Welcome, Guest

Welcome to the Beis Medrash!
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 7679 Views

Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 06:54 #6565

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
At the request of our Heilige Tzadikim, "bardichev" and "Pintele Yid", we are starting this board for Torah thoughts related to our struggle with lust and with the Yetzer Hara. If anyone comes across something inspiring in any sefer, whether it be Chumash, Rashi, Nach, Medrash, Gemara, Agadeta, Zohar, Chassidishe Seffarim, Mussar Seffarim, etc... PLEASE share it with us! Or if you have your OWN chiddushim on this struggle based on Torah, Chazal, or even Teffila and Tehhilim - PLEASE SHARE.

On our new site, guardyoureyes.org (which will be down for a few days as it is being transferred to a new server), we will have 10 categories. One of them will be "Beis Medrash" and we will try and choose the best insights from THIS BOARD for posting every day (or every few days) on the site.

I made the following members into moderators of this board:

"Ykv_schwartz, bardichev, dov, Noorah BAmram, Efshar Letaken, Pintele Yid"

I made them moderators because they already post a lot of great Torah thoughts. (Forgive me if I forgot anyone else who posts a lot of Torah)... Indeed, anyone who posts a lot on this forum will bl"n be upgraded to moderator of this board as well. Once you're a moderator, you can modify other people's posts, so you can fix mistakes that you notice in someone else's post, or add a word or two to make it easier to understand (if you want)... Which brings me to the next point:

To make it easier for us to use your thoughts on our website and perhaps in Chizuk e-mails as well, we ask that everyone try to spell correctly, put in commas where neccecary, and use lower case and upper case letters as appropriate. This will save us editing time, and also make it more pleasent to read Lechatchilah... (Of course, if your spelling and grammer is not good, don't let that be a reason to withhold your thoughts! )

Who knows if one day this board won't be material for a new Sefer? The Torah was given for every generation to expand on, based on the issues that each generation faces. As the Pasuk says about the Torah: Rechava Minei Yam. Who knows if this board is not the seed of one of the great branches of the tree of Torah in our generation?

Bisheim Hashem Na'aseh Vinatzliach.

A few side notes:

• As Bardichev requested, this board will be without debates and without "personal struggles". Only Torah and Chizuk. (Questions and shakla vitarya are allowed).

• Although this board is not for 12-Step discussion, any Torah thought that can help us understand one of the 12-Step Yesodos better, can surely be posted here. (I think R' Dov would be great for that).

• If we get a good vort on the parsha each week, I can try bl"n to post it in Friday's Chizuk e-mail. (But to go into Friday's e-mail, it needs to be on THIS week's Parsha, not last week's).

• One day I hope to offer a Chizuk e-mail list JUST for Torah thoughts on this struggle, for those who want.

• Feel free to search through all your old posts, and copy and paste here all the Torah thoughts you ever had! :D

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009 04:30 by guardyoureye.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 07:26 #6566

• London
Welcome to the GYE Bais Medrash, I am really excited by this idea, to read pertinent Divrai Torah & Chizuk to help me in my recovery.  I have one request though, when members are quoting sources if they could please translate it into English to make it understandable to everyone, I also sometimes struggle trying to read and decipher the paraphrased Hebrew, I generally find learning Gemorah without an Artscroll hard at the best of times, and when I am on the forum for me it would be such a help if I did not have to work out what the source is saying; perhaps this should be one of the rules?
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009 07:32 by chazakvekave.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 10:07 #6576

• philpher
Hi

one request:
If there are going to chizzuk updates produced on each parshah, could they be mailed before afternoon Eretz Yisroel time on Friday to allow me (and others? presumably) to see them before shabbos?

Thanks

ps Haha! forgot that Eretz Yisroel is a week ahead! I was wondering why everyone was posting about Shelach!
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009 18:25 by אבי.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 11:01 #6579

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW WOW WOW!!!!  The innovation at GUE marches on relentlessly towards Moshiach!!! Guard you don't rest always evolving and improving:), Bravo!!!

The Guard never rests  his Guard!!!! ;D ;D ;D

"If you encounter the "menuval" the despicable one, SHLEP him to the Bais Medrash". Which Bais medrash u ask? Why, The GUE Bais Medrash of course:) (or any place on the GUE site will also do;) )

London, guilty as charged you Honour . In the future I will try to translate the mamarei chazal that I post.
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009 16:51 by gevoldig.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 14:43 #6597

• bardichev
Heiliger Guard
your zechus is tremendous

I  hope that we can inspire people and we will be zoche to
viha-er EINEINU bTorasech enlighten our EYES in you TORAH!!

humble and happy
bardichev
Last Edit: by .

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 17:08 #6616

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I was just going to leave this post Blank for I'm in a loss for words.

I can't remember when was the Last time I was this excited about anything (Ok, bardicheves "90" came close)

Just a few notes if I may.

1) The Parsha in Israel is One week Ahead of the One in the U.S. of A.
2) I guess we can have the "Simche Page" over here in "Beis Medrash" as the "Milsa Bedichasa" (Words of Humor, London ) before we start Learning.

Now since we will be starting to learn every time we come into the Beis Medrash (For me its many times a day) we will have & need lots of "Milsa Bedichasa" (Words of Humor) going on in here at all times.

E.L.
Last Edit: by רצון טוב.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 17:25 #6621

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Now this post I will really have to leave blank for it is Dedicated to Thank the "Heiliger Reb Guard"

And I was learning today that we can't add to the first Brocho in Shmonei Esrei to "Hokeil Hagibor V'Hanora" any other Gadlos Haborei because they are Endless so if we added we would only do harm for we are limited on how many Greatness's we can add.

L'Havdel Bein Odom Lamokoim (to separate between man & G-D) The Thanks & Greatness to give to Reb Gaurd are Limitless so I will leave it at that.

I can only give a Birchass Hedyot That Hashem should help you Reb Guard with "Everything" in life that you need to serve him with all your strength for that is your will.

Efshar Letaken
Ashrecho Reb Guard
Last Edit: by בנצי.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 18 Jun 2009 19:26 #6633

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Guard for adding this section to the site. It is honor to be part of this wonderful development.

Thanks to "bardichev" and "Pintele Yid" for being the brain behind the idea. 
Last Edit: by urniurni.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 09:26 #6686

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I know I cant post here, but couldn't help myself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea in general, and the beautiful vortlach in specific. You're watering the neshama of one who doesn't have the zchus of sitting to learn.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by itso.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 09:57 #6689

• TrYiNg
I know. Me 2. You men don't know how lucky you are that you always have the torah learning to keep you on track. 

For us women, official learning finishes with seminary and then we don't have anything to inspire us and keep us going. I try being mavir sedra and learning some sefarim and stuff but it's not the same. :'( :'( It's not mandatory, and I don't have a chavrusa...etc

Hey, ya gotta think positive;

I can still check out the online beis medresh from the sidelines
Last Edit: by yesican.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 10:36 #6693

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
hey women, with the internet today you can keep learning and getting inspiration! Check out the Torah page of our Kosher Isle. When you finished hearing all the shiruim on all the sites listed there (scroll down), let me know and I'll find you some more (it shouldn't take more than 100 years ;D)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2009 11:29 by orel.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 11:28 #6696

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
hey women, with the internet today you can keep learning and getting inspiration!

I know; isn't the internet a wonderful place!!!!!!!  :

Of course we could /do listen to shiurim Guard; but THESE are from family members
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by orel.

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 15:08 #6729

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the Chizuk from the Woman's Gallery, we can use it!

I posted this on Ykv Thread as well

Great idea Reb Guard!

Rosh Yeshiva he is! (Reb Ykv that is)

Reb bardichev will be the Magid Shiur mainly in Simche & Chasidus.

Reb Pintele Will give a shiur in Tanya.

Reb London & Reb NB can give a great Shiur in Chizuk or anything else they feel they can really help out on.

Reb Dov Reb Dov! were are you? we need your input in Beis Medrash how about a shiur in Musar?

Reb Guard You really deserves to be the Rosh Yeshiva but "Retsoinoi shel odom zeh kevoidoi" so if you want to be the Mashgiach so be it.

Please anyone else out there who I forgot to mention please if you have anything you can give a shiur on please don't hesitate. we need all the Magidei Shiur that we can get. The Beis Medrash is getting more full by the day and we can use as much Torah as we can get.

Please leave your Low Self Esteem at home and come Fire Away! "Lo Abayshon Lomad!"

I am not very good at giving any shiurim so I will just Clean up after everyone if needed. I hope that by being in a Mokom Kodosh around such big giants that something will stick to me eventually  so that I will be able to share the info I pick up in Beis Medrash with others.

There's a known Moshol that this Smart guy arrived in a small town & saw that very few people live there. after asking around why it is that very few people live there he found out that it was because the water in that area wasn't very clean.

So this Chochom gave them an idea to build this big filter system and the problem will be solved.

So they did as he said and after a year or two the town was fully populated.

This Chochom comes back after a few years and sees the whole town burnt down. So he asks one of the towns people how it happened. so they tell him. "It's Your Great Idea That Burnt The City Down!"

Hows that? he asks? So they told him there was a small Fire in a house & they filtered the water & until they were able to get the water to the house the Whole Town burnt down.

Gevald! The Chochom yelled out! "WHEN THERE'S A FIRE YOU DON'T FILTER THE WATER! ANY WATER WILL DO!"

Raboisai! There's A Fire out there! Don't go around saying that your not in a level to give other people advise! Any water (Ein Mayim Elo Toiro) will do!

P.S.
Regarding the Magidei shiur, it's only one mans opinion

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 15:36 #6740

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
EL fantastic post
The Chofets Chaim said in his times, that the times demand  that if u only know one possuk chumash the teach that possuk to others.
I try to use the criteria to post only things that touch me on some level. I have a lot of inspirational (to me!) thing in the pipeline I hope to post the this coming Sunday (keep me out of trouble;) )
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita

Re: Welcome to the Beis Medrash! 19 Jun 2009 16:15 #6753

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
NB
First of all you & Ykv are Officially hired to get me the Mareh Mekomos because my Klutz Kup doesn't remember  were I saw it or who said it, & it's important to be a "Omer Dovor B'Shem Omroi"

2nd you won't shy away and you will give a shiur on anything you got.

I Bless You All With Shabbos
E.L.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes