Welcome, Guest

YOM KIPPUR IS COMING!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: YOM KIPPUR IS COMING! 1769 Views

YOM KIPPUR IS COMING! 24 Sep 2009 21:30 #20344

• battleworn
Some of our great warriors have been having a very tough time these days. And I want to try to discuss how we can deal with it.

It fit right in with this when, yesterday, someone told me a little piece of info that has to do with our inyan. I prefer not to specify what that info was; I'll just give you the general idea. It seems that there are some holy Jews out there that while they still call themselves "Frum Yidden", they have totally given up on Hashem and, their way of dealing with the addiction is by trying to spread it to others.

I'm sure some of you are saying "Good morning, this is common knowledge etc." But the magnitude of it hit me in a way that I can't explain.

TACHLIS: What does this all tell us? What do we need to DO? What do we need to think? How do we deal with it?

1) Yom Kippur is coming! Y"K is Hashem's greatest gift to us. The light of Y'K is not describable! Hashem Himself takes us and scrubs us clean of our sins! We can reach an incredible level of kirvas Hashem and we are zocheh to be Mamlich Hashem while we are in that clean state. 

The rule is that every "day" has a night before it. Nothing good comes without us first having to struggle through the dark and breaking through the "klipah" that's surrounding the great light. Everyone knows that the larger something is, the larger its shell is.

THE DARKER IT SEEMS DURING THESE HOLY DAYS, THE GREATER IS THE LIGHT THAT IS IN STORE FOR US!

So if you feel lousy, stressed out, disillusioned, depressed, sad or whatever just hold on tight. If you feel you are losing it or if you had a fall during these days, hold on tight to Hashem and concentrate on what Hashem wants from you right now. Hashem wants you to do what you can, NOT WHAT YOU CAN'T!

THAT is the way to merit the great light of Y'K!

2) אשרינו מה טוב חלקינו In this generation of Lev Ha'even, it is a humongous gift from Hashem that we have the sanity to fight back. Lemaan Hashem, don't take it for granted! Even if c'v you had a big fall, the very fact that you make a "Macha'ah" by making it clear that this is NOT what you want is a tremendous accomplishment! And it prevents the menuval from making a 'chazaka' on you and c'v becoming baal habayis!

Raboisai don't take this for granted! There are people out there that weren't blessed like us. And although our hearts bleed for them, we still need to thank Hashem wholeheartedly for what He gave us! After we appreciate it and thank Hashem properly, we can then cry our hearts out for those that are less fortunate.

3) Klal Yisroel is all one entity. Each part of Klal Yisroel =each person, has his place and his job within Klal Yisroel. It's just like in a person; each part of the person has its place and its job. Of course, we can know what the job of any given part is, by knowing what ability it has, and what position it's in. (For ex. if the eyes have the ability to see, then obviously that's their job.)

The way to bring Geulah is by reaching out to Hashem from down in the depths. This is clear from Chazal (who learn it from pesukim) and the seforim hakidoshim.

Those that are fortunate enough to have a life that's removed from all the tumah and garbage, obviously can't do it. Indeed, their Torah and Tefilah help us in a very great way, but the actual work is left to us. Those that R"L live deep in the mud and don't even realize what they are doing, they for sure can't do it.

IT'S UP TO US AND ONLY US! IT'S UP TO US TO BRING THE SHECHINA IN TO THE DARKEST PLACES! IT'S UP TO US TO BE DAN ALL OF KLAL YISROEL LEKAF ZECHUS AND CRY OUT FOR THEM!!! WE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE ONE FOOT IN THE KEDUSHA AND ONE FOOT IN THE TUMAH! WE ARE THE ONES WHO CAN BRING IT ALL TOGETHER!

עם ד' חזקו ונתחזקה IT’S ALL IN OUR HANDS!!!

AND NOW IS THE TIME!!!

G'mar chasima tova!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser1281.

Re: YOM KIPPUR IS COMING! 24 Sep 2009 21:49 #20345

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Beautiful, Battleworn.  Your post is beyond inspiring!

If we had one Yom Kippur in our lifetime, it would be an unimaginable gift.  To have it every year is certainly a Chesed that we should never take for granted.

For those feeling hopeless, please don't squander this opportunity.  I have three concrete suggestions:

1.) Yom Kippur is in about 3 days.  Prepare for this special day by beginning the Teshuva process and staying clean.  You can do it - really!  Try for 1 hour at a time, or even 30 minutes at a time!

2.) Do sincere Teshuva on Yom Kippur.  This is one day that the y"h has no power.  Cry to the Ribbono Shel Olam for assistance - we can't do this by ourselves.

3.) Make a Kabbalah regarding a certain line that you will not cross for the following year, say until Chanukah.  Examples: If tempted to look at anything improper, you must do so without the benefit of your glasses/contacts.  Or, if I must go to improper websites, I must wear a winter coat (with the hood on) while doing so, and keep it on for 30 minutes afterwards.  Violations of the Kabbalah must be costly enough to hurt - e.g. $100 to Tzedakah, preferably GYE (cannot count towards Ma'aser).  Just before the Kabbalah expires, make sure to renew it.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 24 Sep 2009 22:01 by Beaten but hopeful.

Re: YOM KIPPUR IS COMING! 25 Sep 2009 07:07 #20393

• TrYiNg
It seems that there are some holy Jews out there that while they still call themselves "Frum Yidden", they have totally given up on Hashem and, their way of dealing with the addiction is by trying to spread it to others.

I never understood this. What do they gain? ? ? !!!!!!!!! One of my friends brothers purposely brings her to watch p-rn movies, and I CAN JUST SCREAM! She is sooo innocent. Why would he do it to her?
Last Edit: by .

Re: YOM KIPPUR IS COMING! 25 Sep 2009 13:08 #20454

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
TrYiNg wrote on 25 Sep 2009 07:07:

It seems that there are some holy Jews out there that while they still call themselves "Frum Yidden", they have totally given up on Hashem and, their way of dealing with the addiction is by trying to spread it to others.

I never understood this. What do they gain? ? ? !!!!!!!!! One of my friends brothers purposely brings her to watch p-rn movies, and I CAN JUST SCREAM! She is sooo innocent. Why would he do it to her?

If she is underage, this is abuse and should be reported to the authorities.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by frumbutstruggling.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes