Welcome, Guest

My Story, Being Honest For Once
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My Story, Being Honest For Once 23747 Views

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 18 Dec 2022 03:47 #389580

First day of chanukah is 90 days clean from massage parlors

not sure how to celebrate other than continue to revel in the glorious new life I have discovered
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 18 Dec 2022 05:35 #389592

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 18 Dec 2022 03:47:

not sure how to celebrate other than continue to revel in the glorious new life I have discovered

Dance!  When you light the menorah and sing the relevant songs don’t forget to have your victories in mind.  Mazel tov!
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 18 Dec 2022 12:21 #389602

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Come on over and i will give you a geshmak kosher massage!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 18 Dec 2022 21:36 #389615

day 89
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 01:39 #389621

• ytw
  • Current streak: 644 days
  • Senior Boarder

wowowow, I'm so happy for you.
YES! I AM A PROUD SPIRITUAL CANARY!!!
a must listen for each and every addict.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?v=181779
feel free to comment on this lecture here.

Watch the daily Vayemaen videos here.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 03:00 #389628

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m so happy for you. Revel as much as you want and keep the positivity going!!

TG

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 03:15 #389629

So I am still suffering great anguish from the situation last Shabbat when a very chashuv individual embarrassed me in public… 

trying to resolve the situation but my Rav is unreachable (out of the country)

the chashuv person sent messengers to check on where I disappeared to and made a halfhearted effort himself which I tried following up on today and it didn’t go anywhere

im not a bad person and hate machloket

i do not understand why Hashem is putting me through this test

the pain and suffering of holding my tongue and trying to avoid machloket and Lashon Hara is so powerfully hurtful that the combined pain of the past week is even worse than the initial encounter 

what lesson is Hashem trying to reach me? I’m in so much emotional pain…

on the other hand, my wife told me today that she feels true shalom now for the first time in our marriage…

in pain, hurt, and confused… yet hopeful for something? 

something like this once happened to my wife and she met me right after, but I’m already married and want to spend the rest of my life with her so what am I even lacking? I’m lacking nothing! 

so what’s the point of this test? 

ouch…

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 03:32 #389632

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe the point of the test is the amazing example you are setting for all the people reading how you are avoiding loshon hara and machloket despite the intense stress and pain it is causing you. That is heroic behavior and middos. You inspired me. I’m sorry for your pain but I am bursting with pride for your self control in a painful situation. And the shalom your wife expressed? For the FIRST TIME IN YOUR MARRIAGE…that’s platinum, my friend. You are winning left and right and inspiring others. 

TG

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 04:08 #389635

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel your pain brother!!
H should help this whole situation should end easily and good bekuriv!
just want to post a joke I read from r’fishel shachter… basically a guy comes up to the next world and they tell him your record is not so clean u need to go through some gehinnom to get your gan Eden, but will give u a choice you can pick to go to the litvishe one or the chassidishe one.
he asks what’s the litvishe one? They tell him 120 degrees and goes from Monday to Thursday.
and the chassidishe one?
180 degrees and starts Sunday morning.
He says I want to go to the chassidishe one.
they ask why???
he replied-because by the chasdim 180 is not 180 and Sunday morning is not Sunday morning ether….
now all jokes aside he says a powerful story of a chusid that came to the slonimer rebba in a dream and said that gehinnom is no laughing matter.
so the rebbe asked so what’s the etzah??
he replied I can’t reveal much but I can say that there are two groups of people: one- people that even in their most trying moments accepted that was going on in their lives was hasshgachah.as tough as their situation was they still were not shaken from their belief that nothing happens by chance.
and the other is the individuals who when things were going well in their lives never lost sight that each day is a separate gift from H and whatever brachah they have could be recalled in a flash.
FOR THOSE TWO GROUPS REGARDLESS OF WHAT GEHINNOM IS ASSIGNED TO THEM YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MALACH WILLING TO TAKE THEM THERE!!!
I find this story so powerful and it’s so important to remember in every situation… keep it up buddy,you are so inspiring!!!!

btw how’d you celebrate?? Did you go over to Hhm to get a message and does he do a good job?? I have to know if it’s worth to get to day 90…
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2022 04:21 by geshmak!.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 04:27 #389637

Ty for the chizuk geshmak!

Going to celebrate with mikveh night on day 91 BH

no strings attached

but I did tell my wife I could use a nice half hour massage

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 04:32 #389640

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 19 Dec 2022 04:27:

no strings attached

Lol! Enjoy!!!
H’ loves you!!!!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 04:35 #389642

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
iLoveHashem247 wrote on 19 Dec 2022 04:27:

no strings attached

Quite appropriate I would say, as long as your not 'kosher lustin' as the celebration.  :-) I'm sure your wife will notice how much you changed. Good for you! I'm happy for you.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 04:43 #389646

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Btw did the olim chap the joke??
like I was on the floor when I read it… but you gotta know chasdim to get the joke.
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 07:24 #389668

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all I’m not sure if someone embarrassing you in public can be called a “chashuve person”
2nd why it’s happening ,I don’t know why G-D does what he does,but  I wonder if this has to do with the fact that you interrupted the plans of a very powerful Malach and perhaps he is trying to push back and give you emotional stress and cause you to slip up. You have done incredible work here and  we hope to continue to hear good things . 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 19 Dec 2022 14:00 #389675

Ty for the perspective

Day 90! 
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes