Welcome, Guest

Tehillim through the Eyes of an Addict
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tehillim through the Eyes of an Addict 1861 Views

Tehillim through the Eyes of an Addict 20 Oct 2017 19:25 #321368

• YoGav
  • Current streak: 208 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Based on Tehillim gimel (Psalm 3)
1. David is running from his son Avshalom. David went against the moral law that he has upheld fervently his entire life and now he is experiencing the consequences of his actions. Just like I am having to endure pain because I chose the road opposite of what I know is right, now I have to go through the process of cleansing and teshuvah. It's interesting that David is running from "Av Shalom", father of peace. I'm in flight from Shalom because of my choices and now I have to do the steps to get me back to Shalom without it killing me first.
2. "How many are my oppressors?" says David. I hear G-d telling me, "ONE!, ONLY ONE! It is you, my son. You are the one that is oppressing yourself. It only seems like a multitude is against you." I'm my own oppressor and the way my mind works, I can conjure up an entire army of oppressors because I'm not willing to take responsibility and hear the painful truth that I have flaws and I have caused the pain and destruction. No one else is to blame. 
3. "Many..say of my soul". I say of my soul that Elokim, the Administer of justice is through helping me and he is going to sentence me to pain because I deserve it. Then David ends with a "Selah!". Rav Hirsch says this is telling us to put what we just read into the "basket" of our mind and think deeply on it. Then I come to the next verse.
4. After Selah! I contemplate it all and just like David see G-d as Yud Kay Vuv Kay, a loving G-d who is my shield, my glory and the One that raises my head up. He doesn't hate me. He loves me and he is showing me that I'm on a painful road of growth. He knows this and he is allowing the pain to happen so I can grow but he is also shielding me, giving me strength and showing me that I can look up and the view is looking up is so much better than the muck that I see when my head is downcast. Raising my head, raises my heart and I see G-d and I yearn for him.
5.Then I weep and I call out to G-d. But guess what, he has already heard me and I can start to feel the restoration of my connection with him.
6. I can now rest a bit more easily because I have come to understand my G-d a bit more and I understand that I'm powerless and he is my power. I sleep and I awake knowing that I'm loved and cared for. He sustains me and gives me new life each day. He lets me rise another day.
7. Now it's up to me to take that new day and step forward and up. I don't have to fear my past, present or future. I don't have to fear anything because I have the Creator of the World surrounding me. Those tens of thousands of fears, self-hate thoughts and everything else I throw at myself, I do not fear.
8. I still call you "MY G-d" even though I feel lost and angry at times. I can still call you "MYG-d", "the ruler of my destiny".  You will break the bite of those thoughts I tell myself.
9. Help only comes from G-d. I will only thrive and live if I recongize that G-d is my only true help and strength. SELAH!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes