Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A few ideas I had 1790 Views

A few ideas I had 06 Jun 2012 04:13 #138929

• chachaman
  • Gold Boarder
1. I was reading through Yechezkel ch. 23, and at around 23:38 the Navi started talking about how people would sacrifice their children to Molech and then go to school. We have this phenomenon nowadays too--I need not elaborate. I wasn't sure whether I should share this thought, since it does 0 good elaborating on the severity of the sin; but I believe this thought helps us understand passages in the TOrah which might not seem relevant nowadays.

2. I believe GYE stresses this a lot, but I am actually blessed to have this problem--indeed, it makes me closer to God than I would otherwise be. Recently, I was trying to fall asleep when some temptation arose, so I said the first four Tehillim and the TIkun Haklali, and baruch Hashem the temptation passed. It occured to me--were it not for the addiction, I wouldn't have read those Tehillim. Countless such examples exist--Hashem has blessed me with this problem as a spur to action.

Re: A few ideas I had 26 Jun 2012 01:21 #140216

• Kevin Pond
  • Current streak: 116 days
  • Expert Boarder
idea number two is great.
i am sorry but i really didn't understand the first one? If you feel uncomfortable, you surley don't have to explain.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes