Welcome, Guest

Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 55114 Views

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 14 Nov 2011 20:36 #125414

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayeira:

Avraham Avinu had a problem. The problem can be 'blamed' on his family & upbringing. He was from a family of idol worshipers. Mitechila ovdei avorda zara hayu avoseinu...

Avraham Avinu came to believe that there must be a Higher Power that is greater than ourselves.

Avraham Avinu made a decision to turn his will and his life [think: [i]Ir Kasdim[/i]] over to the care of God as he understood Him.

Avraham Avinu had a spiritual awakening. Miyad hitzutz alav baal habirah.

Having had a spiritual experience, Avraham Avinu tried to carry this message to others who had the same problem as him.

How did he do that?

He did not suffice with setting up a website.

He was not content with hosting phone meetings.

Even live meetings for men to gather, talk, & share his experience was not enough.

Avraham Avinu gathered others like him into his hotel & served them food. He prepared scrumptious meals.

Avraham Avinu added another component too. He stayed nearby as they were eating. V'hu omeid aleihem tachas ha'eitz vayocheilu.

Avraham Avinu spent time with them in Fellowship. He made himself available to share his experiences, to answer their questions about his conception of God, of his Higher Power.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 14 Nov 2011 20:46 #125415

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Tehilim:

The Addict is often the last one to see that he is deteriorating;
The Addict is often the last one to notice improvement!

First comes:
Higdil Hashem laasos im eileh. - Others notice that Hashem did great things with these people.

Only later:
Higdil Hashem laasos im umanu. - do we notice that Hashem did great things WITH US!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 14 Nov 2011 21:08 #125430

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayeira:

Vayeira eilav Hashem.

Sefarim explain this passuk that NOW Avraham became a Markava leShechinah. At this juncture he came into close personal contact with Hashem.

[quote="Harvey]
We're not bad people becoming good,
We're sick people getting well.
[/quote]

[b]Rashi[/b]'s comment on [i]Vayeira eilav Hashem[/i] is that Hashem came to Avraham [i]levaker ess hacholeh[/i]!!!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 17 Nov 2011 19:14 #125894

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Chayei Sarah:

Vaydabeir el Efron b'aznei am ha'aretz.

He spoke to Efron in other people's ears??  :o

Why didn't he speak to Efron's ears?  :-\

Maybe Efron can be an allusion to an addict in the throes of his addiction. When we feel like a piece of dirt, like Afar (earth).

[quote="Yosef Hatzadik" link=topic=3178.msg84419#msg84419 date=1289509501]
Steve's Email Blast]Shlomo shared his asking Rabbi Twersky in person wrote:

I recall hearing (possibly in the name of the Chasam Sofer Ztz"l) that since a Yid is an entirely different creation than a non-jew, the medicines that heal them ought not to work by cholei yisroel, R"L. It is a chesed from Hashem that those medicines also heal a Jewish body so that the R&D, all the development needed to acquire a complete stock of diverse medication, doesn't have to be 'learned' on us!

Maybe the same can be said about this program. This particular combination & sequence of Toradig concepts was first put into practice on the gentiles in order for us to see, and to prove to us that it really works!!!

To speak to Efron, to us addicts when we are like afar, like earth, God needs to speak into the ears of Bill W. and co.

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 17 Nov 2011 21:11 #125919

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Tefillah:

Umilfanecha malkeinu reikam al teshuveinu. (Shemone Esrei, Shma koleinu)

We feel an internal void. A hole. We turn to lust to fill that hole.

The emptiness we feel in our heart is the absence of God.

We need to feel that void with God....

We ask Hashem:

"From You, Our King, please do not turn us away emptily!"  - We should never feel empty of spirituality.

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 22 Nov 2011 22:47 #126404

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Toldos:

Vayehav Yitzchok ess Eisav ki tzayid b'piv.

What do we want?

What do we want to want?

Even when I don't feel like I want sobriety at all costs, I wish that I did want it!

Satmar Rebbe Zt wrote:

Nichsof nichsafti = I wanted to want!

How can I learn to want that?

The trick is to keep talking about it.

Constant repetition will make us really believe what we are saying.

He'emanti ki adaber = I believe because I speak.

If I keep talking about the greatness of my Higher Power, I will come to believe it!

Every Father wants to love his son. Even if the son is a bit wayward; even if the son is not living the lifestyle which the father would like him to.

How was Yitzchok get himself to love Eisav??

He constantly repeated that he likes him. By saying that Yitzchok managed to 'trap' his brain into liking Eisav too!

Ki tzayid b'piv = Because Yitzchok trapped HIMSELF with his own mouth! He used his mouth to get his feelings & emotions to follow what his brain told him is the correct way to act.

We must constantly talk about our goals, about closeness to Hashem etc.

WE WILL REACH THAT LEVEL SOMEDAY!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 22 Nov 2011 22:58 #126405

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Toldos:

Vayehav Yitzchok ess Eisav .... v'Rivkah oheves ess Yaakov.

Rivkah was not as great as Yitzchok. She was not able to like Eisav. Therefore, she only loved Yaakov.

Yitzchok loved Eisav!!!!  [He also loved Yaakov, but that is not a chiddush!]

What??

Why would Yitzchok love a Rasha like Eisav??

Huh?

How can this question even be asked?

Eisav is Yitzchok's only son!!  A Father loves his son NO MATTER WHAT!!!

[quote="Harvey]
God loves you!!!
... and there is nothing that you can do about it!!

If God was able to love the Jewish People after the sinned with the golden calf at the foot of Mount Sinai, the ultimate betrayal, do you think that god has a hard time loving you because you [acted out] a little?
[/quote]

Yitzchok knew that Eisav is a rasha, but he loved Eisav [b]anyway[/b]!

Hashem knows that we acted out, but [u]Hashems loves us [b]ANYWAY[/b]!!![/u]

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 25 Nov 2011 16:32 #126784

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Toldos:

Vayitein lecha HA'ELOKIM mital hashomayim etc.

Why only gashmius'dig brochos?

The brocho is that WE should recognize that Hashem is the one who gives it!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 25 Nov 2011 16:34 #126785

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Tefilah:

B'yadcha afkid ruchi = I give myself over to You to do with me as You want.
Padissa ossi = Release me from bondage of self.
Keil emes = God of rigorous honesty.

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 25 Nov 2011 16:36 #126786

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Tefilah:

Ki fadah Hashem ess Yaakov ugoalo miyad chazak mimenu.

If we come to believe that we are powerless, that the addiction is stronger than us, then God will do it for us!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 05 Dec 2011 23:58 #127781

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef asked me to post his latest ha'orah:
Rashi says: Yosef merited the brocha of "Alei ayin' because he shielded Eisav from viewing a trigger (Rachel).

Is that why he merited this bracha?Wasn't it because he kept his eyes on the ground during his Inaugural Parade as Viceroy?

Both can be correct!

"Being of service to others" is an integral part of MY OWN Recovery! When I take a call from a buddy who is reaching out to me, I am not only helping him, I am growing too!

Yosef blocked protected Eisav > He was able to avoid his own triggers > He merited the blessing!!
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2011 00:01 by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 16 Dec 2011 19:09 #128648

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayeitzei:

Hinei anochi imach ushmarticha b'chol asher teileich.

A Gerrer chasid took leave from his Rebbe before departing on a business trip to Paris. The Rebbe had a request for him, can he please buy some Cuban cigars for the Rebbe in Paris?

The Chasid gladly agreed, thrilled at the chance to be of service to his Rebbe!

While in Paris, though, he was so preoccupied that he completely forgot about his intended purchase. He only remembered when he was already on the train returning home.

Upon disembarking in Warsaw, he immediately set about searching for a cigar shop and bought imported Cuban cigars. Even though they were more expensive than they would've been in Paris, he was that he can fulfill his Rebbe's wishes.

When he proudly presented them to the Rebbe, the Rebbe inquired exactly where he bought them and he was forced to admit that he forgot to buy them in Paris.

"Do you really think that I needed cigars from Paris?" the Rebbe asked. "All I wanted was that while YOU ARE IN PAIS you should keep in my mind that you have a Rebbe in Ger, but you forgot..."

Hinei anochi imach = if we have Hashem 'with' us constantly
ushmarticha b'chol asher teileich = we can stay safe no matter where we go!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 16 Dec 2011 19:15 #128649

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayishlach:

Vayira Yaakov meod vayeitzer lo vayachatz.

Vayira - He was afraid that he may get killed.
We are afraid of Lust. It can KILL!!!

Vayeitzer lo - He was pained because otherwise he may have to kill his enemies.
We are pained because we will have to kill the lust. We don't want to do that. We enjoy lust.

What can we do? We want to but we don't want to.....  Oiy li miYotzri & Oiy li m'Yitzri!

Vayachatz - He split it.
Right now, I won't give in to Lust. I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 16 Dec 2011 19:28 #128650

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayeishev:

Vayachalmu chalom sheneihem. Each one dreamed his own dream along with the actual interpretation of the other. This is how the Sar Haofim recognized that Yosef Hatzadik interpreted the Sar Hamashkim's dream correctly (Vayar Sar Haofim ki tov pasar). (Rashi)

If each one dreamed what will actually happen to his colleague, why didn't he tell him??

They were to selfish! Too wrapped up in their own misery! They were each thinking only about themselves!

Yosef Hatzadik was in the dungeon for much longer than them. He has not either yet gotten a clear understanding about his own dreams either, but he showed concern for them. He saw them looking a downcast so he inquired why. He wanted to help his fellows!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 23 Dec 2011 14:23 #129125

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Mikeitz:

V'kamu sheva shnei ra'av achareihen v'nishkach kal hasava b'Eretz Mitzraim. (41:30)

Because we are addicts & 'reside' in Eretz Mitzraim-Ervas Ha'aretz, whenever we go through a difficult patch in life we become depressed & forget all the good times that we experienced.  :'(
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes