Welcome, Guest

Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 54744 Views

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 27 Apr 2010 19:05 #63303

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Emor:

Emor el Hakohanim Bnei Aharon (21:2)
Rashi says Chalalim are excluded while Ba'alei Mimin are subject to the dinei Kehunah.

The difference may be explained as follows:A person who has a mim is not defined by his blemish. We would not say, there goes a 'broken leg' or a 'long eyebrow'. A Chalal, a defiled Kohen, on the other hand, is a Chalal in his entirety. Either that he did an aveira whereas he lives in the Oilam Hachet, or he was born out of Pisulei Kehunah. If that is the case, his very essence, his creation was out of tumah!

A Kohen with a blemish still has the kedushas kehunah; A Chalal has no connection to the kedusha whatsoever!

In which catergory do you think YOU belong?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 27 Apr 2010 19:17 #63304

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Emor:

Vayikov ben ha'isha ha'yisroelis es Hashem vaykalel..... v'shem imo Shelomis bas Divri l'mateh Dan. (24:11)

In another thread in this holy GYE BAIS HAMEDRASH, the following question was posted by Rabeinu Guard (the humble one) Shlita:
guardureyes wrote on 21 Jun 2009 13:32:

Rabbi Twerski wrote me today that the chassidic works are replete with "bris halashon mechuvan negged bris hamaor" and that shemiras halashon leads to shemiras habris.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Maybe a source can be found in this posuk. Rashi says that Shlomis bas Divri was the only Jew that was nichshal in Mitzraim with immorality. The son that is the fruit of this immoral union, this breach in Bris Hamaor, was the one who breached the Bris Haloshon.

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 28 Apr 2010 18:43 #63434

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Pesach Sheini:

Lamah nigarah?

What is the question? If I arrived at the airport too late and missed my flight. Should I head over to the ticket desk and ask Lamah nigara, why do I have to lose out and not reach my destination? Sorry sir, you missed your flight.

The men in the Midbar were tamei, they were impure, they knew that there is no way that they can bring the korban pesach. Hashem said so quite clearly. There is no way around this rule. We would have given up and resigned ourselves to wait for the next opportunity. Try again next year. (BTW, the following year there was no korban pesach. The next korban pesach was in the times of Yehoshia.)

The holy men of the Dor De'ah did not give up! They asked anyhow! It doesn't hurt to ask, to try. They tried and they succeeded! They, and anyone who is in there position in all future generations, benefited from their preservance.

At times, in our struggles, we may feel like we reached a brick wall. We tried and failed. We were nichshal again & again. We must learn a lesson from Pesach Sheini. We must learn to not raise our hands in defeat. We must learn to move ahead even if we don't see the path out. We mustn't stay where we are. If we try and try, and we see that we are not accomplishing much, we must try again. If we keep on trying, WE WILL SUCCEED!!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 29 Apr 2010 18:18 #63571

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Emor:

Michutz l'paroches ha'eidis b'ohel mo'ed ya'aroch osso Aharon (24:3)

The menorah was lit in the Ohel Moed. Why did the Torah use the term 'Outside of the Paroches' to describe its location?

Hashem is teaching us that the light of the menorah can be prepared even if someone is still on the outside. Even if he feels he hasn't yet entered the Kodesh Hakodoshim, he can also light Hashem's flame in his heart!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 30 Apr 2010 19:00 #63790

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Emor:

Emor el hakohanim bnei Aharon v'amarta aleihem l'nefesh lo yitama.
Rashi famously comments: L'hazhir gedolim al hakatanim.

Great people worry about the little things too. Those who are on a lower madreiga only do the biggest thing, Yom Kippor, Pesach, Intermarriage, etc.

Tell somebody that he is BIG, he will work on the small stuff too! The way to be Mazhir on the small things is to convince them that they are Gedolim.

Tell the Sons of Aharon, "You are Kohanim, you are great people!" Give them encouragement. Afterwards you will see that they will work on keeping themselves holy!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 05 May 2010 21:59 #64024

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Behar:

V'chi yamich achicha umata yado imach v'hechezakta bo ger v'toshav v'chai imach (25:35)

This is a remez to the Guard Your Eyes Forum.

V'chi yamich achicha-If your brother shall become poor, mentally destute [i]Ein ani ella b'da'as[/i]], umata yado imach - & he will become powerless to fight, v'hechezakta bo - you should encourage him [via posts & PM], ger v'toshav - Newbies & Zekeinim alike [EVERYONE needs chizuk!], v'chai imach - and together we will grow!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 06 May 2010 16:14 #64135

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas B'chikosai:

V'im beheimah asher yakrivu mimena korban laShem kol asher yitein mimenu laShem yiyeh kodesh (27:9)

If someone who is led by his animalistic desires will decide to come a bit closer to Hashem, every little bit that he will do for Hashem's sake is holy!

Hashem LOVES the small steps that we take toward him!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 10 May 2010 20:16 #64602

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Bamidbar / Yesod Sheb'Yesod:

Vayikach Moshe v'Aharon eis ha'anashim ha'eileh asher nikvu basheimos.V'eis kol ha'eidah hikhilub'echod lachodesh hasheini vayisyaldu al mishpechosam (1:17,18)

I was zoche to be oleh leTorah this morning. Being that today is Yesod Sheb'Yesod, I tried to interpret the words of the Parsha that the Ba'al Korei was reading in line with the Tefilla that we were mispalel last night after Sefiras Ha'omer, ...yesukan mah shepagamti bisefria Yesod Sheb'Yesod. The following were my thoughts:

The Ramban says (1:45) That surely there is an immense benefit for Klal Yisroel in having there names pass before Moshe & Ahron, the Holy Ones. These Tzadikim should set their eyes everyone and daven for them...

All those neshomos & netzotzos that fell from their source in Kedusha through the Aveiros of Klal Yisroel were now being restored to their proper place. When Moshe & Ahron went through their names, Vayisyaldu al mishpechosam, -those neshomos were now back with their families!

In the closing brocho after my Aliya I thought, V'chayei olam notah b'socheinu, The guf-body of a person lives only a limited time in this world, but the neshomo, the soul, lives on for eternity. Today we can be zoche that Hashem should replant those neshomos inside us!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 11 May 2010 20:01 #64770

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Bamidbar:

Rashi starts off: Mitoch chabasan lefanav moneh ossam bechal sha'ah, Hashem constantly counts the Jews due to His great love for them.

GYE is FULL of counting:

• # of days in latest streak

• # of cumulative clean days

• # of replies

• # views

• # of posts

Don't we all love GYE??

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 12 May 2010 21:56 #65077

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Bamidbar:

Ach ess Mateh Levi lo sifkod, Don't count Shevet Levi (1:49)
Rashi says, Hashem foresaw that there will be a decree on all those who were counted from age 20 that they will die in the desert, so He said, "These shall not be included, because they are mine, for they did not stumble with the Golden Calf."

The Sifsei Chachamim points out that Shevet Levi did sin with the Spies along with the rest of the Jews.

There is a major difference between a sin that comes after a another sin and a sin that comes after a victory over the Yetzer Horah! We may think at times, "What use is there to my refraining this once? I doubt that I will be able to maintain this lofty level forever. I may as well succumb right now." This is faulty thinking. Even though the Guard Your Eyes Wall of Honor counts 'clean days', Hashem counts 'clean moments'! One moment of stalling the Yetzer Horah's advances is immensely special in Hashem's eyes! In that short instant we become "his", and even if we will later fall through, it is not comparable to an unbroken string of 'losses'.

Even though the Leviim did not withstand the test of the Spies, they did not deserve the same Onesh as the rest of the nation. The Leviim had an earlier victory on their account!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 13 May 2010 21:00 #65275

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Bamidbar:

V'dishnu ess hamizbei'ach, And they shall remove the ashes from the Mizbei'ach (7:14)

While traveling in the desert, all the keilim of the Mishkan were covered with designated cloth coverings. The mizbeiach was covered with a covering of purple/indigo died wool. The fire that had decended from Heaven onto the mizbeiach was covered with a copper mold [FYI: shaped like a lion] and miraculously did not burn its covering. The ashes, though, had to be completely removed before placing the covers on the mizbeiach.

Every morning the Kohen had a mitzva of Terumas Hadeshen, a commandment to tithe the ashes, that is, to remove one spadeful of ashes and place it next to the kevesh, the ramp to the mizbeiach. Only when there was too much ash accumulated on the mizbeiach, did the Kohen remove all of the ash.

There is a lesson here for us to learn. On a daily basis, even when we are safe at home, we must be in the mode of continually removing some of our "ash", some of our impurities. It does not have to be done all at once, but as long as we do a bit every day we are on the right track. When we exit our homes, when we go out to the streets, we need to cleanse ourselves some more. We cannot be content with the same levels of shemira & kedusha as when we sit safely ensconced in our Torah'dig homes.

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 14 May 2010 17:21 #65412

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Rosh Chodesh Sivan:

The Tziruf Havayah, arrangement of the letters in Hashem' Name, in effect the most during this month is derived from the possuk: Yadosav U'letzelah HaMishkan Hasheinis. (Printed in many siddurim)

While I do not profess to have any knowledge in Kaballah, I tried looking at it through GYE Glasses.  8).

Hashem had a Home in this World, the Mishkan/Beis Hamikdash. He also has a second Home: Ish v'isha shezochu Shechina sheruya beineihem, a husband & wife living harmoniously together is also a Home for Hashem. To build the 'Second Home' for Hashem, effort is needed from both the husband and wife. A man cannot just rely on his wife. [i]Chochmas nashim bonsah beisah[/i], is not referring to this 'Home"]

Women can also be called Tzella, a rib/side, as we find by the first woman, Chava, Vayiven Elokim ess hatzella, and Hashem built up the rib/side.

Yadosav = He must labor for it to happen, U'letzelah = & it is also work for the Wife; together they can build HaMishkan Hasheinis = a Second Dwelling Place for Hashem!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 21 May 2010 19:50 #66193

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Nasso:

V'hisvadu es chatasam asher assu v'heishiv es ashamo b'rosho vachamishiso yoseif alav v'nassan 'lasher asham lo. V'im ein la'ish go'el lehashiv eilav ha'asham hamushav laShem (5:7,8)

When someone realizes that he is doing the wrong thing & V'hisvadu es chatasam asher assu, he admits that he is sinning. He must start to resist the advances of the Yetzer Horah, v'heishiv es ashamo b'rosho, he shall 'turn the sin on its head', make an about face and start working in the right direction.

He should gather more ammunition, more tools to fight the Yetzer Horah, vachamishiso yoseif alav (- like the possuk Vachamishim allu Bnei Yisroel) He must now arm himself against future attacks, so when the Yezter strikes again, he can really 'give it to him', v'nassan 'lasher asham lo.

And now for DOV & Crew:
But if he cannot redeem himself from the Yetzer's clutches by himself, V'im ein la'ish go'el lehashiv eilav, Then..... ha'asham hamushav laShem, give it over to Hashem. Let Hashem fight the Yetzer Horah. Hashem is All-powerful, He will surely win!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 21 May 2010 19:52 #66195

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Tzav:

V'zos toras ha'asham kodesh kodoshim hu (7:1)

The lesson that we learn from our aveiros is Kodesh Kodoshim!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 25 May 2010 00:15 #66544

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Behaloscha:

V'sheireis ess echav be'ohel mo'ed lishmor mishmeres va'avodah lo ya'avod kacha ta'aseh lalvi'im b'mishm'rosam (8:26)

At times, a guy can think that since he doesn't see himself growing on GYE, (He is growing, he just didn't see it - yet.) there is no benefit to being active in this forum and he stop posting.

He should not stop! Even if, in his view, he is not gaining personally. He is still helping others in their work. The rest of the chevra, who are actively engaged in the work of Guarding their Eyes find it easier when there are many active writers on the forum. The more give-and-take that goes on, the more alive this better world seems.

V'sheireis ess echav be'ohel mo'ed lishmor mishmeres - he helps his Fellows in the GYE Brotherhood House in their guardwork; va'avodah lo ya'avod - even if he is not working [successfully] in his work; kacha ta'aseh - He should keep it up!!!
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes