me that are lovely
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2024 18:37 by ilovehashem247.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 14 Oct 2024 23:24 #423313

Reposting with edits, hopefully not too triggering: 

post 1 from a week or two ago: 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

post two originally written last night:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I tried to keep it ambiguous and non triggering, while still clarifying thoughts and feelings. Please let me know if you think I should make any further edits, thanks. 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 15 Oct 2024 23:12 #423413

My father has been helping me to pay for therapy. I asked him to send a payment today, and he asked me to "please try and resolve the issue by the end of this year." 
LOL!
If only he knew...

I wanted to say back, "try to talk to your teenage kids about sex and puberty and healthy boundaries, instead of handing them a book and walking away" but that wouldn't have done good for anyone.

He has no clue!

The only person I can fix is me. 

Every [sponsored] dollar that goes toward therapy is a free gift

Thank you Hashem for the opportunity to grow through action and also through inaction. 
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes