Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tefillah 520 Views

Tefillah 28 Jun 2022 13:38 #382546

Hey,

I wanted to try this out. We all know the idea that someone who davens for someone else is answered first (if not from the gemara then at list it's a mefurash song).
In that spirit I'd like to try davening for someone else to have success with shmiras eineyim. If anyone thinks they'd like to have me daven for them, please message me your hebrew name, or just comment in the thread. If you don't want to share your name, still comment and I'll daven for your username.

Thanks!
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: Tefillah 28 Jun 2022 19:47 #382559

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Chooseurname wrote on 28 Jun 2022 13:38:
Hey,

I wanted to try this out. We all know the idea that someone who davens for someone else is answered first (if not from the gemara then at list it's a mefurash song).
In that spirit I'd like to try davening for someone else to have success with shmiras eineyim. If anyone thinks they'd like to have me daven for them, please message me your hebrew name, or just comment in the thread. If you don't want to share your name, still comment and I'll daven for your username.

Thanks!

Great idea!
the Aruch Hashulchan writes that when praying in front of the sick person one need not mention the name of the choleh, rather one should pray that Hashem send a speedy recovery to “this sick person.” His source is from the verse which describes Moshe Rabbeinu praying for his sister Miriam Hanivea. The verse states: “Moshe cried out to the Lord, saying, “I beseech you, God, please heal her.” (Bahaloscha 12:13) He explains that Moshe Rabbeinu did not mention the name of Miriam because she was present at the time of the prayer. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Tefillah 29 Jun 2022 18:18 #382621

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Please daven for me. Let me know if I should daven for you.
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!

Re: Tefillah 29 Jun 2022 19:45 #382624

• yissie
  • Current streak: 53 days
  • Senior Boarder
DavidT wrote on 28 Jun 2022 19:47:
the Aruch Hashulchan writes that when praying in front of the sick person one need not mention the name of the choleh, rather one should pray that Hashem send a speedy recovery to “this sick person.” His source is from the verse which describes Moshe Rabbeinu praying for his sister Miriam Hanivea. The verse states: “Moshe cried out to the Lord, saying, “I beseech you, God, please heal her.” (Bahaloscha 12:13) He explains that Moshe Rabbeinu did not mention the name of Miriam because she was present at the time of the prayer. 

I am just wondering. Is this only when the sick person is in front of you?

Re: Tefillah 29 Jun 2022 19:48 #382626

DavidT wrote on 28 Jun 2022 19:47:

Hey,

Thanks!

Great idea!

I believe that is specifically in the presence of a sick person, no?
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: Tefillah 29 Jun 2022 19:49 #382627

@bisiyata dishmaya You got it! And yes, I would definitely appreciate your tefillos for me.
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2022 19:50 by DeletedUser1211.

Re: Tefillah 29 Jun 2022 22:37 #382630

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
will do IYH
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!

Re: Tefillah 03 Jul 2022 15:00 #382770

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey,

Thanks!

I try to daven in שמע קולינו that hashem should listen to the tefilos of my fellow Gye members. I hope each of you will try to do the same.   To explain why this is so powerful I will suggest the following.  

when I was a little boy and would go for a haircut I would look in the mirror in front of me.  There was also a full mirror behind me.  So that I would see my reflection and the reflection of my reflection etc… many times over.  

So too, if I am davening sincerely that your tefila be answered, and your sincere tefila is that my tefila should be answered we are in essence creating tefilos that reflect back and forth an infinite number of times.

(If more than just two people are davening in this manner than the strength of that tefila grows exponentially)
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2022 15:01 by vehkam.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes