Welcome, Guest

Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 54751 Views

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 23 Jan 2011 23:25 #94157

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Mishpatim:

V'anshei kodesh tihyun li ubasar basadeh treifah lo socheilu lakelev tashlichun osso. (22:30)

YOU are holy people!!!!

Those 'two legged pieces of meat' that roam the street are not for your consumption! (gazing is referred to as zan einav).

It is fit for dogs!!!!!

We are better than that!

We are human beings!

We are Anshei Kodesh!

We are Holy People!

We are GYE!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 24 Jan 2011 17:38 #94216

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Mishpatim:

V'anshei kodesh tihyun li ubasar basadeh treifah lo socheilu lakelev tashlichun osso. (22:30)

Why is the Torah connecting the 1st phrase with the rest of the possuk? It seems unrelated.    :-\

Hashem is telling us to be a Holy People. To resist the urges of tumah.      :

And if we may begin to think:  What's the use?    Is it really worth it?    These urges are so strong?    Will I ever be repaid enough for squelching them?      ???

The answer is placed right there:      :o

Look at the dogs!    8)

In the merit of the dogs' surpressing their urge to bark during Makos Bechoros/Yetzias Mitzarim, they receive the treif meat of all Jews, all over the world, all the time!       

The dog wants to bark even more than we want to sin!    >

The dogs resisted their urges.      :-X

They got repaid.      ;D

Their payment is MUCH longer lasting than the one night that they kept quiet.      :D

Our reward is also gonna come!   

It will be EVERLASTING!!!!       

IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!        :-*
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2011 21:31 by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 27 Jan 2011 01:10 #94618

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Mishpatim:

V'chi yakkeh ish ess ein avdo oi ess ein amoso v'shichasah lachafshi y'shalchenu tachas eino (21:26)

Al derech remez:

If a guy will take hit in his shemiras einayim, his avodas Hashem will suffer.

It won't end there. Ayin ro'eh, halev chomeid, v'klei maaseh gomeres. Oy yoy! His eyes will bring him to Pegam bris (The ever is called "ammah". Yad l'ammah tiktzos!) and Hotzo'as zera  (V'shicheis artzah), R"L!

We cannot try to claim that we were powerless to stop. The urge was sooooo strong, etc.

Ein haleiv sholeit ella b'mah she'ha'ayin ro'eh!    It all comes back to our not guarding the eyes!      L'achafshi yeshalchenu tachas eino!!!!

Lapesach chatas roveitz!!!!    The sin is at the 1st step!!!      We are held accountable for entering that first gate!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 01 Feb 2011 15:18 #95208

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Teruma:

V'habriach hatichon besoch hakrashim mavriach min hakatzeh el hakatzeh. (25:28)

Boruch shehecheyanu v'kiymanu v'higi'anu lazman hazeh!!!!

It is with much awe & wonder that I recognize another dimension to what Chazal teach us that everything is to be found in the Torah!

R' Chaim Vital (in the preface to Sefer Shaarei Kedusha) asks why midos are not in the Torah? He says, because midos are the FOUNDATION of the entire Torah. Without Midos it is impossible to be a Torah Jew!

The lessons that we learn in this great & holy GuardYourEyes Kehilla are the central support for everything that being a religious Jew entails. It is the thread that runs through all parts of the Torah; it is the seam that keeps it all together!

It is now a full cycle of the year that I was zoche to find a connection in every Parsha & most special days in the Jewish calendar.

A year ago I was upset at the person who referred me to this site. Why didn't he send me here earlier? He knew I had this problem! Now, after being a year over here, I have internalized part of the teachings that abound over here. (I still have a lot to learn!) We are taught to recognize that it is Hashem who is in control. He is the one put all the conditions in place for me to get down in the mud. He is the one is taking me out of that muck. He does everything at the time that He, in His infinite wisdom, deems appropriate.

I have a lot of gratitude to Hashem for bringing me here sooner rather than later! Hashem has an Eved ne'eman in our generation; I love the Heiliger Guard Shlita. We all wonder what great mitzvah he must have done to merit the gevaldiger zchus of the founding, leading, directing, organizing, moderating, administrating etc. of this great & holy site.

Even a talented person like Guard couldn't do it all on his own! There are no words to sufficiently express my appreciation toward all my chaveirim, pals, buddies, partners [& anything else you may call yourselves! [size=6pt][Chavers too.][/size]] for making this site a fun place to hang out, an inspiration place to grow, & a Torah'dig place to learn. Megalgilim zchus al yedai zakai. Anyone who signs up for membership in this holy chevra is most definitely catogorized as a Zakai!

Now that, Boruch Hashem, this thread already covers the full cycle of the year, anyone who wants to see more of my thoughts can go back & find them.

Is this thread the Zer zahav saviv? The golden crown that goes around it all?
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2011 16:15 by .

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 01 Feb 2011 16:16 #95220

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Terumah:

Kol ish asher yidvenu libo.

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 30 Dec 2010 22:11:

Meimis ess atzmo. = Kill the Atzmo = Kill the ME = Kill the Self-centeredness, the Selfishness.

...and if you don't want to kill it, just 'give it over to Hashem'!

Donate your heart to Hashem!

Tnu bni libcha li!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 01 Feb 2011 16:17 #95221

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parsha Teruma:

Daber el bnai yisroel v'yikchu li teruma.

The Ohr Hachaim Hakodosh asks why is there a Vav in V'yikchu? Vav mosef, what is the connection with the earlier words?

By speaking/shmoozing with other Yidden we become elevated to Hashem! (Teruma is a loshon of Ram = High)

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 01 Feb 2011 18:22 #95274

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Teruma:

The Kapores & its Keruvim were not fashioned as separate pieces and soldiered together. Rather they took a large junk of gold & started banging at its center, the core. The gold piles at the ends grew higher & higher and they sculpted them in to the Keruvim. These Keruvim were the place from which Hashem's voice came forth. This is the place with the greatest hashro'as haShechina in the world!

We are all a junk of metal. We are raw GOLD! We may need some beating at our middle, some molding & sculpting, but we will end up as the holiest of the holies! The place where Hashem dwells!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 09 Feb 2011 01:28 #96267

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Tetzave:

The Kohen Godol wore a Tzitz embossed with the words KODESH LASHEM.

The Ohr Hachaim Hakodosh explains these words that Kodesh is a reference to Klalus Yisroel (The general Jewish Nation). When Klal Yisroel is connected to Hashem it is L'ratzon lifnei Hashem.

This commentary resonated loudly in my mind!

It is stating that Klal Yisroel can be called by another name, their name is "Kodesh"!

Our essence is holy & pure!

When we connect with Hashem, we are worthy of being a crown on the Kohen Godol's forehead!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 09 Feb 2011 23:29 #96362

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Tetzave:

Kasis lama'or l'hal'os ner tamid.

Question: Why is it necessary to work so hard? Why do we need to break apart our ego & other bad traits in order for our inner purity to shine forth? We seem to be having some clean streaks the way we are too?

Answer: As long as we don't shed and shred the inferior attributes that we posses, we are bound to fail in our quest for long-term sobriety. The light will burn out. We may have respectable streaks, but it won't last indefinitely. The glow is sure to fade with time.

We need to to be kasis l'maor in order for us to be a ner tamid, an everlasting illumination!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 14 Feb 2011 20:37 #96929

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Ki Sisa:

The parsha of Chet Ha'Egel begins with the words "Vayar Ha'am" - and the nation saw.

All aveiros begin with 'looking'.

Ayin roeh, Halev chomeid....

Lo sasuru acharei levavchem.  How can we resist? v'acharei eineychem! By guarding your eyes!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 15 Feb 2011 22:34 #97111

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Ki Sisa:

Vayomer Hashem hinei makom itti v'nitzavta al hatzur. (33:21)

JewInProgress wrote on 13 Feb 2011 20:40:

I am going to repeat this again & again, till it will hit my brain
הצור תמים פעלו כי כל דרכיו משפט אל אמונה ואין עול צדיק וישר הוא

Hashem says, "There is room for you with me! You can be in my presence constantly." All you need to do is set yourself in this possuk (The possuk of Hatzur). Repeat it again & again until it hits your brain!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 21 Feb 2011 23:57 #97923

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayakheil

Vaychabeir ess chameish hayerios achas el echas v'chameish yerios chibeir achas el echas. (36:10)
Vaychabeir es hayrios achas el achas bakrasim vayhi hamishkan echod. (36:13)

Here, on GYE's Wall of Honor, we strive to reach the 90 day mark. We do that by connecting One Day at a Time. We make each day be clean for itself; we connect 90 such clean days to arrive at a unit, a 90 day clean streak.

At times, someone who already has such a '90 day unit' under his belt may need to restart his count, R"L. He again starts again creating one clean day at a time. These clean days add up & he reaches the 90 day milestone a second time (or a third....).

He now has two units of 90 day clean stretches in his account. These two units combine. Hashem combines them with golden hooks. Hashem sees a dear Jew who has been working on his kedusha for 180 days (or more...)!!!

He becomes a resting place for the Shechina!

HE is the ONE place in this lowly & impure world where Hashem can 'make himself comfortable'!

EVERY ONE OF US HERE ON GYE IS A MISHKAN FOR HASHEM!!!!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 23 Feb 2011 19:09 #98264

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Vayakheil:

Vaya'as Betzalel.

Because he gave himself over on this more than the others, it is called on his name. (Rashi)

Is there any Yid in our generation who gave 'himself over', who dedicated his life to increase shemiras einayim among the Jewish Nation as much as our leader, Rabbeinu GuardUrEyes Shlita?

Let every Jew who loves Hashem loudly proclaim: We Love The Heiliger Guard!!!!
Attachments:

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 02 Mar 2011 01:05 #99157

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Pekudei:

Vayhi m'as hakikar hakesef latzekes ess adnei hakodesh.....
v'ess ha'elef ..... assa avim la'amudim v'tzipah rasheihem v'chishak osam.
(38:27-28)

All the silver was obtained the same way. Every Jew had an equal part in it. Most of the silver was used as the base, the foundation, of the Mishkan. The rest was used for:

• The vavei ha'amudim - the connectors. For we must always be 'connected'. Isolation breeds....

• Tzipui rashaeihem - a head covering - Yarmulka - yiruh malkah - Remember our Higher Power!

• Chashikeihem - encirclement - boundaries

These are just as important as a strong & weighty base!

Re: Yosef Hatzadik's Ha'oros 04 Mar 2011 00:43 #99513

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Parshas Pekudei:

Ki anan Hashem al hamishkan yomam v'eish tiyeh layla bo leinei chal beis Yisroel b'chol maaseihem. (40:38)

This is the concluding sentence of Chumash Shemos. As the Ramban explains, here is the conclusion of Yetzias Mitzraim. We became a Nation on the level of our forefathers.

Whether we see an otherwise bright day being darkened by a cloud or a dark time in our lives is suddenly illuminated, we must focus on our eyes - even during all our travails.
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes