Welcome, Guest

WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 7395 Views

WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 16 Sep 2009 20:26 #18513

• battleworn
Rosh Hashanah is coming and I think it’s time for each of us to address a very basic question: “Who am I?”  Sometimes you feel like a good person. Perhaps more often, you feel like a bad person. So who are you really? Sometimes you feel successful; probably more often, you feel unsuccessful, so who are you really?

R’ Tzadok Hacohen in Tzidkas Hatzadik  111 says the following:

בעקבתא דמשיחא העיקר הוא רק להוציא יקר מזולל ורק במקום יצר הרע ותגבורת עונות משם יקחך דייקא על ידי תשובה כמ"ש בחלק (צח.) בן דוד בא בדור שכולו חייב. ונפש כזה הוא מחלקו של משיח וכן דוד המלך ע"ה נקרא שהקים עולה של תשובה כידוע דכנסת ישראל רגליה יורדות כו' רחמנא ליצלן. ובעקבי משיח הנפשות מן הרגלין ושם תגבורת הרע והיצר. ולכך דור של נפשות כאלו דייקא יזכו למשיח כמו שאמרו ז"ל (בראשית רבה פרשה ט) טוב מאוד זה יצר הרע. וכן משיח עצמו נולד ממקום כזה כידוע מה שאמרו במדרש הנעלם וירא על בנות לוט ולוט שהם שורש כח היצר רע ומשם נצמח שורש בן דוד. והיינו שזהו תכלית השלימות שיהיה אז שיתהפך שורש הרע לטוב שזה שחיטת היצר דאמרו בסוכה (נב.). והוא הנפש האחרון שבגוף והיותר סמוך לרע בכל מיני תוקף.

[This is really hard for me but I have to translate.]
"In the wake of Moshiach (the last period before Moshiach comes) the main avoda/tikun is ONLY to take the good out FROM the bad. Only in the place (situation) of the y’h and the powerful rise of sin, only from there will Hashem redeem us specifically through Teshuva (As opposed to not sinning in the first place). As it says Moshiach will come in a generation that’s all guilty.

AND A PERSON LIKE THAT (that by nature is pulled to sin and has to pull himself out by Teshuva) IS FROM “THE PART OF MOSHIACH” meaning that his soul belongs to a special group that have the power to facilitate the Geulah. As we find that Dovid Hamelech (who was the root of Moshiach) raised up the banner/power of Teshuva.

As it is known that the neshomoh of klal Yisroel (which is made up of all the individual neshomos) it’s head is very high but it’s feet go down to she’ol r”l. And before Moshiach the souls are from the feet, where there is a great force of evil and the y’h.

AND THEREFORE ONLY A GENERATION OF SOULS LIKE THAT, WILL MERIT MOSHIACH AS CHAZAL SAID “VERY GOOD” REFERS TO THE Y’H.

Also Moshiach himself comes from such a source. As is known from the “Midrash Hane’elam” in Parshas Vayera, about the daughters of Lot and Lot, that they are the ROOT OF THE POWER OF THE Y’H, AND OUT FROM THERE GREW THE TREE/FAMILY OF MOSHIACH.

THIS IS BECAUSE, THAT’S THE OPITOME OF THE COMPLETE PERFECTION THAT WILL BE WHEN MOSHIACH COMES - THAT THE VERY ROOT OF BAD WILL BE TURNED IN TO GOOD, FOR THAT IS THE MEANING OF “THE SLAUGHTERING OF THE Y’H” THAT IS MENTIONED IN GEMOROH SUKAH"

R’ Tzadok is telling us that it’s our job to bring Moshiach and no Tzadik could ever do the job. Hashem entrusted us with this mission. He believes in us! In fact the Chidushei Harim says (I heard it from R’ Tvi Meir, I don’t have the source) that in order to be able to go so low and come out of it, you have to be from a very high source. This shouldn’t be surprising to anyone around here. Just look at the powerful retzonos and yearning of the holy holy people here.

THIS RATZON IS YOU! THAT’S WHO YOU ARE! Yes you have some very very low weaknesses. But that’s part of the great shlichus that Hashem gave you. The shlichus to bring Moshiach.

THE SHLI’ACH OF HASHEM TO BRING MOSHIACH! THAT’S WHO YOU ARE!

ONE OF THE VERY FEW NESHOMOS THAT ARE ABLE TO SURVIVE AND EVEN FIGHT BACK AMID SUCH OVERWHELMING TUMAH! THAT’S WHO YOU ARE!

We were given a job that’s almost impossible, even for us. How do we pull it off? That was the question that the Jews asked in the Midbar. How can we wage war against mighty giants? The answer that Yehoshua and Kalev gave was HASHEM IS WITH US, HAVE NO FEAR!!! Just do your job, and have no fear. They are only as strong as you believe them to be, but in reality סר צלם מעליהם. If you realize that Hashem is with you the giants will crumble!

(please see reply #4 for the rest of R' Tzadok's words)

Rosh Hashana is the time that we report to Hashem on our mission. He assesses the situation and decides what supplies and tools to give us for the coming year. NOW IS THE TIME TO CRY OUR HEARTS OUT “HASHEM, GIVE ME EMUNAH! GIVE ME BITACHON!  GIVE ME DA’AS! GIVE ME CLARITY! GIVE ME SIYATA DISHMAYA! GIVE ME HATZLOCHOH! HELP ME DO TESHUVA SHELEIMA WITHOUT FALLING ANYMORE!”

KISIVA VACHASIMA TOVA TO EVERYONE!
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 13:57 by whoopsy11.

Re: Who am I? – A personal message to every member and guest, especially you! 16 Sep 2009 22:42 #18564

• battleworn
The mishna in Pirkei Avos says, אם למדת תורה הרבה אל תחזיק טובה לעצמך כי לכך נוצרת

I recently understood the meaning of this mishna for the first time and I just have to share it with you. The Mishna is telling us one of the greatest yesodos of life. You see, what happens is most people do not learn a lot of Torah. So when someone does, he is liable to think that everyone else is acting natural and he is acting unnatural. He can then figure that it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a brake and act normal for a bit. From there on it's all downhill.

So the mishna is telling us, לכך נוצרת -this is you! You are a holy yid that was created to get close to Hashem. If you try to do something else it won't work because it's not you. It would be like trying to knock a nail in with a radio.

I think there's a tremendous lesson for us over here. Sometimes we think, "Let me just get rid of this insanity so I can get back to normal life" But it won't work! We were created to get closer and closer to Hashem and we can't stop in the middle! It just can't work because it's not the way we were created. We are Hashem's shlichim to bring Moshiach and we can't stop in the middle!

Last Edit: by Ithicca Chassid.

Re: Who am I? – A personal message to every member and guest, especially you! 16 Sep 2009 23:17 #18567

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy Yoi Yoi Gevald is this True!

So much, much needed chizuk!

Gonna Print it out, so that I keep on reminding myself of this great points.

If we look back at History nishmas Moshiach & Big Neshomos always came from a Dark Place like Dovid Hamelech was thought to be a Mamzer at first.

Yehuda & Tomor, Reb Akiva, & many more.

Reb Tzodok Hachohen Hagodoil M'Echov speaks about all the above in great length & the reason is that big neshomes & everything Holy comes from the Darkest places, is because the Satan would get in the way & wouldn't let it happen.

So Hashem brings theses Neshamos & Yeshuos from places the Satan wouldn't dream that something so Holy is hidden under the smut.
Last Edit: by Cbasmelech.

Re: Who am I? – A personal message to every member and guest, especially you! 17 Sep 2009 01:34 #18584

• TrYiNg

THIS RATZON IS YOU! THAT’S WHO YOU ARE! Yes you have some very very low weaknesses. But that’s part of the great shlichus that Hashem gave you. The shlichus to bring Moshiach.

Thank you for offering badly needed chizuk for  a neshoma whos filled with anguish that its so low and so far from Hkbh.(& right before rh)  It helped me feel worthy enough to cont. fighting
Last Edit: by marksmile.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 17 Sep 2009 17:24 #18749

• battleworn
I left out the end of the piece from R' Tzadok because I didn't understand it. This morning I suddenly grasped what R' Tzadok is saying so here goes:

. והוא הנפש האחרון שבגוף והיותר סמוך לרע בכל מיני תוקף. ובעולם הזה הדורות הולכים ומתקטנים אבל אז כשיתוקן יהיה בטוב סוף מעשה במחשבה תחלה, בסוד החיות רצוא ושוב כמראה הבזק, שממקום שפוסק משם חוזר ומתחיל להאיר ונעשה זה ראש ונתהפכו תחתונים למעלה וכמו שאמרו ז"ל (פסחים נ.) עולם הפוך ראיתי: 

[Chazal say אין בן דוד בא עד שיכלו כל הנשמות שבגוף According to Kaboloh "guf" means Kneses Yisroel which consists of all the neshomos of Klal Yisroel (refered to above). Moshiach will only come after the last neshomoh comes down to this world]

The last neshomoh is the lowest neshomoh that is the closest to the [source of] evil, [And therefore the y'h has a very strong hold on him] with all sorts of strength. (I think we have a good idea of what is meant by "all sorts")

[But only] in this world do we see the Neshomos as getting lower and lower. But then, when the tikun is accomplished it will be to the good. (This means that it will be revealed that these are the highest neshomos and not the lowest. Like we brought from the Chidushei Harim. A friend of mine told me today that R' Nachman says this many times)

......And the lowest neshomoh [from the bottom of the feet] will suddenly become the HEAD. As it says in the Gemoroh in Pesachim that in Olam Ha'emes things seem upside down; the high ones on bottom and the low ones on top!

SO THAT'S WHO YOU ARE! Pleased to meet you!
Last Edit: by haytoon51.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 17 Sep 2009 17:38 #18750

• yechidah
Battleworn

That was beautiful

So much of Reb Tzadok relates to us

as well as his Rebbe the Mei Hashiloach

these are things we need to hear especially in the generation we live in
Last Edit: by jagunn.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 17 Sep 2009 19:53 #18814

• battleworn
Thank you Yechida. Lately I've been feeling like Tzidkas Hatzadik is poshut the bottom line for us. (I don't know how to say it better.)
Last Edit: by erlicheyid.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 17 Sep 2009 20:23 #18831

• Nishmas
  • Senior Boarder
Battleworn,

Gevaaaldik!!!!

I just read thru what you wrote from the Tzidkas Hatzadik (111) that R' Guard sent in the daily Chizuk Email. Thank you so much!

This is really good stuff and really mechazek me. Whenever I see something from Reb Tzadok Hakohen, my eyes and ears purk up, and since I don't have the sefer, and I'm not sure I'd be able to follow it unless it was translated into English, I very much appreciate your post.

I wish there were a thread with excerpts from the Tzidkas Hatzadik; I think it would help me.

I once heard the following as well: "Reb Tzadok HaCohen (i.e. Tzidkas Hatzadik) writes that if a person sees that he is having an especially difficult time in controlling a certain trait or refraining from a certain kind of action, he should not view this as a sign of weakness on his part. Rather, he should view it as an indication from Heaven that it is precisely in this area that he has the greatest potential for growth. The difficulties he is experiencing are a means for him to apply greater effort in overcoming the challenge, and developing that trait in which he, in fact, has the greatest potential to grow."

Kesiva VaChasima Tovah!!

Nishmas

Last Edit: by Tony21.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 18 Sep 2009 11:17 #18923

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Battleworn,
I have been a way for a while.  Just read your threads. WOW!  WOW!!!  WOW!!!  I will have to reread after R"H to absorb more.  for the sake of the tzibur, please keep up these posts.  

Nishmas,
Welcome aboard! Please stick around.

Nishmas wrote on 17 Sep 2009 20:23:

I wish there were a thread with excerpts from the Tzidkas Hatzadik; I think it would help me.

I have such a list in my notebook.  Now that you asked, I will try to get to work and post it.  

Nishmas wrote on 17 Sep 2009 20:23:

I once heard the following as well: "Reb Tzadok HaCohen (i.e. Tzidkas Hatzadik) writes that if a person sees that he is having an especially difficult time in controlling a certain trait or refraining from a certain kind of action, he should not view this as a sign of weakness on his part. Rather, he should view it as an indication from Heaven that it is precisely in this area that he has the greatest potential for growth. The difficulties he is experiencing are a means for him to apply greater effort in overcoming the challenge, and developing that trait in which he, in fact, has the greatest potential to grow."

Yes, this can be found in #49 and #181.  This yesod changed my life. I live by this yesod.  In fact, to date, I consider shemras eynayim to be my biggest accomplishments.  I went from a terrible p**n addict (together with worse stuff)  to aversions to any sort of sight. I try with all my might to not even get a first glance of anything untzeniyus. I am careful with the way I walk (head down).  And I can tell you that this did not come naturally.  I used to be a hardcore addict with no shame.   When you learn not to settle for "nebach, that's who I am" and realize that davka in this area you can rise to the top, then davka in this area you can rise.  I daven everyday for Hashem to protect me from pritzus.  The trick is to take one step at a time, and know that there is another step ahead for you to climb.

Keep climbing! Keep growing.

Kesiva vechisma tova,

Yaakov
Last Edit: 18 Sep 2009 11:50 by Zbzbzb.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 18 Sep 2009 11:32 #18933

• TrYiNg
Thank you again, for the inspiration. Just a few days ago, when struggling, I cried out if after all that climbing,falling,reaching out again, we finally reach someplace? (remember? I was told theres no summit) Here is living proof there is. Thank you!
Last Edit: by Hope4best.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 18 Sep 2009 13:32 #18963

• Nishmas
  • Senior Boarder
Ykv_schwartz

Excellent!! Thanks for your welcome, and thanks for your chizuk. You are an inspiration for me, and I feel I'm in the same boat as you, but it sounds like you're way ahead of me, which is o.k., because it keeps me looking forward instead of backward.

Kesiva VaChasima Tovah to ALL!

Nishmas
Last Edit: by Sharpshooter.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 18 Sep 2009 14:42 #18975

• yechidah
Yaakov

you are the man for the job.

put the YH project on hold(don't worry that too will be a great success)

pull out all your notes on R' Tzadok

and please share it with us
Last Edit: by MisterFrozen.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 21 Sep 2009 18:02 #19178

• Nosson
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Senior Boarder
What a beutiful devar torah, There is a story told about a great chosid (sorry don't rember the name) Who was also a great business man.
He would tell about himself that his Gaava protected him from sinning, whenever he'd find himself in a compromising situation he would say to himself," how could I such a great and respected chasid fall so low".
All the more so if this the value of our neshamos to Hashem!!!!!
There is a midrash that says that the zechus of the kohein gadol to enter into the kodesh hakadoshim was the because of the bris, May we be zoche to merit to enter in to the mikdosh with all of our averos turned into mitzvos veruach hatumah aavir min haaretz!!! 
Tomorrow will be a better day, just don't keep saying that every time you wake up!
Last Edit: by practicing.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 27 Dec 2009 15:10 #38483

• Kollel Guy
That was one of the most encouraging things I have ever read, and I have read a lot on the subject.
Thans a lot Battleworn. I think I might start learning R' Tzadok a little more seriously. Till now (for me) it was one of those seforim which I'd use to look something up, or hear a quote from, but not a sefer tolearn on a constant basis.
I think you just changed that.

Shkoyach! Tizku L'Mitzvos
Last Edit: by henry613.

Re: WHO AM I? – A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER AND GUEST, ESPECIALLY YOU! 27 Dec 2009 15:39 #38494

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Am I allowed to say that I really miss Battleworn? :-\
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by private333.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes