Welcome, Guest

I'm not going to give up
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm not going to give up 196 Views

I'm not going to give up 23 May 2022 18:19 #381106

• danger324
  • Fresh Boarder
I try not to... but this is impossible.
I will add about my day.
I went to my sister's school I was aware that there would be women...
    Before leaving home I asked Hashem for help...
I left the house and on the way to school all kinds of women came out, some scantily clad, others attractive in appearance. .. i used covid 19 mask as a trick to pray to hashem no one noticed that
I came home and I feel bad...
because i tried my best not to see the women… i used my eyes to go to school but in the middle there was a woman with a lycra shorts, or shorts
even the teacher looked good... but inside she kept telling me don't covet...

(I closed my eyes for a moment but it was impossible to avoid seeing a woman because she avoided her with her eyes and another woman appeared)

Re: I'm not going to give up 23 May 2022 18:45 #381108

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's some food for thought from Rav Avigdor Miller Z"L on the topic of Looking at women:

Q: 
What’s so bad about looking at women?

A:
Why look at women?! It’s a waste of your time to look at women. You want to look? Look at the seeds on the trees. Look at the maple seeds on the ground. Now, that’s something to look at! women are nothing. There’s nothing to see in women. It’s only your imagination. And the way to get rid of your imagination, is to marry the girl. Marry the girl, and you won’t look at her in that way anymore. 

And that proves that it’s all imagination. It’s nothing at all. It’s just a דמיון – an imagination running wild. Rav Yisroel Salanter said that imagination is our greatest enemy. It makes us think of nothing like it’s something. But it’s nothing at all. 

And not only women are nothing; boys are also nothing at all. Nobody is anything at all. Unless you recognize that they are a Jew, a צלם אלקים. That’s something else all together. Every Jew is an image of Hashem. Oh yes, that is very important. That’s how you should be looking at a Jew. But that’s not how you’re looking at the women. And it’ll take you a long time to get there, when you’ll be able to look at a fellow Jew and see the צלם אלקים . So in the meantime, let your eyes look into the Chumash, into the Mishna, into the Gemara. That’s where your eyes should be. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: I'm not going to give up 23 May 2022 20:01 #381117

• danger324
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you my friend
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes