Welcome, Guest

our very own daf yomi forum!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: our very own daf yomi forum! 2078 Views

our very own daf yomi forum! 07 Aug 2012 21:47 #143117

• Kevin Pond
  • Current streak: 116 days
  • Expert Boarder
Baruch Hashem,I guess I am not the only one who started the new daf cycle.

i invite u guys to share insights from the daf, mainly things to do with kvishas hayetzer & Shmiras Einayim.

Today we had the gmara about "if the eyes would have had permission to see, we could'nt have withstand the mazikin"
my magid shiur said (forgot the real source- sorry!) that the deeper p'shat is that all the mazikin are the results of our aveiros.
and most of our aveiros are the results of our einayim....
so if we didn't have a limit on what we can see, then we could'nt have overcome the mazikin!

sorry if i didn't phrase it

Re: our very own daf yomi forum! 06 Mar 2013 02:22 #203082

• jda211
  • Senior Boarder
Today's daf (and yesterday's) should really resonate with our lust struggle as well. It is all about our physical faculties that will eventually stop working as well when we G-d willing age, and how the body is not what is going to last. The only way to age well is the mind of a Talmid Chacham, and we shouldn't waste our days with functioning physicality on things that are false, and we should return our bodies to Hashem clean and whole. Yesterday's daf also talked about Barlizai Hagiladi had issues when he aged, and one maan deamar says it was only because he was "shatuf bezima" and all those who are engaged in these behaviors age badly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes