Welcome, Guest

Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken?
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 2767 Views

Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 18 Jun 2009 17:47 #6627

• Pintele Yid
Per the Heiliga Guard's advice I am copying and slightly expanding a vort that I wrote yesterday under this section:

I heard this Vort from my Tanya Rebbi. I am attempting to modify it to our situation. There was a Gerrer Chusid who lost all of his family in the Holocaust. Although he had a beard, payos and yarmulka before the war, the Nazis Yimach Shemem Vizichrom (may their memory be oblitirated) took them away from him and he didn't reclaim them after the war. He moved to Tel Aviv and after some time, he missed his Rebbi, the Imrei Emes. He decided to visit him and when the Imrei Emmes saw him, he recognized him and invited him into his study and asked him to tell his story. (Parathentically, the Imrei Emes lost half his family and 250k chassidim in the Holocaust.) 

After the yid told his story, both he and the Imrei Emes put down their heads and weeped for a very long time. At some point, the Imrei Emes picked up his head and stopped weeping and asked the yid a question. It says in Parshas Ekev (Tes,Yud Zayin), that Moshe picked up the Luchos and broke them "Li'aynachem", in front of "your eyes". Lichoira, "Li'aynaychem" is extra since he was talking to klal yisroel? He answered that it is because the luchos were only broken in front of Klal Yisroel's eyes. In truth, there is a place where the Luchos were never broken. He applied it to the Holocaust and all the other massacres that we have endured over the years. He said that "although your family and much of my family and much of my Chasidim were killed - they were killed only in a bechina of "Li'aynachem". But there is a place where every heiliga yid still lives unbroken and totally whole."

My beloved brothers. I wish to apply this to our situation. Although we "break" our neshamos from time to time, (sometimes more often than we like and in ways even we can't believe we do), we should remmember that this is only L'aynainu. But in the sefira of Kesser, in the bechina of "kol Yisroel", our Neshamos are totally clean and whole.

Next time the Y"H wants to tell you how bad you are, send him to the Nazis. No matter what your stage, remmember "Veshuchanty b'soch Tumasum". You might not know where that place in you is, but the Pintele Yid in you knows, and is living in harmony with Hakodosh Baruch Hu as it says in the Zohar (and bought in the Tanya) on the posuk in Berashis Vayepach Bapov Nishmas Chaim, Man D'nofach M'Toicoi Nafach. . This means that Hashem breathed from his essense into man. Therefore, we have a piece of Hashem in all of us.

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 18 Jun 2009 19:37 #6635

• bardichev
reb pintele
can you please expound on the idea of
anee hashem hashochen ..bsoch tumasam..

It will be a great chizzuk
It was also never really discussed on the forum(to my knowledge)

it dovetails the words you just posted!

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 18 Jun 2009 20:11 #6639

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
No wonder your name is pintale yid! This vort sums it up so beautifully!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by yletaken.

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 18 Jun 2009 23:34 #6665

• Pintele Yid
bardichev wrote on 18 Jun 2009 19:37:

reb pintele
can you please expound on the idea of
anee hashem hashochen ..bsoch tumasam..

It will be a great chizzuk
It was also never really discussed on the forum(to my knowledge)

it dovetails the words you just posted!

Holy Bardichev,

I don't remmember learning specifically on the subject but in the spirit of the Gemorah Shabbos Kuf Yud Ches Amud Bais where Reb Yosi states "In my days I never transgressed the words of my friends. I know that I am not a kohen, but if my friends asked me to go up and Duchen (say the priestly blessings), I will go" Bezres Hashem here are my thoughts:

1. It says in the Tanya in Likutai Amurim Perek Bais, our Neshamos are a Chelek Elokai Mema'al Mamish, meaning we are totally connected with Hashem. Therefore, from a practical standpoint, Hakodosh Baruch Hu made us inseparable with him under all circumstances - even when we are steeped in Tumah. To add something that is very relevant to us, since Hashem is the only "Ani",the less we feel our "Ani" and give over ourselves to his mercy, the more he will be shochain Bisochainu - helping us with our struggles. This reminds me of a story I heard from my Tanya Rebbi. There was a Talmud Chacham recluse who was also a Baal Gaava that went to visit (I think) the Baal Shem Tov. As he was walking into his study, he heard the Baal Shem Tov say, Im Yisaser Ish Bmistarim V'ani - Lo Yireno Nium Hashem. The poshut pshat of this posik means that "if someone hides in hidden places does he not think that Hashem will see him? The Baal Shem Tov changed the meaning to "If someone hides and he is a Baal Gaava, (Ani), then Hashem will not see him. The Talmd Chacham got the message and worked on himself and came back 3 years later. As he was walking into the study the Baal Shem Tov said "Im Yisaser Ish Bmistarim V'ani Lo - Yireno Nium Hashem. This means that if a person nullifies himself before Hashem, then it will result that the countenance of Hashem will shine upon him.

2. I don't remmember if he quoted this posuk but Horav Moshe Wolfson said that the Yom Tov of Chanukah symbolizes
the posuk of Hashochen ...Bsoch Tumasam.  Consider this, in Torah literature, "light" symbolizes Kedusha and "dark" symolizes Tumah. "Right" symbolizes Kedusha and "left" symbolizes Tumah. Higher than 10 Tefachim from the ground Symbolizes Kedusha and lower then 10 Tefachim symolizes Tumah. The Reshus Hayachid symbolizes Kedusha and the Reshus Horabim Symbolizes Tumah. (Taking a line from Holy Barditchiv, if you are driving then pull over). Chanukah is the letters Kohen Ches, meaning every yid is a Kohen for eight days. From the aformentioned, we learn that we become Kohanim and light the menorah (ideally) outside our houses in the reshus harabim, on the left side, under 10 tefachim, during the longest nights of the year during Chodesh Teves. During Chanukah, Hashem visits us in the depths of our Tumah and helps light the fire in our hearts.

3. We are Hashem's children. We might be in golus and sometimes doing all the wrong things, but Hashem our tatte in himel will never forsake us no matter how much we dirty ourselves. Because a normal father, even if he sends his son away from him as a result of his transgressions, will always be there looking after him. How much more so our tatte bechina of Havaya, will always be there for us.

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by אין יאוש בעולם כלל.

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 19 Jun 2009 00:50 #6673

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Pinteleh,
GEVALDIK GEVALDIK GEVALDIK!!!!!!

That story with imrei emes lit brings tears to my eyes.
Bl"n I plan on rereding your 2 verter - they are deep and deserve more then a cusory web surfin reading
NB
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by free myself.

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 19 Jun 2009 15:49 #6746

• Pintele Yid
Pintele Yid wrote on 18 Jun 2009 23:34:

2. I don't remmember if he quoted this posuk but Horav Moshe Wolfson said that the Yom Tov of Chanukah symbolizes
the posuk of Hashochen ...Bsoch Tumasam.  Consider this, in Torah literature, "light" symbolizes Kedusha and "dark" symolizes Tumah. "Right" symbolizes Kedusha and "left" symbolizes Tumah. Higher than 10 Tefachim from the ground Symbolizes Kedusha and lower then 10 Tefachim symolizes Tumah. The Reshus Hayachid symbolizes Kedusha and the Reshus Horabim Symbolizes Tumah. (Taking a line from Holy Barditchiv, if you are driving then pull over). Chanukah is the letters Kohen Ches, meaning every yid is a Kohen for eight days. From the aformentioned, we learn that we become Kohanim and light the menorah (ideally) outside our houses in the reshus harabim, on the left side, under 10 tefachim, during the longest nights of the year during Chodesh Teves. During Chanukah, Hashem visits us in the depths of our Tumah and helps light the fire in our hearts.

Just to add one more thing regarding Chanukah that I heard from HoRav Moshe Wolfson.

It says in the Tikkunei Zohar in the introduction of Posach Eliyahu that from looking at the world, you can possibly infer spirituality. For example, in Mishlai Perek Chuf Posuk Chuf Zayin it says that that Ner Hashem Nishmas Adam, meaning that if you want to understand what a Yiddeshe Nishoma is, then look at the parts of a candle. Just like you need several parts of the candle to produce a flame, similarly, you need both the body and the Neshoma to produce life.

It is written the Gemorah Shabbos Chuf Aleph Amud Bais, "Pselos Ushmanim She'umroo Chachamim Ain Madlikin Buhen B'Shabbos Madlikin Buhen B'Chanukah". "Wicks and oils that cannot be used on Shabbos (because of their lack of ability to produce a beautiful steady flame), can be used on Chanukah".

Rav Wolfson explained this Gemorah in terms of a Neshama. He said that many Yidden can't relate to Shabbos and unfortuntely find Shabbos to be the most difficult day of the week to deal with Nisyonos. This is because Shabbos needs Hachona (preparation) from the weekdays. When we sometimes are not preparing our Neshamos for Shabbos, then the ingredients needed to produce a beautiful flame on Shabbos become tainted.

But Chanukah is different. Chanukah was meant to uplift all of us whose ingredients might be a bit tainted. Therefore, all of us could enjoy Chanukah. That is why Shabbos Chanuka is so special, since it gives the people with "tainted ingredients" a chance to overcome that barrier and the ability to start connecting with the Shabbos.

Bzchus our immense desire to do the Ratzon Hashem, since Hashem is above time, Hashem should bring the special Kedusha (Holiness) of Shabbos Chanukah oif the velt today   and we should all merit to have a wonderful Shabbos, and hopefully soon experience the Oilum Shekuloi Shabbbos when Moshiach will wipe away our tears and our impurities.

Good Shabbos,

Pintele Yid

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 19 Jun 2009 16:28 #6756

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Pintele,

So we got A "Muni" in the house!

You guys are so holy and so pure! Shemen Zaies Zuch!

I wish that I will one day be in the madreigo to daven & be close to Hashem like they do.

A Beacon of light in BP. (and in Yerushaleim when the Mashgiach is in Israel over the summer)

E.L.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2009 17:19 by .

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 29 Jun 2009 19:15 #7660

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Pintele,

It has been a while since I heard some Tanye Or Reb Moshe Wolfson.

Please, I need some Oxygen for my Soul.

E.L.

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 08 Jul 2009 17:11 #8376

• Pintele Yid
Efshar Letaken wrote on 29 Jun 2009 19:15:

Reb Pintele,

It has been a while since I heard some Tanye Or Reb Moshe Wolfson.

Please, I need some Oxygen for my Soul.

E.L.

Sorry I have been absent.

I will I"Y"H do a new post on something I heard from Rav Wolfson on Shiva Assar B'Tamuz
Last Edit: by WorkingHard.

Re: Shviras Haluchos - Is it Really Broken? 08 Jul 2009 22:09 #8414

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. I read it. Very nice.

let us be zoche that the time should already be right for Moshiach to finally reveal himself.

E.L.
Last Edit: by yosef533.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes