Welcome, Guest

How can I get passionate about serving G-d?
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How can I get passionate about serving G-d? 1791 Views

How can I get passionate about serving G-d? 15 Mar 2011 16:32 #100987

• Meshulam
Momo wrote on 24 Jun 2010 06:32:

... but, how can I get passionate about serving G-d?

guardureyes wrote on 24 Jun 2010 09:57:

Ask Him 

dov wrote on 25 Jun 2010 06:29:

I got a good deal of passion to serve Hashem once I was convinced that He isn't disgusted with me at all. Think about it...a rebbi, teacher, parent, sister, wife, store clerk, whoever....they have this look of near-puking whenever you see them looking at you.  Would you be able to summon up the brenn to give them your all? or to deal with them with 'passion'? I doubt it.

If deep inside I really believ that He "knows " that I am a dang loser, the passion ain't happening. Same goes for my wife in the relationship...kmayim haponim., etc... 

If you can please explain, Dov...

What does it take to come to really "know" that (both in our relationship with Hashem and in our relationship with the wife)?

How can we get it into our heads that Hashem and the wife are really on our side even when (lust aside) things aren't looking so great for us in general?

How can we build that connection to open up and share both with Hashem and with our wife even when things aren't so dandy (and again, I'm not davka talking about lusting, but anything in general) and "know" that we're not gonna get looked at with disgust?

How can we show any sign or hint of failure without feeling like we might arouse negative feelings in our wife?

Does this feeling and recognition come on its own with sobriety, time, and patience?

How do we build that relationship?

How can we be that open? That vulnerable...

How can we feel they're more approachable?

Thank you!
Last Edit: 15 Mar 2011 16:57 by .

Re: How can I get passionate about serving G-d? 15 Mar 2011 19:27 #101060

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
You got me thinking about all those questions.

I do not know the answers, but I see that lately I am reaching that stage!!! Boruch Hashem!!!!

Where would I have been if not for GYE??
Last Edit: by .

Re: How can I get passionate about serving G-d? 15 Mar 2011 21:21 #101097

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
to me it seems that Guard gave the right answer

in other words, if you want to build a relationship with the Ribono Shel Olam, you need to do just that, build a relationship. keep talking to Him. learn about Him. listen to Him.

there are no buttons we can push or 2-day crash courses to accomplish that.

and btw, i would recommend the Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh seforim, especially the first two volumes and Da Es Atzmecha for a path to building this relationship.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: How can I get passionate about serving G-d? 15 Mar 2011 21:50 #101105

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
How can we get it into our heads that Hashem and the wife are really on our side even when (lust aside) things aren't looking so great for us in general?

How can we build that connection to open up and share both with Hashem and with our wife even when things aren't so dandy (and again, I'm not davka talking about lusting, but anything in general) and "know" that we're not gonna get looked at with disgust?

We tend to apply our own attitudes towards HKBH. and in that case your right, I would be able to accept someone else as they are. But HKBH is different. He sees beyond all that. He sees the pure neshoma, He sees our potential, He sees what we want not just what we are.
I heard a beautiful vort in the name of the gaon. איזהו עשיר השמח בחלקו
is to be understood as מה הוא אף אתה
in other words just like HKBH is wealthy that is happy with his lot so too you should be...
the obvious question is what does it mean that HKBH is happy with his lot?
The Gaon says that we are his lot עמו וחלק נחלתו
He is happy with us, wherever we are holding. Of course there's room for improvment but hat doesnt take away from the fact that he is happy with us.
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes