Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some segulos 1907 Views

Some segulos 20 Mar 2013 05:04 #203808

Vaad Harabanim has 2 segulos that are worthy to mention:

1) One is for protection in general, which lasts from this Erev Pesach until next year's Erev Pesach. It requires a donation of $72 for 2 names ($10 per additional name). Harav Chaim Kanievsky, shlita, will be the one conducting the segula. I don't know the details, but I know you can get more details from 877-822-3427 (or if you want to save money AND you won't be paying extra for long distance phone calls, dial 732-367-0234). They'll be glad to send you an email with further details even if the one answering does not know. I think the deadline is Saturday night though it's merely possible they can successfully give the names Rav Kanievsky after getting them on Sunday. Please note they're located on the East Coast.

2) For those of you unmarried, there are some segulos for shidduchim. One is learning shmiras halashon everyday (I think at least 2 halachos). I'm sure online you can find more segulos on a frum website. Another one, but time-sensitive, will occur on the 7th day of Pesach by the volunteers of Vaad Harabbanim for a donation of $36. If you want the volunteers to conduct the segula for 40 days (beginning with 7 Pesach), it's $100, and $10 per additional name.

Please note that because looks at these services as "intangible benefits," you can get a tax deduction on top of it.

Please also note that you can also have the volunteers of Vaad Harabbanim daven at the Kotel for 40 days straight for $120, which is a segula for anything. If I'm not mistaken for this one, you can give 3 names. They offer this segula all-year round.

Additionally, for any reasonable donation (they're negotiable on this one), you can get a beracha from gedolim like Harav Chaim Kanievsky, Harav Aharon Leib Shteinman, etc. (just a few others).

If you ask them to put you on the mailing list, they'll send you info about time-sensitive segulos (in exchange for donations if you decide to capitalize on them). The letters are free.

Last, you should ask your Rav if you can count these donations as maaser. What works for me is that I ask what's the minimum donation for the segula, then give the name(s), donate the minimum amount, and conclude that "it would be nice if you give the Israeli staff of Vaad Harabbanim the name(s), but if something goes wrong, I'm mochel." Believe it or not, they give the name(s) anyway. They're happy, and I'm assured that I can count it as maaser.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes