Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello 263 Views

Hello 05 Apr 2022 13:28 #379615

• chaim91
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everyone,

I first started with masterbating in high-school. It started here and there and eventually tuned into everyday. Throughout my 4 years of bais medrash I continued masterbating almost everyday and always wanted to stop. I tried so many times but it usually only lasted a day or 2. Now I’ve been married for a year, am learning in kollel, and have a baby on the way and I just want it all to stop. I am optimistic about this program and hope it will help me finally break free. Thanks for reading.
Last Edit: 05 Apr 2022 13:29 by chaim91.

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 13:47 #379617

Welcome to forum! It's great to have you on board with us. 

Before finding out about GYE, I was also stuck struggling without any end and I thought that it would be impossible to break free. Although I'm still fighting, I've been able to break free from masturbation and I've made progress that I previously thought was impossible. There are many resources here that will help you tremendously and will b'ezrat HaShem give you the tools necessary to break free completely, like the new flight to freedom program here that you've probably already seen. 

B'hatzalacha!
FOR FREE FILTERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY SOLUTIONS CLICK HERE
(Includes WebChaver/CovenantEyes, Microsoft Family Safety, and Apple
Screentime
and a how-to guide to set them up without loopholes)  

Even if you already have a filter, these are necessary additions because
they fix many loopholes that exist with paid filters (speaking from firsthand
experience) and because they add priceless accountability features.

If you have trouble filtering a shared device, then see the post for how
to get these filters discreetly, without any other users' knowledge whatsoever
and without the filters affecting the other users of the device at all.
Last Edit: 05 Apr 2022 16:21 by To Yosef Hatzaddik.

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 14:41 #379619

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Chaim91 wrote on 05 Apr 2022 13:28:
Hi Everyone,

I first started with masterbating in high-school. It started here and there and eventually tuned into everyday. Throughout my 4 years of bais medrash I continued masterbating almost everyday and always wanted to stop. I tried so many times but it usually only lasted a day or 2. Now I’ve been married for a year, am learning in kollel, and have a baby on the way and I just want it all to stop. I am optimistic about this program and hope it will help me finally break free. Thanks for reading.

Welcome! 
It's great that you're optimistic about recovery. 
Keep on posting and stay connected. Hashem will surely be with you to be with you. 
Please make sure to plan Ahead - Be proactive. As they say, "If you fail to plan - you plan to fail". The yetzer horah rarely tries to fight us when were doing well, he looks for opportunities when we're down and out or caught off guard. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 14:46 #379620

• larry bird
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
I’m in the same stage as you! You came to an amazing place. I’ve only been here for a bit. But already I’ve seen results, albeit small ones, that I couldn’t have imagined. I found that it is great to share a lot about yourself so people can give you tips and chizzuk that’s more detailed and direct. And it also helps get things out of your head and into writing, which is great for dealing with a challenge.
Attachments:

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 15:21 #379624

• chaim91
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the advice!

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 16:21 #379633

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 986 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just wanted to comment and let you know that if you stay connected here your chances of putting this behind you are tremendous. I was hooked on stuff for decades and I am now bli ayin hara clean for five months. I would not have been able to go a month without GYE.

I also highly recommend the book the battle of the generation it has become my best friend and I read a chapter every night.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Hello 05 Apr 2022 22:39 #379659

• Captain
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Please check out these great free resources: 
ebook- The Battle of the Generation 
Audio series- The Fight
They're very good to start with.
See below in my signature for the links.

​Hatzlocha!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Hello 06 Apr 2022 06:54 #379682

• chaim91
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow it’s great that you have been able to break free. I hope I will be able to say the same soon enough. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes