Welcome, Guest

Do Everything Your Host Asks - Except for “Leave”
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do Everything Your Host Asks - Except for “Leave” 4330 Views

Do Everything Your Host Asks - Except for “Leave” 13 Sep 2013 17:15 #219165

• avreml
  • Junior Boarder
Wow! How appropriate for us (guys who think of ourselves as losers)!

This vort on Yom Kippur's Daf Yomi just came into my mail box from Daf Notes (a free daily email in English on the day's Daf Yomi).

This well-known saying finds its source in our Gemara, but what does it really mean? Should we interpret it at face value, that a guest should be so audacious as to refuse to leave?

Teshuva is always accepted: We conclude with the explanation of the Reishis Chochma (Shaar HaKedusha ch. 16), cited by the Shlah and others. A person may feel so depressed over his many sins that he is doubtful whether Hashem will ever accept his teshuva. After the Sage Elisha ben Avuya left the path of Torah observance, a Bas Kol emanated from the Heavens proclaiming, “Return, wayward children – except for Acher [Elisha]” (Chagiga 15a). Elisha was told that his teshuva would not be accepted. However, this was only a test from Heaven. Elisha was meant to ignore the Bas Kol, and return nonetheless. We are all guests in Hashem’s world. Even if our Host tells us to leave His service, we must not listen.

Teshuva is always effective, even for the most terrible sins.

Do All Your Host Asks Except for “Leave” 13 Sep 2013 18:48 #219184

• cordnoy
Nice!
Thank you!

But on this site, He even wants our teshuvah; no ifs, ands or buts!

Just KOT!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2013 18:48 by cordnoy.

Re: Do Everything Your Host Asks - Except for “Leave” 12 Mar 2015 11:14 #250375

To the content And excellent topic like this.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes