Welcome, Guest

Is it an act of HaShem?
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it an act of HaShem? 1907 Views

Is it an act of HaShem? 22 Apr 2016 20:14 #285725

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
I am wondering if the frum, more educated yidden could answer this for me:

I have two jobs currently: a temp computer programming job, and a permanent job as a direct support professional for developmentally disabled.  The computer programming job, while it pays the most money, it has been the worst for me in terms of my addiction because I am telecommuting, and during that time, (in which I also joined GYE), I had acted out at home, when I was supposed to be working, and after joining GYE, I didn't act out, but I have been anxious and couldn't focus.

In realizing that I had an issue with the telecommuting, but difficulty with leaving because it pays much better than my other job, I, more in my thoughts, I wished for a way out of this job that I could "save face", because I had wasted time at work, and staying in my sister's house working as been really bad for me. I am not allowed to go to the library or public space to work, because of sensitive information.

Starting yesterday, I haven't been able to sign on to their system.  I have tried to reboot my local computer, reboot the remote computer, reformatted my computer, rebooted the router and nothing is working.  I am starting to think that maybe this is  Divine Providence, an assist from shamayim.

It reminded me of a story I heard on Shabbat HaGadol, that a young man, in his enthusiasm regarding the Rebbe, wanted his friend to take a picture of him at the Ohel.  The friend, feeling it was disrespectful, but going along with his friends' wishes, tried to take a picture with  the young man's cell phone. The phone's camera wouldn't work and he wasn't able to take the picture.  It wasn't that the phone died, the camera just wouldn't work.

What do you think?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes