Welcome, Guest

A detailed Lens Metaphor for Addictive Thinking
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: A detailed Lens Metaphor for Addictive Thinking 776 Views

A detailed Lens Metaphor for Addictive Thinking 29 Feb 2012 04:57 #133920

I have a SLR camera that came with a factory lens.  The lens gave me a certain basic outlook, so I bought another lens, a beautiful 50mm.

It gave me a new outlook, I could focus on faces, nature, everything looked beautiful.  But then I got bored of that lens.

Now I got myself a 10-20mm.  Whew!  The panorama.  My horizons have expanded.  I can see how people fit into larger frames.  Beautiful.

But the lens I really want is the Torah lens, a 360 degree lens that allows me to see in every direction, physically, temporally, spiritually.

In addiction, I use the same lens over and over and wonder why my perspective never changes. 

The tools from this website, the Big Book, they help me buy new 'lenses'. 

Eventually, we'll have the Torah lens, seeing the expanse of space, time, and spirituality, all in one frame.  We'll see beyond the micro-focus of our obsession with shmutz, and we'll see up down across around before and after.  All from actually absorbing the Torah and incorporating it, from a belief in the mind, into an experience of the soul.

No longer will we "believe in H with our minds, but distance H' with our bodies".  nope, "bayom hahu yihiye H" echad ushemo echad".

It will be unreal.  And yet, the realest thing ever.
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.
Last Edit: by .

Re: A detailed Lens Metaphor for Addictive Thinking 29 Feb 2012 12:59 #133934

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Nice! Thanx.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes