Welcome, Guest

My two "Chiddushim"
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My two "Chiddushim" 1835 Views

My two "Chiddushim" 22 Feb 2012 23:32 #133586

• chachaman
  • Gold Boarder
I haven't look through all of the threads, and I'm not nearly that knowledgeable, so I apologize if what I say here has been said elsewhere.

#1: We say in Krias Shema al Hamitta: "Master of the Universe, I forgive who angered or mocked me, or sinned against me, whether in my body, property, honor, or whatever I have."

Most important of all, you are forgiving YOURSELF, since you have certainly been angered by your actions, thoughts, etc. sometimes! You forgive yourself each night: don't let the baggage from yesterday hold you back today, for you have forgiven yourself and you can begin anew.

#2: This is something I use as motivation whenever I feel tempted. God knows the inner thoughts of man: we say that several times during davening. Whenever I begin to have improper thoughts, and may you also remember to do this, I think that God is watching. How can I let my mind water and humiliate myself before the Holy One Blessed Be He!

I hope you found these thoughts slightly useful, inspirational, or what have you. Again, I apologize if these are mentioned else where, but Ba'aniyus Da'ati these are my thoughts.
Last Edit: by .

Re: My two "Chiddushim" 23 Feb 2012 15:23 #133625

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
no aniyus bedaatcha!
You seem to be a Chacham, Man!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: My two "Chiddushim" 06 Mar 2012 21:55 #134359

• ezra ashbourne
i found your words very inspiratinoal, chachaman. simple & very emesdik.

Re: My two "Chiddushim" 07 Mar 2012 03:04 #134370

HaChacham, HaGaon, v'Hatzadik!
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes