Welcome, Guest

My crowded yet lonely journey
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My crowded yet lonely journey 575 Views

My crowded yet lonely journey 28 Apr 2022 21:37 #380178

To the most authentic group of Yidden: Hello.

I've been a member of GYE for a while now, but I've never posted anything publicly. I generally shy away from speaking up in public and even on an anonymous forum. But I want to change that.

A little about myself:
I grew up Chasidish; I'm 29, married, and have three children BH.
I've been struggling with M since I was seven years old. Discovering P at around 19 made things exponentially worse (surprising, I know).

So far, my longest clean streak has been 14 days. I'm now three days into what I hope will be my 90 days - and beyond B'Ezsas Hashem. I hope to update this thread and track my progress regularly.

P.S. If anyone can help me reset my "current streak" counter to the correct number, I'd appreciate it.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 28 Apr 2022 21:53 #380179

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 986 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Thank you for posting. Hopefully the connections you make here will help you achieve all of your goals. Posting regularly also helps you internalize your commitment. Hatzlocha rabba looking forward to sharing many successes.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 29 Apr 2022 17:06 #380212

Thank you Vehkam for the warm welcome.
I recently read your story; it's incredible and inspiring! It really gave me Chizuk that it's possible.
It's one of the things that made me decide to post.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 29 Apr 2022 19:59 #380215

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 986 days
  • Platinum Boarder
“Challenge is the opportunity for greatness. Succeeding despite difficulty is your opportunity to accomplish what cannot be matched by anyone else because nobody else faces the same exact challenges you do.”

-The Battle of the Generation page 155

Have a great Shabbos.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 29 Apr 2022 23:26 #380217

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome aboard! Sounds like your on a good track. Keep it going... Looking forward to hear from you!

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 02 May 2022 14:59 #380270

Here we are, Parshas Kedoshim (in Chutz Laaretz).
Hashem tells us that we can do this. We can separate ourselves and be unique.

Personal update:
I installed webchaver on my phone (with the filter option), and BH got the courage to approach and ask a respected person in our Kehilla to be my Chaver. He BH understood and accepted without giving me a difficult time. I appreciate that.

Hashem, see that I'm coming to purify myself; please help me. Help me become the person that my potential demands me to be. Without your help, I am dead in the water.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 02 May 2022 16:29 #380276

• lostjew85
  • Current streak: 271 days
  • Junior Boarder
Dear Connected, thank you for your post. it helps me get strength knowing I'm not alone. I'm currently on day 32 and I feel like I'm white knuckling. I'm 10 years older then you and always struggled to stay clean for 30 days. Keep posting here, as for me what worked best is really wanting to give up the right to act out.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 02 May 2022 16:53 #380278

• 5Uu80*cdwB#^
  • Current streak: 1054 days
  • Gold Boarder
connected wrote on 02 May 2022 14:59:
Here we are, Parshas Kedoshim (in Chutz Laaretz).
Hashem tells us that we can do this. We can separate ourselves and be unique.

Personal update:
I installed webchaver on my phone (with the filter option), and BH got the courage to approach and ask a respected person in our Kehilla to be my Chaver. He BH understood and accepted without giving me a difficult time. I appreciate that.

Hashem, see that I'm coming to purify myself; please help me. Help me become the person that my potential demands me to be. Without your help, I am dead in the water.

Beautiful post! Every single day people on GYE show me how amazing Klal Yisroel is.
If you are wondering why you can't stop masturbating even though you're guarding your eyes, it's because you're fantasizing.

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 02 May 2022 17:36 #380283

Lostjew85 wrote on 02 May 2022 16:29:
Dear Connected, thank you for your post. it helps me get strength knowing I'm not alone. I'm currently on day 32 and I feel like I'm white knuckling. I'm 10 years older then you and always struggled to stay clean for 30 days. Keep posting here, as for me what worked best is really wanting to give up the right to act out.

Hey there 85th Lost Jew (see what I did there?),

When we go out and about our daily routines and we're the only ones knowing our deepest darkest struggles, we feel alone, but here we are all in this together.

Thirty-two days is a record I wish upon myself!

Keep climbing and stay strong!

Re: My crowded yet lonely journey 03 May 2022 15:01 #380336

Another day secured.

Yesterday in mine, permanently etched into my essence.
No one can take it away from me.

Thank you, Hashem, for holding my hand.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes