Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

A two-way street
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: A two-way street 104 Views

A two-way street 07 Nov 2019 18:22 #344977

Hi all,

So B"H I'm now at eight clean days, but I noticed that I'm losing interest in things I enjoy doing and household responsibilities. I'm retired, so I have more time to help my wife, and also learn more Torah and pursue other interests. But over the last few days I seem to just want to sit around and be lazy.

I'm thinking it may be withdrawal symptoms from all the TV shows I had been wasting time with (one of my biggie addictions since childhood). So I decided that the only way to beat this and avoid a fall, is to force myself into action and ignore the YH's efforts to trip me up,

I figure, if the YH has the energy to do his thing, I also have the energy to do mine! And so I begin. Wish me hatzlacha!
Last Edit: 07 Nov 2019 18:24 by A Good Jew. Reason: misspelled word

Re: A two-way street 07 Nov 2019 18:34 #344978

I'm clean for only 2 days but I have had longer streaks previously and noticed a similar theme. Must be some form of withdrawal. 

Re: A two-way street 07 Nov 2019 18:55 #344980

Walterwhite wrote on 07 Nov 2019 18:34:
I'm clean for only 2 days but I have had longer streaks previously and noticed a similar theme. Must be some form of withdrawal. 

I guess that makes it unanimous .

Were you able to overcome the YH by getting involved with other (clean) activities?

Re: A two-way street 07 Nov 2019 19:11 #344983

• Dave M
  • Current streak: 329 days
  • Gold Boarder
You mentioned that you a retired.  That can be challenging, as you now have a lot more free time on your hand.  What about going to the gym daily?  Also, do you have any skills that can be used to volunteer at local organizations/mosdos?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes