Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: hello 3012 Views

Re: hello 09 Nov 2011 15:35 #124956

• helpme!
im considering making a shevua that before i act out i will visit the forum and give some words of chizuk to a new member. what does everyone think about that?

btw it is so helpful to have this forum. its an outlet for all my anguish, which really assists me in getting rid of it.
Last Edit: by .

Re: hello 09 Nov 2011 15:52 #124958

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Have you opened up to anyone on the phone?  In real life?  I found that to be very important and liberating for me.

Re: hello 09 Nov 2011 16:01 #124959

• Time4Change
  • Junior Boarder
Hey "helpme!".

I am also relatively new here, and I've just read through this whole thread of messages.

One thing I can recommend is hynotherapy.

A couple of months ago I truly hit rock bottom and realised that it wasn't enough to make promises - as that's all I've been doing since I was a teen. This is a real problem that needs professional help (in my opinion).

The reason I felt hypnotherapy was the best option for me, was because it helps you get to the bottom of the addiction; "why have you actually become addicted to p*rn in the first place?" According hypnotherapy if you can get in touch with your "inner wounded child" and get to the core of the problem - you 1. Let go of whatever it is that's holding you back from fulfilling your potential in life, 2. Learn why you developed this escape technique in the first place (learning why you do it, you understand why kinds of behaviours and feelings trigger the desire, for e.g. anxiety + stress for me), 3. Learn to develop healthier and more mature ways of dealing with life's issues and NOT the way we have childishly + animalistically responded in the past).

I have since been working on integrating hypnotherapy/self hypnosis/meditation into my life - from tefilla, to fixed daily times for meditation + relaxation.

Anyways - these are my thoughts for now; to sum up: if you won't to successfully deal with an issue in life, you need to get to the core of the problem - and while external changes (filters etc.) are obviously a necessary step in the journey - they are not going to truly solve the problem, until you do a deep + serious cheshbon hanefesh and get the bottom of the addiction.

Hope this makes sense.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes