Welcome, Guest

Now finally I am here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Now finally I am here 794 Views

Now finally I am here 06 Jun 2012 12:26 #138937

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
Scholem helige Yidden,

it took me very long to convince myself that I am suffering from a serious problem. I am mid-twenty bocher learning at a yeshivo in Europa. It was approximately eight years ago that I found the "pleasure" of hz"l I used also to look at shmutz in the internet but thanks to webchaver that stopped. Still I need help.
Two weeks ago I started listening to DuvidChaim's phone conference, I did not fall the days I was listening. But yesterday I felt strong and thought that I can control it on my own and missed the phone call -- I was nichshal with hz"l. But I still have hope and I'll continue the 12 steps phone conference. I have the GYE books and it is a tremendous help especially the attitudes section, thank you Raw Guard.

I choose the name YesodHayesodos as an allusion to the very first halocho in mishne tora "Yesod Hayesodos Veamud Hachochma..." the first law is that we have to know Hashem. But we all know the meaning of Yesod in the kabballistic sources. So it occured to me that real knowledge of Hashem requires shmiras habris / hayesod. Indeed the kabbalistic sources refer to the pgam of yesod (flaw of the covenant) as pgam hadaas, a flaw of knowledge. That may be our problem a problem of connection with Hakodosh Boruch Hu and also with human beings.

It is my sincere wish and will to reach this connection with our father -- sometimes I feel he is crying because of our pain. I am just at the beginning of a journey back to my real self -- I need your support. Once or twice a week I wanted to share my feelings and progress, chizuk whatever seems to be appropriate to help me and the GYE community.

Re: Now finally I am here 06 Jun 2012 12:35 #138940

Keep us posted on the progress. the phone calls are a great inspiration; make sure to pipe in with your comments and thoughts and shares... I hear it's essential.

Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.

Re: Now finally I am here 06 Jun 2012 18:05 #138991

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome the the kehila!

Here's my plan in a nutshell:
Guard my eyes extremely.
Guard my mind from fantasies.
Daven constantly.
Surrender my lust to Hashem.

Keep reading and posting.

Alex

Re: Now finally I am here 07 Jun 2012 02:47 #139006

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Warmest welcome to to a tzadik Yesod
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita

Re: Now finally I am here 08 Jun 2012 09:52 #139095

• Benzi
Sholom Alejchem, tayrer Yid!
Much hatzlocho on your jorney.

I am mid-twenty bocher learning at a yeshivo in Europa. It was approximately eight years ago that I found the "pleasure" of hz"l I used also to look at shmutz in the internet

Hmm.. sounds as if I would write this lines...

Re: Now finally I am here 08 Jun 2012 14:43 #139110

Benzi wrote on 08 Jun 2012 09:52:

Sholom Alejchem, tayrer Yid!
Much hatzlocho on your jorney.

I am mid-twenty bocher ... It was approximately eight years ago that I found the "pleasure" of hz"l ...

Hmm.. sounds as if I would write this lines...

Hmm.. sounds as if I would have written these lines 30 years ago (on paper - there was no internet - but there was plenty of nisyonos).

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Now finally I am here 18 Jun 2012 12:22 #139688

• Pressburger
  • Junior Boarder
I recently joined the 90 days chart. And I'll post on http://www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=5416.0, iyH. 8)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes