Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.

TOPIC: AVINU MALKEINU! 5868 Views

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 10:11 #20081

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
oops...(hiding under a table) mom, are you mad?...
Last Edit: by 19thgkidSept2018.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 10:27 #20088

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Hmmmmmmm,

Im feeling power here......

........nah, could never be mad at you Sturggle.

...and of course I'll let you make up by washing the floor and windows, building the Sukkah, peeling vegetables and oh yeh, shopping for ice cream and soda!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: 24 Sep 2009 14:20 by bluejay.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 10:30 #20091

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Battleworn! I think we need you here to return this thread back to its original tone.
I can't help it...
And I am curious to hear your response to my (earlier) posts.
Last Edit: by Rs.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 13:40 #20154

• battleworn
Hi, precious yidden! I'm sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I was around, but I was hit by a tsunami of emotional pain and I just couldn't think straight. Sturggle, I think you are very much on the mark!

As far as TrYiNg's question goes, I think be"H I can shed some more light on the matter. Our focus is up to us. If we choose to separate ourselves from Hashem and just try to get along with Him, then our focus on y"k is going to be about how WE make peace with Hashem. But that mehalech is hopeless for us, anyway (see "Teshuva" thread)

If we realize who we really are and what we really want, namely that our very essence is ratzon Hashem and there is nothing else, then our focus is going to be on THE BIG NEWS. We don't have time to think about our selves at such a holy time, we're much to busy being Mamlich Avinu Malkeinu!

But of course it goes without saying that when we come to such an event, we should be clean and immaculate. Not for our sake but for the Honor of Avinu Malkeinu!

Now here comes the biggest chiddush! As strange as it sounds, Hashem himself scrubs us clean and dresses us in proper attire. אמר ר' עקיבה אשריכם ישראל לפני מי אתם מיטהרים ומי מטהר אתכם, אביכם שבשמים (We may sing it on Lag Ba'omer, but it's actually talking about Y'K) This is where the vidui comes in. We express our feelings and Hashem takes care of the actual work. All he asks from us is to turn our selves to Him! To give Him our hearts!

Some people that don't post on this forum, can possibly sleep through the whole thing. They will say the vidui with their mouths but their hearts are fast asleep. This is BTW not their fault at all and we should be dancing from simcha and gratitude that Hashem let's us feel, even in this sea of darkness! {Bli neder more on that in a different post later, Hashem PLEASE help me really do it}

So it can be helpful to remind them that the world is not static even if their hearts seem to be. Things get decided on these holy days and we can make a difference. It might help and shake them up a bit. That is the point of that kind of talk.

But in truth it all boils down to K'vod Shomayim. If we care about K'vod Shomayim, then we can't bare it when His children are suffering whether it's physical and all the more so, if it's spiritual. That's what the 44 bakoshos in Avinu Malkeinu mean to us. "Because You are our Father and our King ...."

Last Edit: 24 Sep 2009 16:30 by Le Roux.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 14:24 #20181

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Battleworn,

First and foremost, may Hashem sooth your pain as only He can - bekarov.

Thank you so much for clarifying. It was eye opening on one hand, yet so very pashut and obvious on the other. Most earth shattering emes is I guess!

Last Edit: by Lees1234.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 14:35 #20186

• TrYiNg
very clear.  :)Thank you once again, battleworn
Last Edit: by Hester Panim.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 16:34 #20240

• battleworn
Thank you very much for your feedback and your warm words.  BTW I finished it up, now. It so happens that emes is one of my obssessions and I have always found that it saves me in the darkest of times!
Last Edit: by schreib.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 16:39 #20245

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Battleworn,

It's great to hear from you! And read your post! Looking forward to more?
I second 7Up's bracha that Hashem may sooth your pain bekarov if He hasn't done so yet.
Last Edit: by yaruv.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 16:47 #20248

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear Battleworn,
Hashem's gifts to you are so great already. May he gift you further and quickly with complete relief of whatever pain you had or have and I am sure that you will use the experience to help others out of their pain!
W/best wishes for a beautiful Heilgeh Tog (as R' Tzi-Meyer would call it),
- Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Letslive.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 16:51 #20250

• bardichev
BATTLE DO YOU KNOW THE STORY RT"M SHLITA SAYS OVER ABOUT THE AMERICN BOY WHO THE CHOFETS CHAIM TOLD TO GO TO GER FOR YOM KIPPUR???

I NEEEEEEEED THAT STORY!!!
Last Edit: by sr123rs456.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 17:07 #20257

• battleworn
Reb Dov, thank you very much! It's interesting that you mentioned Hashem's great gifts. In the last few days I actually experienced some Giant size hugs from Hashem. The kind of stuff that could put someone in a good mood for months. The pain that I feel is much larger than I am and I won't try to explain it because I don't think I know how.

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your pm, I only got it after R'H. Anyhow, I love you with ALL my heart and I hope you have a wonderful year!

Bardichev, I don't know that story. I know a story about two einekels of the Bardichever that came to the Chofetz Chaim's yeshiva.
Last Edit: by Bentley.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 17:11 #20261

• jerusalemsexaddict
The Chofetz Chaim every morning would wake up and first thing he would say(even before modeh ani)

GOOD MORNING HASHEM
Last Edit: by daybyday354.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 17:16 #20263

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
battleworn wrote on 24 Sep 2009 17:07:

Reb Dov, thank you very much! It's interesting that you mentioned Hashem's great gifts. In the last few days I actually experienced some Giant size hugs from Hashem. The kind of stuff that could put someone in a good mood for months. The pain that I feel is much larger than I am and I won't try to explain it because I don't think I know how.

Its not my place to make suggestions toyou R' Battleworn, but I seem to be anyway!

Why not write down those hugs in all their glorious detail? Not to share with us (unless you wish to) but for your own sake. "Hugs" are like hot chocolate with melted marshmelllows when storms are blowing and there's no silver lining around the clouds.
Last Edit: by johnsmith231415.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 17:23 #20264

• bardichev
Bardichev, I don't know that story. I know a story about two einekels of the Bardichever that came to the Chofetz Chaim's yeshiva.

YOU MUST POST THAT IT IS GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

AND IF ANYONE THINKS ITS A MADE UP STORY

REB NOSSON VACHTFOIGEL ZTZ"L USED TO SAY IT EVERY EREV YOM KIPPUR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by Jjeff.

Re: AVINU MALKEINU! 24 Sep 2009 17:39 #20268

• battleworn
Reb Dov, thank you very much. I totally agree about the hot chocolate with melted marshamello's.

Bardichever, if you know the story YOU should tell it! Thank You!
Last Edit: by yandm.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes