Welcome, Guest

hi! i am a new guy!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: hi! i am a new guy! 2040 Views

hi! i am a new guy! 06 Mar 2012 21:52 #134358

• ezra ashbourne
BH

Hi, my "name" is Ezra and i am new here. I occasionally used to look at stuff that was not teh worst ( i always had gedarim) but was'nt great at all. Then I made a HUGE and vey serious hachlata, with tears & real teshuva. it lasted for almost a year. now i changed jobs and all of a sudden i found myslef doing stuff that is even worse.
this site is a real mechaye as i can connect to ppl who sound like they are very torahdik, yet some of u guys struggle like me (or more, it seems)
any advice or just a good (or tochacha) word will b most welcome!
mi ke'amcha israel!
Ezra
Last Edit: by .

Re: hi! i am a new guy! 07 Mar 2012 03:02 #134368

maladaptive sexual behavior, or if you like, the lust, is in part due to faulty thoughts.  if you examine your thoughts that lead you to fall, you'll notice, they were just all messed up.  "oh, I can just sneak a peak.... oh this doesn't really count... oh whoops"
But the faulty thinking continues when a person falls and continues to attack themselves... it's the same messed up thought patterns, now instead of directly leading to mzl, it leads to depression and sadness, which necessarily lead to the same cycles of destructive sexual behavior.

stop thinking.  start doing.  HaIkar Hamasseh.  the part of the brain that will bring healing is tied to Gcd in ways you never imagined.  you have to let Gcd into that space, which means, stop trying to out-think, out-smart, out-control Gcd.  Let Him do his work on you. He'll fix you up good, for good.  to 120 and beyond in good health.
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes