Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi 878 Views

Hi 09 May 2012 06:34 #136975

• Keep Fighting
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I have been trying the 90 days for months now, but I can never pass a few weeks. The worst is, at the time of action, I know it's wrong and that im giving up so much but I can't stop it.
I need help. So I'm joining this now.

Re: Hi 09 May 2012 06:40 #136976

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!
Nice to meet you. Keep coming back.
Mottel
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Hi 09 May 2012 13:54 #136986

Hi KF,

Welcome and good luck. You're in good company. Believe it or not, we all have problems - that's why we're here, to work on it together.

Try focusing on 'today' - a day at a time.
Try avoiding all lustful sights and thoughts - not only actions - sof maaseh bemachsovo techila.
Try davening to Hashem for assistance, for ultimately only He can/will help you.
Did you read the GYE handbook? It provides much clarity and direction, regardless of your level in this struggle.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Hi 11 May 2012 10:03 #137088

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Hey Keep Fighting.
You know why I'm still fighting after almost a year of being on this site [yep! that's it]? cuz I'm MUCH smarter than anyone around here, and while their advice might work for THEM, I don't need it.
Don't follow my example, stick around, listen to the good folks, give and get encouragement, love, friendship and acceptance. and of course

KEEP FIGHTING!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Hi 11 May 2012 17:29 #137117

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome KF!

Simply signing up for the 90 day chart is a wonderful statement. But that alone, together with "fighting really hard" won't work.

Assuming you've tried to quit many times and failed, and meet the criteria for an addict, you will need to get into a recovery program. We don't need to be good, we need to be sober.

That means absolutely no sips of lust. No looking at any women unless absolutely necessary. No lustful thoughts. When they come, cry out to Hashem and ask him to intervene. As an addict, I have admitted that I am powerless over lust, and I need Hashem to heal me -- moment to moment.

Read the Handbook. Look through the 12 steps. Consider joining a phone group. Commit to do whatever it's going to take YOU to get and stay sober. Commit to giving up lust itself. It's the only way to get your sanity back.

Re: Hi 11 May 2012 21:46 #137138

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
TehillimZugger wrote on 11 May 2012 10:03:

Hey Keep Fighting.
You know why I'm still fighting after almost a year of being on this site [yep! that's it]? cuz I'm MUCH smarter than anyone around here, and while their advice might work for THEM, I don't need it.
Don't follow my example, stick around, listen to the good folks, give and get encouragement, love, friendship and acceptance. and of course

KEEP FIGHTING!

I was advised to "take the cotton out of your ears & stuff it into your mouth..."

When I learned how to start doing that is when I began REAL Recovery!!!!

Re: Hi 13 May 2012 18:39 #137207

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
welcome aboard.

hi is one of my favorite words....

you came to the right place.

keep us posted.

Re: Hi 22 May 2012 22:21 #138069

• Keep Fighting
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
You Guys are great. Thank you for the encouragement.
I started listening in the phone groups. It's really amazing how much substance there is. I thought that these phone calls would be filled with fluff. Thank you, and I hope to keep fighting...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes