Welcome, Guest

I need a new Rav...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I need a new Rav... 1252 Views

I need a new Rav... 23 Mar 2011 15:10 #101715

• DovInIsrael

OK thats it!

Time for a new Rav... up until Purim I've been talking to Meny Violi, been friends for a long time.
he is from Italy.

Ever hear of him?

well Purim was the last item on the menu, if you know what I mean.. we used to be on first name basis, which was ok.  But now he wants me to call him Rav.

When it comes to those hidden things, you know the ones we tend to stuff inside, one's deep dark secrets, friends are one thing...but its sometimes a bit difficult - to be open with a Rav; my words become somewhat... pasta-osy.

Especially when the response is not what I was expecting. Sometimes they are even a bit saucy.

sorry if I am being a bit cheesy, but that is how I feel.
I am just dishing them out as I see them.

can any one relate?

dov.ii

(someone suggested I get some help. They suggested Chinese medicine...recommended Dr Ehg. But I am having a hard time approaching him. I think he is a bit cracked! )

(I must be on the road to recovery, my sense of humor seems to be coming back. I hope you are laughing with me, and not at me. My doctor once told me, just because I am paranoid does not mean that THEY are NOT watching me!  )

Last Edit: by .

Re: I need a new Rav... 23 Mar 2011 15:32 #101720

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
my rav once forced me to tell him the most sick, dimented, illegal, psychotic thing i'd ever done...

but dovii,

what is your question

why is a person telling a rav in the first place-what can the rav do for him? and if so, then what's the sheila?

i told my rav because i was asking him how to do tshuva for a sin

THAT is the rav's cup of tea

but what does a rav know about helping psycho's like me?
do they know about filters, and triggers, and RID...?

true, maybe they read tending the vineyard from R wein

but unless he's really special and multi talented, he is just a rav, not an expert in this field, NOR does he have personal experience (unless he himself is on GYE which im sure HAS happened....)

im all for rav's

i have a few/dont get me wrong

did i help elaborate on this idea?
yipee!
there's an indian in the cupboard

Re: I need a new Rav... 23 Mar 2011 15:35 #101722

• DovInIsrael

ugh!

Rav-VIOLI...

get it?

Re: I need a new Rav... 23 Mar 2011 15:38 #101725

• DovInIsrael
hey tzaddik -

regarding your Indian in the closet...
before I came to Israel, I was thinking of opening a used clothing store for Indians.

I was going to call it:

WHOSE SARI NOW!

Re: I need a new Rav... 23 Mar 2011 15:44 #101727

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
:D
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes