Welcome, Guest

what we need to remember hashem.
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: what we need to remember hashem. 155 Views

what we need to remember hashem. 23 Feb 2023 20:14 #392571

• easy
  • Current streak: 34 days
  • Expert Boarder
One of the ideas that is repeated many times in the Medresh and commentaries is that the mishkan  is a physical representation of the celestial realms. The Medresh(1) relates a parable of a king who possessed a nice royal stature. He asked a member of his household to make a painting of him. The painter said how can I capture your glory in a painting? The king responded that you paint with your paints and I will retain my glory. So to with Moshe, Hashem showed him the heavens and said make for me like this(2). and Moshe asked, "Am I a god that I can do that? Hashem said you make it with your dies and wools like what you see up here. The Medresh concludes that the golden hooks that held the cloths together appeared like the stars.   The Eshed Hanechalim(3) says that the purpose was that they would see these hooks and they would be reminded of the stars and they would remember the greatness and awesomeness of Hashem. Similar to the painting that would remind someone of the king and they would remember his royal bearing.This commentary strikes me as very interesting. First let's take a moment to realize who would see these golden hooks. They covered the kodesh part of the mishkan where the lechem hapanim, incense altar and menorah was kept, as well as the Kodesh Hakodashim where the Aron was kept. This wasnt a place where anyone from B'nai Yisrael could enter. This was for Ahron Hakoen, his sons, and Moshe Rabeinu.  That's a very exclusive list of tzadikim. It was these people that needed the reminder that Hashem is great and awesome. Additionally they didn't live in New York or even Milwaukee. Every night they went outside they could see the stars, not only that this group went through the maakos and the splitting of the sea. They saw the greatness of God more active in this world than just the awesomeness of "regular" nature. Yet we see from here that even these holy people benefited from having a constant reminder. We also could use a constant reminder of God's greatness. Personally I keep a special coin on me (as it says in God we trust) as a constant reminder. (1) medresh rabah, 35,6(2) there is a big debate over here and elsewhere if Hashem showed moshe the whole mishkan in a vision or just the menorah.(3) on that medresh towards the end starting with the simple explanation

Re: what we need to remember hashem. 23 Feb 2023 20:28 #392572

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful post. 
I would love to hear more from you!
Keep up the good work. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes