Welcome, Guest

Seder Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seder Nashim 1628 Views

Seder Nashim 02 Jul 2009 18:31 #8011

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Hello,

I just discovered the GYE Beis Midrash, and would like to share the following (slightly edited), which I posted elsewhere this morning:

Chazal tell us that those born in a certain Mazal (Maadim) will have a tendency towards spilling blood.  This can be channeled for the good, e.g. becoming a Mohel, Schochet, or physician.  Alternatively, it can be channeled for the bad, c"v.

For those of us who have difficulties with our attraction towards women (whether they be real women or images), why not channel this desire to the learning of areas of Torah that relate to Nashim?  There is a lot to keep us busy: seven Mesechtos of Mishnayos and Gemarah, not to mention Tosefta and Yerushalmi, all with their respective Meforshim.  In addition, there is the Nashim section of the Rambam's Yad Hachazakah, and Shulchan Aruch Even HaEzer.

In other words, my friends, there is a perfectly Kosher way to spend our lives involved with Nashim.  Crack open that Mishnayos Kedushin.  Immerse yourself in Gemarah Gittin.  Start a Seder in Tosefta Sotah or Yerushalmi Kesuvos.  The opportunities are vast.  What are we waiting for?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2010 17:01 by .

Re: Seder Nashim 02 Jul 2009 19:14 #8017

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha,

Great Idea!

Let me try to see if I can fit it into my schedule.

E.L.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Seder Nashim 28 Dec 2009 02:20 #38762

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeh except that all the tricky sugyos of, dam besulim, onah, biah shelo kedarka, etc.  well they get alittle too visual for anyone who watches them at night. You don't want to be caught 'with your pants down' when you finnaly understand pshat in the rashba! no for that you need yadayim nekiyot.  when i did yavamos... i kept struggling with a 'pictorial' commentary, for how a kohen gadol could technically be meyabeim. it wasn't pretty having to excuse myself for 2 seconds every time there was a lashon naki in the gemara.    but eventualy, when you've been clean through nezikim, your natural interest in these subjects will help you learn halacha lema'aseh, in the nitty gritty details. which for many people can merely become an incomprehensible slur of unintelligible yeshivish (chalos shem yibbum??? to schaff a chalos shem yibbum???)
Last Edit: by jjgrish.

Re: Seder Nashim 28 Dec 2009 04:47 #38785

• bardichev
I would like to add a very important yesod

The Mishnah says in mesechtas Avos that Torah is MACHSHARTO LIYOS TZADDIK say the Chofets Chaim,

MACHSHARTO is like hechser kaylim the words of Torah kasher a person

I am not a michanech but I wanted to write the words of the Heiligeh chofets Chaim
Last Edit: by davelavee.

Re: Seder Nashim 31 Dec 2009 12:09 #40435

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
It is said that when the yeshive of Pressburg learned Mesechtas Gittin there was not one get in the whole town, which had in it thousands of families.

So learning certain Mesechtos guards the person!
Last Edit: by renewedhawk03.

Re: Seder Nashim 28 Jan 2010 15:50 #49139

• username24
I saw it written bshem Rav Chaim Kanevski shlita that their is a special segulah to learn seder Teharos as the posk says "Yiras Hashem Tehorah".

Re: Seder Nashim 28 Jan 2010 16:52 #49168

• bardichev
G38 wrote on 31 Dec 2009 12:09:

It is said that when the yeshive of Pressburg learned Mesechtas Gittin there was not one get in the whole town, which had in it thousands of families.

So learning certain Mesechtos guards the person!

SORRY THE WAY I HEARD THE STORY WAS THE FIRST TIME THE CHASAN SOFER LEARNED GIITTIN THERE WERE MANY GITTIN

THE NEXT TIME HE WAASS GOIZER TAANIS AND THERE WERENT ANY

TORAH HAS THE ABILITY TO BE MACHSHIR ANYONE

TORAS HASHEM TEMIMIA MESHIVAS NEFESH

NOT TALKING ABOUT IT

ACTUALLY LEARNING IT!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes