Welcome, Guest

Don't be tricked by the fisherman
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't be tricked by the fisherman 1960 Views

Don't be tricked by the fisherman 15 Jun 2014 18:00 #233551

• military613
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Senior Boarder
One day a fisherman cast his line
Into a clear and rippling brook;
With tempting bait, quite skillfully
He hid from view the barbed hook.
A hungry fish by chance came by.
That dinner caught his watchful eye --
And yielding to the strong appeal,
Enjoyed the pleasure of a meal.
When done, he turned to swim away;
Alas! He found to his dismay
That the fisherman who supplied his meal
Had caught him with a hook of steel.
If sinful pleasure tempt your eye,
"It is better just to pass it by,
Than yield; and find to your dismay,
When done, you cannot run away.

We are like the young fish at the bottom of the sea who are being constantly told by our Rabbis to stay with the Torah and to stay strong with our principles. We are the fish being told by the wise to not go up to the reef. Lets not be swayed by the fake illusions by the Satan to try and sway us away from the right path. It may seem tempting but we must realise what is behind the temptation. Realise that the Satan is just the fisherman trying to take the light away from the Jews. When he sends you Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc etc etc Realise that this is just a tactic of the Yetzer Hora to bring us into a conversation for the Satan.

With the help of Hashem we will be strong enough to stay deep in the channel of the sea of Torah and not be swayed by the Satan's influence in the world.

First the fisherman uses all his tactics to make us see the bait. He sends out his rod as far as he could and as deep as he could into the ocean. On the hook is the bait. This try's to make everything look so good on the outside and harmless. The satan only wants one innocent child who has so much potential to grasp onto this bait. However, the young fish swimming in the ocean is being protected by his parents, his rabbis and mostly Hashem. Since the fish was young he has never understood why he cannot go up to the top of the ocean. He has been continuously been told not to go up to the top of the ocean. Its not safe. We are told by our Rabbis don't go onto the Internet. Don't go on Facebook, its unsafe. Although it may seem hard to understand at times. Remember, we are just being told these things for our good, to protect us from the dark side. In order for use to cling on to what is true. Which means that we could stay close to Hashem and live happy, complete lives.

Re: Don't be tricked by the fisherman 16 Jun 2014 06:01 #233574

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Incredible!!! What would the water be a marshal too? Hashem? As long as we stay in the water, we will survive?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Don't be tricked by the fisherman 16 Jun 2014 15:45 #233608

• military613
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Senior Boarder
Yes exactly! If we stay connected to Hashem and away from lust thats the only way to live! It's not compatible for a fish to go out the water and love Hashem (live) at the same time. So too its not compatible to lust and live at the same time. Lust is like the hook trying to take us out of life. The hook is covered with something which looks real and attractive. But really it is fake.
Last Edit: 16 Jun 2014 16:00 by military613.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes