Welcome, Guest

...don't wake me up.
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ...don't wake me up. 1765 Views

...don't wake me up. 05 Nov 2011 18:31 #124342

Shortly before Sukkos, I bought Shlomo Katz's new live CD. There's a story on the CD that blew me away when I heard it, and continues to completely reshape how I look at the world and at my life. I'm sure there are a number of people who would really benefit from this story
One of the Rebbe's from the dynasty of Slonim was traveling to a distant town. He stayed at a particular inn while he was staying int he town.

One night while in the lobby of the inn he saw another Yid walk in. This Yid immediately caught his attention because his face was shining like Moshe coming down from Har Sinai.

The rebbe thought, "this must be an amazing tzadik, to have such a radient, vibrant face."

We went over to him and said, "Rav Yid - if you don't mind my asking - who are you? You're face is glowing like the sun"

The Yid was a little taken aback that this great rebbe would be asking him such a question. He regained his composure and answered.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm no one special. I'm just a simple Jew who tries to do his best in the world."

"What do you mean?" asked the rebbe.

"Well you see I don't really learn. And I don't really daven - you see I can't read. I go to shul and try to daven shacharis. I mumble a few words, but then leave because I just can't do it. Same thing by mincha. Same thing by maariv. I'm telling you, I'm no one special."
"But you must be!" exclaimed the rebbe. "Only an amazing tzadik could have the aura that you have. When you walk into a room it literally brightens with your presence!"

"Well there is one thing," the Yid said. "But I'm sure it's nothing special. I'm sure everyone does it."

"Tell me," insisted the rebbe.

The Yid said: "Every night before I go to sleep, I say "Master of the World, there's only one thing that I request of you. If you don't believe, if you don't think that tomorrow I can't do all that you need me to do in the world. If you don't think that I can't get the job done, the job for which you brought me into this world...don't wake me up.

All of us are amazing people, and all of us have a reason for being here. And the knowledge that the fact that I'm alive right now, means that I have a reason for being here is enough to know that I've have purpose and that I'm an important person.

Everyone who's struggling should here this message and have knowledge and confidence to know that Hashem, our father, 100% believes in you, that you do what you're supposed to do.

On a side note, I highly recommend the CD, it will take you to another place.
Last Edit: by .

Re: ...don't wake me up. 06 Nov 2011 16:19 #124415

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
thats a great insight
now think for a moment
kllal yisroel went thru many fases were many didnt survive, in mitzrayim, in midbor, thru all battle's in eretz isroel, at the first and 2nd chorben, during that very long golus with so many pogroms and girushim, many wars, espacialy the 2nd ww, and yet we are here ALIVE that means that we are really handchosen by hashem, to go thru so many distroying challanges and yet come out alive, that must be for a very very special reason, we have a very great shlichos to accomplish

Re: ...don't wake me up. 06 Nov 2011 19:55 #124454

• Yossi.L.
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Very insightful. Thanks for sharing.

Re: ...don't wake me up. 11 Nov 2011 18:02 #125262

• ninetydays
Never heard that story before. Very powerful.

Re: ...don't wake me up. 13 Nov 2011 17:53 #125345

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
its from twersky's "the sun will shine again" handbook
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes