Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yissurim? 1754 Views

Yissurim? 25 Aug 2011 15:02 #116359

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I came across this really old sefer called "yesod teshuva" and in the derech of really old sefarim, he gives you a list of aveirois and the proper "teshuva" [i.e., amount of fasts, type of yissurim one should inflict on himself and for how long etc.] so i'm scanning through the sefer and he has "teshuvos" for "ba al haniddah", "menashek niddah", ba al hapniyah", moitzi zera levatala" and everything in between you can possibly imagine. and in the derech of really old sefarim he outlines complex "teshuva plans" for each one of these aveirois
then, he surprised me  :o ois 44 is about "chet hamishgal" i totally didn't get it, what about everything until here, wasn't that all different expressions of chet hamishgal  ??? what puzzled me even more was the surprisingly light sentence he gives here:
"and if his soul has sinned with the lusts of mishgal he should intensify in his efforts to break the lust and remove the seal from upon his heart, for this is the 'cure' of this particular chet and he should distance himself very far away from it. and according to the greatness of his previous love of this, so shall be the disgust he now feels to it, and he should always remember the problems this created for him for this is a trap for man to lose his assets, his body and his soul!"
so what's going on here? what about all of the fasts a man has to undergo, where did they go?
i think that even the mechaber of this sefer, also recognized that a SA is simply sick, his problem isn't once being boiel a niddah or a pniyah, it's much deeper, he is simply addicted to lust "mishgal" in any and every size and form, the solution for him isn't standard teshuva, that won't help him at all, what he needs is to intensify in his efforts to break and remove the seal from upon his heart and to distance himself very far away from it
FOR THIS IS HIS CURE
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yissurim? 25 Aug 2011 22:33 #116482

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks, think of it a moment, imagine yourself back in those dark days, sitting in front of that computer searching those disgusting stuff, now look at yourself today, is it the same person?
the tanya writes:
אינו אותו גוף ונפש שחטא
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes