Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beauty and halacha 758 Views

Beauty and halacha 22 Dec 2019 04:58 #346133

• All 4 Hashem
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
As I battle taava, it kinda paints a very bad picture of woman and looks. It makes me detest it and leads me vulnerable to.condescending on woman. Tho Yosef Hatzadik was the pinnacle of both beauty and battling taava, so they cant be a steira. How might I avoid this problem without succumbing to it?

all best, may Hashem grant you all success.

Re: Beauty and halacha 22 Dec 2019 16:15 #346147

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
All 4 Hashem wrote on 22 Dec 2019 04:58:
As I battle taava, it kinda paints a very bad picture of woman and looks. It makes me detest it and leads me vulnerable to.condescending on woman. Tho Yosef Hatzadik was the pinnacle of both beauty and battling taava, so they cant be a steira. How might I avoid this problem without succumbing to it?

all best, may Hashem grant you all success.

This was written on Thursday, 19 January 2012 here on GYE ... 
https://guardyoureyes.com/articles/tips-suggestions/item/a-two-inch-waterfallA Two Inch Waterfall

Imagine if you live near Victoria Falls in Africa, would you be interested in looking at a two inch high waterfall? It would not be hard to look away from that. The physical beauty of woman is just a two inch waterfall compared to the beauty of the soul. Why would we want to focus on this insignificant thing and miss the true beauty instead? Perhaps this is what Lust addiction is after all, just a fantasy that some insignificant thing will make us happy, when of course it can't, because we are missing the true beauty and the things that will really make us happy.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Beauty and halacha 22 Dec 2019 23:13 #346158

• All 4 Hashem
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I see, but wouldnt you detest it if that 2 inch waterfall was everywhere? Like why am i looking at this disgusting thing
. Essentially thats what im seeing here. Though thank you, this should help me stop staring tho, even if it wouldnt stop the condescending views.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes