Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: dont give it up 2088 Views

dont give it up 21 May 2014 04:57 #232201

• haramaz96
  • Fresh Boarder
id like to share with u something nice i recently heard. we all wondr why it looks sooooo enticing to be hanging out with girls and to look at things we shouldnt. why does it appear to look like fun? and then after we act out, so to speak, we feel like dirt?
rav yissochar frand says in the name of rav pinchas ben yair: the tree of knowledge, in the times of adam and eve, was just a plain and simple tree. but wen g-d told adam "dont eat from it", the satan popped in and said to adam, "why listen to Him? why should u have any limitations? u have everything but this! and besides, the fruit from this tree besides for tasting amazing, is the remedy for anything and everything. itll giv u strength freedom fame u name it!... just eat it!". so adam and eve ate the fruit. but then suddenly they felt naked. it says ki airoomim heim. they werent physically naked! they felt naked of everything they gave up for falling to this small temptation. now lets look at ourselves. how naked and nasty do we feel after falling? why are we giving up to a stupid fruit? but lets look on the bright side. how amazing does it feel to stand up to the yetzer hara and say, "boom! take that! im not falling 4 ur garbage!" it feels amazing! stay strong guys!

Re: dont give it up 21 May 2014 14:20 #232211

• military613
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Senior Boarder
As soon as Adam starting having a conversation with the nachash he was doomed for failure.

haramaz96:

the satan popped in and said to adam, "why listen to Him? why should u have any limitations? u have everything but this! and besides, the fruit from this tree besides for tasting amazing, is the remedy for anything and everything. itll giv u strength freedom fame u name it!... just eat it!"

How many times do we have the yetzer hora telling us to just look at one thing? How many times does the yetzer hora say that to look at this website or this advert? It isn't so bad? Don't worry just look at the things you want to see? We can't get into a conversation with the yetzer hora. We need to learn to say no! and move on. Once we get into the conversation it makes it more difficult to get out. However if we just say No! Then go away from whatver we are doing, get some fresh air, call someone or takes some deep breaths and ask your self is going into a conversation benefiting for me? Is it really going to help me with my day today? I guarantee it most probably is NO! Rather the conversation from the yetzer is trying to make you escape from the world. Trying to offer you short term pleasure which really is just fake- when you start the conversation it makes you feel that nothing else is important in your life. This is a trick from the yetzer hora- rather you come out feeling worse. Just like what happened to Adam by the nachash. Also, when it feels like there is no reason to say no and everything is not going your way. Before quitting make sure you remind yourself why you started in the first place. This moment is when the growth happens. The leap over the obstacle which you need to take could only be made with Hashems help. So pray! ask for His hand and He will guide you.

This shiur reinforces my point. www.torahanytime.com/video/purim-put-out-your-hand-and-hashem-will-fill-it/
When the Jews were invited to the Feast of Achashveros they weren't told at the beginning that it would be full of pritzus and that it would end with Vashti dancing on the table naked. They were first told that it has kosher food, there was no reason not to go. Same with the yetzer hora, there is first no reason not to go, its an illusion and a trick to entice you. Mordechai stood at the front and told the Jews. Stop! its a trick, but they didn't listen. Once we realise its a trick we are one step ahead of the game
Last Edit: 21 May 2014 14:59 by military613.

Re: dont give it up 06 Jun 2014 10:05 #232943

• haramaz96
  • Fresh Boarder
couldnt have said it better
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes